Village of PenneCamp

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Default Village of PenneCamp

Hello,

We are Ed and Sue. My wife and I did the VLS in March for six days. Needless to say we loved TV. We worked with a realtor while down in March and are closing on Monday May 18th, on our Pennecamp courtyard villa. We will be snowbirds, from Kansas. My wife is so excited, her last day of work is May 27th and we leave Kansas on the 28th for the month of June to set up, and will be back in October for six months. Pennecamp is a very new village. I was wondering are there any people on TOTV living or bought in Pennecamp.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Welcome! Don't know where the village of Pennecamp is but since it is in The Villages I am sure it is beautiful!

Becky
Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ed and Sue. It is the VERY newest village and a beauty for sure. For those of you who don't know where it is, you can see it across the pond when you eat outdoors at Cane Garden.

You will be the settlers, the ground breakers and the pioneers but it won't be long until like minded folks join you and it is almost eerie how they will be the perfect match to you.

Welcome. You will have an instant bunch of friends outside Pennecamp that you will meet online.

Kindest wishes,

GracieGirl
Old 05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member
Default Pennekamp is west

From the Lberty Park entrance at Buena Vista, take St Charles west past Bailey Trail. There used to be a barrier forbidding access beyond the golf course there. Now it's been moved back considerably, and you can continue along St Charles to Pennekamp Road. Make a right, the pool is in already in. There is a considerable amount of construction going on there, a lot of vacant land marked with the PVC tubes that signify houses coming, and some villas as well new Premier homes already under construction. If you meander back through the area, you can find some premiers on the shore of Lake Miona across the water from the Bridgeport at Miona Shores. The last 2 are on kind of a promontory almost out on the lake. Some of the nicest sites in TV I'd guess.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 PM

Hi Ed and Sue good luck on your move to The villages. Pennecamp is the newest village . Before you know it you will have plenty of neighbors. We live close by in the village of ST Charles. When we came in December only 2 other house were occupied now the whole street is full of friendly people
Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Hi Ed and Sue good luck on your move to The villages. Pennecamp is the newest village . Before you know it you will have plenty of neighbors. We live close by in the village of ST Charles. When we came in December only 2 other house were occupied now the whole street is full of friendly people
We are moving to the villages in November to the Village of St. Charles. How developed is it there and does this seem to be a good choice? We are planning on buying all furniture and washer and dryer once we arrive. Any recommendations on where to shop? We also will be in need of a gasoline powered golf cart. Is there a way to find out if there are any golf cart resales available?
Ron and Sandy from Pa.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Jeff Bieberfeld
Default welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanron View Post
We are moving to the villages in November to the Village of St. Charles. How developed is it there and does this seem to be a good choice? We are planning on buying all furniture and washer and dryer once we arrive. Any recommendations on where to shop? We also will be in need of a gasoline powered golf cart. Is there a way to find out if there are any golf cart resales available?
Ron and Sandy from Pa.
hi new villagers..
we bought our washer and dryer up here in penna at sears, but had it delivered to our home in the villages. did the same thing with mattresses. worked out just fine, and got some good sale prices. lots of golf carts to be had; you have plenty of choice both from dealers and private sellers.
furniture...so many options to choose from.
where in penna are you coming from?
jeff
Old 09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Default Village of PenneCamp

Ed and Sue,

Welcome to PenneCamp. We were the second couple to move on Jonquil Place in May. We were only there for three weeks before we had to come to NC. We will be snowbirds also as we have a cabin in the NC mountains. I think I saw your car at the end of the street before we left but didn't get a chance to welcome you. This is our second time to TV. We first moved in Palo Alto in 1999. It is a great place and know you will enjoy it,too. Look forward to meeting you at the end of October. Sarah and Elwin
Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bieberfeld View Post
hi new villagers..
we bought our washer and dryer up here in penna at sears, but had it delivered to our home in the villages. did the same thing with mattresses. worked out just fine, and got some good sale prices. lots of golf carts to be had; you have plenty of choice both from dealers and private sellers.
furniture...so many options to choose from.
where in penna are you coming from?
jeff
We are coming from New Castle which is 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. How much did they charge to deliver or did you have it delivered from the Sears near the villages? Where are you from?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanron View Post
Ron and Sandy from Pa.
The Villages Golf Cars sells quite a few reconditioned carts - both gas and electric.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Barry - I have a map of TV and I was wondering about St Charles and Pennecamp. It kind of looks out of the way - I mean it is so "west" of everything. How has this worked out for you? It is far to shopping, town square etc? I intend to make it a point to see this new area, when I arrive for my 2nd visit on 10/03. Wishing you all the best in your new home. Would love your opinion of St. Charles, since you were a pioneer there!

Thanks,
Betty
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Red face Village of St Charles

Hi Betty,
I also have a villa in St. Charles. I don't think it's out of the way at all. By car it takes 5 minutes to Lake Sumter Square - golf car closer to 10 minutes. If you want to venture out on a golf car to Spanish Springs it can be a hike. I believe it took us 30 minutes. I love driving around in the golf car and personally love riding around admiring the entire area. Coming from NJ the slower pace appeals to me. I don't feel like any specific thing is "out of the way." However, that is my own opinion and for what it is worth just the way that I feel. I think Pennecamp is absolutely gorgeous. Good Luck on your choice. Sandy
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steigers View Post
Hi Betty,
I also have a villa in St. Charles. I don't think it's out of the way at all. By car it takes 5 minutes to Lake Sumter Square - golf car closer to 10 minutes. If you want to venture out on a golf car to Spanish Springs it can be a hike. I believe it took us 30 minutes. I love driving around in the golf car and personally love riding around admiring the entire area. Coming from NJ the slower pace appeals to me. I don't feel like any specific thing is "out of the way." However, that is my own opinion and for what it is worth just the way that I feel. I think Pennecamp is absolutely gorgeous. Good Luck on your choice. Sandy
Thanks for your opinioin Sandy - that's good to know. I intend to check out both St. Charls and Pennecamp when I visit this time. I've seen some lovely homes offered for sale in that area. Your point about Spanish Springs is well taken.

Betty
Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
Thanks for your opinioin Sandy - that's good to know. I intend to check out both St. Charls and Pennecamp when I visit this time. I've seen some lovely homes offered for sale in that area. Your point about Spanish Springs is well taken.

Betty
Don't forget that what may appear on a map today as out of the way will wind up in the middle of things once the build-out is thru. Brownwood and many, many more homes and stores will be fairly close. My house is in Liberty Park, just up the road form Pennecamp and St Charles, and it's a fine location. Convenient to get around to stores and LSL. Like somebody said, riding around in the golf cart is usually fun.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
Don't forget that what may appear on a map today as out of the way will wind up in the middle of things once the build-out is thru. Brownwood and many, many more homes and stores will be fairly close. My house is in Liberty Park, just up the road form Pennecamp and St Charles, and it's a fine location. Convenient to get around to stores and LSL. Like somebody said, riding around in the golf cart is usually fun.
Another point well taken Steve - I only visited once, so my perspective is very limited. You can never get to see the whole picture in one visit. In fact, it probably takes a year or so to realize the entore scope of the villages and all it has to offer.

Betty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.