Trial Visit to the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Question Trial Visit to the Villages

I noticed the Villages has a preview package for those interesting in visiting the community to see if they might want to live there. I'm planning the same. Other than the preview package, are their other options or recommendations from anyone interested in answering? Thank you!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM

This past summer we made our first visit and rented a house for a month. Other than during the busy winter months, you can rent a house for a week, two or a month at really low rates. Most people will include their resident cards to allow you to do all the activities here, as well as a golf cart. It is a great deal.

My wife wants to know just how busy busy is, so we are coming for the Lifestyle Visit in late March for a week. The big difference for us coming all the way from Kansas is we're flying in for the Lifestyle visit, but were able to drive (3 days) for the month.

I encourage anyone who can to rent a house and really spend as much time as you can there.

Let us know how you enjoy it
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage

A few days is a short time to explore TV as it is hugh with so much to do and see. A month rental is an excellent idea if you can do it. If I had the option, I would go with the month rental.

When you come to visit, talk to anyone and everyone, visit the squares and take the trolley tour. Some people do know in a short while TV is for them. Be prepared to be blown away by the beauty of TV and it's people.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Sage

We used to stay in one of the local hotels most of the time when we'd come to visit/look around in TV.

Bill
Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Sage

When you come to visit, talk to anyone and everyone, visit the squares and take the trolley tour. Some people do know in a short while TV is for them. Be prepared to be blown away by the beauty of TV and it's people.[/QUOTE]

This is so true. My wife made fun of me to all my friends that I was bringing her to TV, a retirement community for our anniversary and not a cruise instead. We did the LSV and after the first day we turned to each other and said we are buying a house here. Didn't want to wait for one to be built so we bought a re-sale. Best decision we ever made.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 PM

Ditto what everyone else has said. If you have the time rent a house or CYV for a month. That's what we did, we thought a LSV of 7 days was not enough time to decide if we wanted to buy here. We were right it took us 16 days!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
This past summer we made our first visit and rented a house for a month. Other than during the busy winter months, you can rent a house for a week, two or a month at really low rates. Most people will include their resident cards to allow you to do all the activities here, as well as a golf cart. It is a great deal.

My wife wants to know just how busy busy is, so we are coming for the Lifestyle Visit in late March for a week. The big difference for us coming all the way from Kansas is we're flying in for the Lifestyle visit, but were able to drive (3 days) for the month.

I encourage anyone who can to rent a house and really spend as much time as you can there.

Let us know how you enjoy it
I believe by late March TV will have cleared out a bit. The heaviest crowds seem to be in Feb. At least that's what we found to be the case last year when we arrived at our new house in Feb. In March you will get to see it busy but not be overwhelmed. you will have easier access to the restaurants. Actually, comparing TV to some of the Gulf Coast communities that we've rented in, it's not all that crowded, in our opinion. I think because it is so big, with wide streets and plenty of shopping variety. I just never get the crowd-claustrophobic feeling we've gotten other places (Anna Maria Island, Ft Myers, Venice, etc.)

Best wishes for a great visit. We visited once for two days, came back 6 months later for a LSV and bought a house in 3 days. We just knew it would be a fit.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Sage

Be sure to bring your checkbook.

"Yeah, right" you say?

Yes. Bring your checkbook!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Be sure to bring your checkbook.

"Yeah, right" you say?

Yes. Bring your checkbook!

YES...bring your checkbook.....

While reviewing sales from Monday 8am to Today Wednesday Noon......

...FORTY TWO buyers brought their checkbooks and purchased lots to build their new home IN The Villages.......

........24 of the 42 buyers are moving TO The Villages FROM Florida.
Yes, that is correct......people who already retired to somewhere else in Florida are discovering
The Villages.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

YES...bring your checkbook.....

While reviewing sales from Monday 8am to Today Wednesday Noon......

...FORTY TWO buyers brought their checkbooks and purchased lots to build their new home IN The Villages.......

........24 of the 42 buyers are moving TO The Villages FROM Florida.
Yes, that is correct......people who already retired to somewhere else in Florida are discovering
The Villages.
Where can you review sales online??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.