TV/Internet Service in Sabal Chase

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Default TV/Internet Service in Sabal Chase

We will be closing on our home in mid Aug. and looking at what we need. We need TV/internet/phone services. Do you need to have a hone phone to get internet services. What providers are available in Sabal Chase. Wondering what others are using and does anyone have either Dish or Direct TV. Your help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 AM

Please need help in finding what options we will have for these services. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

For cable TV you have the choice of Comcast or Century Link 'Prism' TV, for satellite you have Directv and Dish Network.

For internet you have Comcast or Century Link.

For landline home phone you have Comcast or Century Link.

I have Century Link for home phone and internet, I pay $59.99 a month plus tax of about $15 for 10mpbs internet and home phone with unlimited long distance and caller ID. For television I have Directv, I've been a subscriber since 2008 and I like all the choices with about 125 channels in HD and we have a 60" HD television, and when football season comes around Directv is the only place to watch every NFL game.

/
Old 07-17-2013, 04:12 PM

John W. Are both Century and Comcast available Village wide? Are you satisfied with the reliability of Century Link as far as service interruptions go? I agree with you on Direct TVas far as football season goes, but do you know if either of the others offers a good bundling package? Thanks.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadkingl View Post
John W. Are both Century and Comcast available Village wide? Are you satisfied with the reliability of Century Link as far as service interruptions go? I agree with you on Direct TVas far as football season goes, but do you know if either of the others offers a good bundling package? Thanks.
I've been with Century Link for 2 years this month. My internet has never been down and my telephone has not been down as far as I know. The only complaint is, even though we are on the 'do not call' list, we get telemarketing calls almost everyday. We asked Century Link to add 'call block' to our service, which they did for free, so now I can block up to a dozen phone numbers.

Century Link is suppose to be affliated with Directv and offer some sort of bundling, I think it's a small discount. When I moved here I already had Directv and they said they didn't want to get involved bundling someone that had existing service. If you haven't moved yet, you may qualify for free NFL Sunday Ticket from Directv. The past two summers I've been here they given it away free to those who have moved here in July and August.

I believe Century Link and Comcast are Village wide and if below CR 466A you also have another cable company to choose from, Brighthouse. The OP was in Sabal Chase so I didn't include them since they are north of that area like myself.

Here's a speed test I just took, my internet usually comes up between 8 - 10 download speed.

Download Speed: 8112 kbps (1014 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 759 kbps (94.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 77 ms
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:49:04 PM
Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the useful info.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:21 PM

John W-Thanks for all your help. Any other input.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.