Village Government

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Default Village Government

I think the Villages is in parts of three counties? What does the local government look like from the prospect of a resident of the villages? Is there a web site I can go to for details. I also understand that there is a course taught on Village local government. Where can I get details on it? Thanks, A New Villager - Joe&Barbara
Old 07-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Platinum member

Joe&Barbara:

First of all, Welcome to The Villages!

Explore www.DistrictGov.org

It will tell you a good bit about the government here, which is really unlike any anywhere else!

And, yes, there is a weekly session designed to tell you most of what you want/need to know. I went the day after I commited to building here. It was very informative, yet, even after having been here for 4-1/2 years, almost, I am still confused, now and then!

Explore what you can at that site, then pose questions here on TOTV. There are all sorts of highly knowledgeable folk who'll tell you all (perhaps even more than) you want to know!

SWR

Old 07-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Platinum member

SWR,

Thanks for sharing this web site. http://www.districtgov.org/
There's a wealth of info here even for oldtimers as well.

George
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Joe&Barbara:

First of all, Welcome to The Villages!

Explore www.DistrictGov.org

It will tell you a good bit about the government here, which is really unlike any anywhere else!

And, yes, there is a weekly session designed to tell you most of what you want/need to know. I went the day after I commited to building here. It was very informative, yet, even after having been here for 4-1/2 years, almost, I am still confused, now and then!

Explore what you can at that site, then pose questions here on TOTV. There are all sorts of highly knowledgeable folk who'll tell you all (perhaps even more than) you want to know!

SWR

Like so many, I went to the CDD weekly session even before moving here and agree that it was very informative. However, I strongly recommend that resident return as often as yearly. It would not only be a refresher of the basics, but the longer you're here and the more familiar with TV you become, the more your questions evolve. There's stuff you wonder about after 2 or 3 years that you didn't know existed on Day 1. And things do change.

It's only an investment of 2 hours, and they give you coffee. As someone here told me, every year newcomers have the same question. It's just that the answers change.

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-26-2009, 06:58 AM
Default Thanks!

SWR,
Thanks for the information, I'll spend time there and look into the classes when I return in late September. Thanks again - Joe&Barbara
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.