Village of PenneCamp

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Default dont forget to check out Amelia!!

op - on the other side of Odell circle is the town of amelia... I just bought there .. quite some good new home deals goimg down as TVs tries to complete the town sales for that section... Beaulieu loop side of Odell Circle just down the block from Amelia pool ...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwho View Post
op - on the other side of Odell circle is the town of amelia... I just bought there .. quite some good new home deals goimg down as TVs tries to complete the town sales for that section... Beaulieu loop side of Odell Circle just down the block from Amelia pool ...
Hi ripwho - thanks - I just checked them all out on the Villages website. I hope to get to see several of them this coming weekend. Very nice of you to send this information. Much appreciated. What type of home did you buy in Amelia if I may ask?

Betty
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to Zass38

Welcome to Pennecamp ... I just bought in Jacaranda Villas in August - First person there. Lots of building down here .... but also lots of sales... neighborhood is building very quickly.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Location: Village of St. Charles,Binghamton, Conklin, Syracuse, and Tully, NY

We just bought in St. Charles, and it is 2.5 miles from Sumter Landing. We are equidistant from 3 pools and the new Regional Rec center, Sea Breeze is less than a mile away. It seems like a nice location, but I have noticed that everyone seems to like their neighborhood, whichever one they are in.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,028 Times in 1,208 Posts

They just opened two executive golf courses in pennecamp. nice area
Old 10-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA
Default Bought villa in Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zass38 View Post
Welcome to Pennecamp ... I just bought in Jacaranda Villas in August - First person there. Lots of building down here .... but also lots of sales... neighborhood is building very quickly.
Hi - I just bought on Adair Lane in Pennecamp. I will be flying in on 11/06/09,
we will be neighbors. Hope to meet you soon. What street do you live on?
Isn't this exciting?

Betty
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz View Post
Hello,

We are Ed and Sue. My wife and I did the VLS in March for six days. Needless to say we loved TV. We worked with a realtor while down in March and are closing on Monday May 18th, on our Pennecamp courtyard villa. We will be snowbirds, from Kansas. My wife is so excited, her last day of work is May 27th and we leave Kansas on the 28th for the month of June to set up, and will be back in October for six months. Pennecamp is a very new village. I was wondering are there any people on TOTV living or bought in Pennecamp.
we just purchased a new Home in Pennecamp @ 1958 Ashwood Run. Our colosing is in Dec.
My wife and I are very excited. We will be part time residents for a while
Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Default New Owners

Hi
We are Karen and Bill Gordon. Just purchsed a home in Pennecamp on Ashwood Run closing in December.
We will be Part Time residents for awhile and very excited about TV,
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Default Village of Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz View Post
Hello,

We are Ed and Sue. My wife and I did the VLS in March for six days. Needless to say we loved TV. We worked with a realtor while down in March and are closing on Monday May 18th, on our Pennecamp courtyard villa. We will be snowbirds, from Kansas. My wife is so excited, her last day of work is May 27th and we leave Kansas on the 28th for the month of June to set up, and will be back in October for six months. Pennecamp is a very new village. I was wondering are there any people on TOTV living or bought in Pennecamp.
We are Ronn and Mary. We just bought a Courtyard Villa in Pennecamp today (November 10, 2009). We both retired this year and will also be snowbirds from Kansas. We are actually from Olathe, KS. Our new address is 1936 Sagamore Street and we will be closing in mid December and probably won't be in The Villages for our walk through until January 2, 2010.

I guesss that means we will be neighbors or at least in the same Village.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Default Moving to St. Charles on 1/4

Hi sanron just got back from TV on Monday my sales rep. gave me a heads up with a price increase stating on 11/16 of 5%. I went right up from my condo in Stuat Fl. and got a closing date of 1/4/10 boy they move fast. I also bought in the Village of St. Charles Baldwin Run. The St. is so crowded with construction vechles and workers i got stuck between a large cememt truck and a food vender truck as i was unable to get out for a while. My lot is the only vacant lot on the St. but it wont be for long. Now that i will be closing on 1/4 i have to hurry and get my financing in place. The cash is there i just have to cash in one of my 401K's. I know i'am going off topic but its important to me. I'am thinking of pushing back the closing date a week or to insure that everything is in place and no clitches will occur with the closing and it will give me time to get my financing in place.
I think the best way for me to go is to open up a small IRA at my Scottrade account then send a form to to Smith Barney and have my 401k moved to that account then sell everything in that account and that will round out my cash buyer deal. Very stressful time but its good stress. The other suggestions are excellent like getting a washer and dryer fom Sears near me and then have it delievered from a Sears near TV to my house. Wish me luck with nailing down all the moving parts to this adventure.

Bloomfield, NJ, Middletown, NY
Old 11-11-2009, 03:34 PM

We are seriously considering a Patio Villa in the Village of Pennecamp.

What are the current prices for a Colony?

I look at The Villages web site but the prices there are always higher than when I’m down there.

We have a rental through the villages for Feb & March but we must decide before Dec 15 if we are to buy.

We will be snowbirds for 3 months a year
Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquin3 View Post
We are seriously considering a Patio Villa in the Village of Pennecamp.

What are the current prices for a Colony?

I look at The Villages web site but the prices there are always higher than when I’m down there.
Here's two more sites that might help. They will have listings that are NOT shown on The Villages site.

For Sale By Owner site
http://www.thevillagesfsbo.com

MLS Realtor site
http://www.buyinthevillages.com
Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Smile Moving to Pennecamp

We bought our house in Pennecamp on 8/17 closed on 9/22 via mail. Put our house up for sale on 9/2 and sold it 10/2. We close on it 11/26 and hope to be in Pennecamp by the 2nd week of Dec. Whew!!! We were very lucky.

Now we are looking forward to meeting our neighbors and having fun.

Cannot wait to get there.

Pam and Jack
Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Sage

Jack&Pam - Congrats!! Looks like all the stars aligned for you! We're jealous.....

Bill
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Sage

Bill-n-Brillo
Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2010

Jack&Pam - Congrats!! Looks like all the stars aligned for you! We're jealous.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack and Pam:

I am sooooooooooo jealous.

You must have had one heck of a nice home! Your heads must be spinning that things moved that fast. I wish I had that problem. What's your secret formula for selling your home in a month? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hoping your transition will be smooth and you allow yourselves to have some fun. Best wishes as you start to live in paradise.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.