TV Lifestyle Package Next Week - YAY

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Smile TV Lifestyle Package Next Week - YAY

Cannot believe that our Lifestyle Package visit to TV is comig up so soon (April 5-10). We have so many questions. What can we expect as lifestylers? Is there a dog park nearby? I'm very excited to be able to experience getting around in a golf cart. Coming from NYC, I have always left the driving to my husband or relied on mass transit. Hubby has already decided to leave the driving to me while in TV. Is TV connected by a tunnel/road system and is it easy to get around via golf cart? Any other advice/recommendations/suggestions would be priceless as this trip will be our decision maker. We plan to retire and move to FL by August or September. Thanks for anything else you can offer. Sincerely, Margit, Michael and Skye (our fur baby).
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Hello, Madmags, and to the TOTV forum! Yes, there are TONS of golf cart paths here in TV. I believe over 90 miles worth. And indeed, many tunnels as well to help you get around. There are 2 dog parks, and also a nice one just outside of TV. People are generally dog friendly, and you will enjoy a wonderful visit here. Visit the town squares, see some entertainment, golf if you enjoy that, see the rec centers and what they have to offer, and have an agent show you around. Ask questions of anyone and they will be happy to answer and help with just about anything! And bring your checkbook hope you enjoy your stay!!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Thanks hotrodgirl. We are certainly looking forward to everything TV has to offer. It seems that "bring your checkbook" s a recurring theme. So I guess we should - LOL. Thanks again.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM

Check out the Virginia Trace website and you'll see more info than you know what to do with. I also sent you a PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
Hello, Madmags, and to the TOTV forum! Yes, there are TONS of golf cart paths here in TV. I believe over 90 miles worth. And indeed, many tunnels as well to help you get around. There are 2 dog parks, and also a nice one just outside of TV. People are generally dog friendly, and you will enjoy a wonderful visit here. Visit the town squares, see some entertainment, golf if you enjoy that, see the rec centers and what they have to offer, and have an agent show you around. Ask questions of anyone and they will be happy to answer and help with just about anything! And bring your checkbook hope you enjoy your stay!!
What she said in addition to taking the trolley tour. Buy a map from the sales office as you will need to study it. You will be amazed at how big TV is.

"bring your checkbook"

Be prepared to be blown away by the beauty of Tv and it's friendly people. Talk to anyone and everyone as they will more than willing to tell you how much they love living in TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM

Thanks Pat. Got your PM and looking forward to the get together. Please send the details.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

Madmags, I know that you will enjoy your visit. This place has something for everyone. I have attached a helpful website with the golf cart trails. It helped me get oriented when we moved here 4 months ago.

http://cartingthevillages.com/index.php[/URL]

I have also included a basic map with the golf courses marked.

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle...Shops_Rest.pdf

We live in the Village of Charlotte if you want to get together when you're here. Just PM me.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:10 PM

Bring your checkbook!!!!!
Had our lifestyle visit at the end of January and was blown away by TV. Bottom line bought a lot, had design meeting and closing date is 5/24 on our Lily in The Village of Pinellas. Most important if you come to the point that you want to build.....find the model you like and stretch the hell out of it as much as possible as long as it fits on the lot.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Gold member

Enjoy every minute! If you are in the neighborhood drop in!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmags View Post
Cannot believe that our Lifestyle Package visit to TV is comig up so soon (April 5-10). We have so many questions. What can we expect as lifestylers? Is there a dog park nearby? I'm very excited to be able to experience getting around in a golf cart. Coming from NYC, I have always left the driving to my husband or relied on mass transit. Hubby has already decided to leave the driving to me while in TV. Is TV connected by a tunnel/road system and is it easy to get around via golf cart? Any other advice/recommendations/suggestions would be priceless as this trip will be our decision maker. We plan to retire and move to FL by August or September. Thanks for anything else you can offer. Sincerely, Margit, Michael and Skye (our fur baby).
Once you are there and drink the Kool-Aid there is NO turning back. We were there last March for the 1st time and now we are closing 4/8 in Sanibel. We are about 1 hour north of you in NY - Dutchess County.. Can't wait to close! Enjoy your stay ! You will have a blast ! It's what you make of it !
Old 03-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

When we were there for our first visit last October, I made the observation that someone could make some $$ by being a private tour operator in TV for newbies. I would have loved to have someone "in the know", spend the day with us, touring us around, giving us the secrets of TV. That would get people off on the right foot and maybe save some time trying to find things on your own. Now, I know that some people find that the fun part, but for me, I love to have the expertise of "the locals" when starting out in a new place.

So, there's a business idea for someone who enjoys meeting new people and has time on their hands!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

Some suggestions from a relatively new Villager (we bought in December, closed right after Christmas and were fully moved in early Feb):

1) Do at least one market night at SS or LSL

2) Drive up and down 27/441, 466 and 466A. That will give you a good idea of what stores, restaurants, etc are readily available.

3) Drive around in several different neighborhoods. Each village here has a different feel. Most new construction is south of 466A. Drive from Morse to Buena Vista and you'll pass thru several villages.

4) Don't be afraid to stop and talk to people - most of us are pretty friendly. And don't be afraid to stop at several different rec centers to check out the facilities. Grab a copy of the Recreation News (published weekly and available at all of the rec centers).

Most importantly, have fun.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
When we were there for our first visit last October, I made the observation that someone could make some $$ by being a private tour operator in TV for newbies. I would have loved to have someone "in the know", spend the day with us, touring us around, giving us the secrets of TV. That would get people off on the right foot and maybe save some time trying to find things on your own. Now, I know that some people find that the fun part, but for me, I love to have the expertise of "the locals" when starting out in a new place.

So, there's a business idea for someone who enjoys meeting new people and has time on their hands!
I would have LOVED to do it for free and to fix a nice meal at our house and have you meet the neighbors too. I LOVE it when people post here and tell us how they love this place at first sight.

I LOVE seeing this beautiful place through new eyes. I could NEVER do it for money. It is like bragging about my grandchildren.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would have LOVED to do it for free and to fix a nice meal at our house and have you meet the neighbors too. I LOVE it when people post here and tell us how they love this place at first sight.

I LOVE seeing this beautiful place through new eyes. I could NEVER do it for money. It is like bragging about my grandchildren.
I agree. It is too easy to sell for money! I tell my friends at my home golf club in VA and you see that special look on thier face.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmags View Post
My wife and I just attended the Lifestyle during the first week of March and it was excellent.....so much so we purchased a home in the Village of Fernandina. There is alot to do and see and would recommend taking the free trolley ride for a quick overview of The Villages. We also liked Panera Bread as it served as a easy way of meeting residents and getting their views of The Villages.

In any case you will not be disappointed. Best of luck.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.