Tv services

Old 05-08-2024, 12:07 PM
Default Tv services

Hello all - we are from the UK and close on our home in TV next week. I am a little confused with all the TV options out there offered by Xfinity, etc. Most of the time, we watch Netflix, etc, but if we decide to rent out the home for a few months during peak season, what channels would Renters expect? Any guidance would be great please? Thanks
Old 05-08-2024, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,303 Times in 2,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURLYSANDY View Post
Hello all - we are from the UK and close on our home in TV next week. I am a little confused with all the TV options out there offered by Xfinity, etc. Most of the time, we watch Netflix, etc, but if we decide to rent out the home for a few months during peak season, what channels would Renters expect? Any guidance would be great please? Thanks
IMHO, you will need to contact Comcast directly (or their website) as they have several levels of service. I have Comcast/Xfinity and could not answer your question.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:44 PM

As long as you have a newer television set your renters can use whatever channels they want. The contracts for that go with the person. All you need is basic cable and wi-fi/internet.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:46 PM

And, you should really provide a 50” or larger television IMHO. They are really cheap these days.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,303 Times in 2,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
As long as you have a newer television set your renters can use whatever channels they want. The contracts for that go with the person. All you need is basic cable and wi-fi/internet.
I believe you are correct, however, there may be a charge to the homeowner for the amount of Internet used for streaming. I am sure there are others on here that rent houses with television service that will be able to provide a more definitive answer.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,875 Times in 5,314 Posts

If you expect the renters to use their streaming services, you would need to have a streaming stick, like Roku, plugged into each TV, or require them to bring their own. Personally, I think a short term renter will expect to have TVs that will provide at least a medium level of streaming or cable service available without using there own service. Regarding the streaming data charge, they would need to watch an extremely large amount of streaming to exceed the Xfinity monthly data limit.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,236 Times in 2,817 Posts

I would recommend getting reliable high speed cable internet with unlimited data (we use Xfinity), use your own modem/router gateway device (we use an Arris Surfboard G34), and subscribing to a good streaming service (we use YouTube TV). We also subscribe to the Netflix commercial free tier, have Amazon Prime by default because we use Amazon so much for shopping, and get Peacock for free as part of our contract with Xfinity for internet. Total cost is $35 for internet using our own gateway (while under contract), $73 for YouTube TV, and $15 for Netflix. The Arris gateway cost us $180 to purchase and the cost will be recovered 100% after 12 months of not renting a gateway from Xfinity.

After subscribing to Comcast TV for seemingly forever, we have been very pleasantly surprised how easy the transition to streaming has been. YouTube TV has been great, and unlike Comcast, we can stream everything at both our Villages and Northern homes for the price of one service, and the cloud based DVR is a great feature. Lastly, we use Roku 4K streaming sticks as our streaming devices in all Televisions and can operate everything very easily with the included Roku remotes. Hope that helps with your decision.

Tags
home, months, netflix, rent, decide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.