Tax preparer?

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Default Tax preparer?

Does anyone know of a someone who prepares taxes, preferably a person who has done your taxes in the past? Thanks much.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Tax Preparer

I would recommend Mark Murphy. He is a CPA, is very reasonable and
comes to the house and takes the docs and returns in a couple of
days with the completed returns. He can be reached on 352-897-6715. I would highly recommend him
Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You should provide additional information regarding the preparation of a tax return. Is it business or personal. If Business what type (Sole Prop, "S" Corp or LLC) and how complicated. If personal how complicated or what makes it complicated in your mind that would need any special preparer qualifications. For example, Do you have alot of stock transactions -- are the transactions simple or involve mergers, long time dividend reinvestments, Schedule Ks, did you sell a house or rent property last year, do you have potential energy credits to apply, Do you have dependents outside your imediate family etc, will a state tax return be necessary for a full or part time residency???. You dont need to go to a brain surgeon if all you need is a PA or a DR. I mean in almost all cases, even a CPA have tax clerks that input data you provide them into a computer program such as turbo tax and then the CPA provides a final review.

If you have a fairly simple personal return, you can always go to teh Villages AARP tax center at Colonly Cottage that will do your taxes for free.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Mark Murphy...... comes to your home, makes it very easy.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Mark Murphy does mine, hopes to become a Villager next year, his parents are long time Villagers,

352 8976715
Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 AM

AARP
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I would recommend Mark Murphy. He is a CPA, is very reasonable and
comes to the house and takes the docs and returns in a couple of
days with the completed returns. He can be reached on 352-897-6715. I would highly recommend him
Normally we use Turbo Tax but with selling our house this year and our moving expenses from Mn. to TV, and buying in TV would we be smart to have our taxes done by some one next year?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What is complicated about your return? Did you move for business or work related purposes??? If yes then you need to work out what may be deductible but if it was simply a retirement move it is not deductible!!

Selling your house is a snap with turbo tax...they ask you all the questions and if your gain is less than $500,000 (joint) then their really is no tax involved. when you sell your house in your home state just ask your closing attorney what is deductible and they will normaly tell you BUT the closing statement showing what you paid for your time of ownership is fairly staright forward'. Does MN have a state tax you need to be worried about and if so how does the sale effect those taxes if at all.

Buying a house in TV can be a little trickey IF you itemize! i say that for if you pay cash and buy in TV early in the year you will ave little deductions to consider...if you are taking a mortgage then it gets moroe involved BUT not that compliacted. Turbo tax (or most tax programs) will walk you through a new home purchase .

I would suggest if you are comfortable using turbo tax and after entering al the data still want someone to look at it, ave someone review what you have entered and ask for suggestions for more deductons or where your questions may be.

Again all these preparers use a tax software program very similar to turoTax and the person may not even be the CPA you are about to hire!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.