Villages - buying north of 440

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Are the better looking ones married are single?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bransonhillbilly View Post
Are the better looking ones married are single?
yes
Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
Nope. Nope. Not gonna touch that one. Nope
Good answer!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I think the women north of 466 are better looking.
Thank you, TH!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Pturner;299503]Hi Rugbyjohn,
We bought north of 466 because of the mature landscaping, the homes further apart, and our favorite golf courses and country clubs are on the north side. We enjoy both town squares. If you want new, north of 466 is not an option.

And now that the golf cart paths are being widened, I think that buying north of 466 is even more appealing.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:27 PM

Nice insulting comment coming from an old man!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana18 View Post
Nice insulting comment coming from an old man!!!!!!!
???? Who are you referring to?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I think the women north of 466 are better looking.
Am I included even if I'm up by Mulberry only temporarily?

I will say staying this far north in the rental I notice that it's much quieter and less traffic. I met some people who recently bought in Orange Blossom Special and they seem very happy. I agree it's all preference. We'll permanently land centrally.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
???? Who are you referring to?

The better looking women north of 466.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

There are a couple of things you can consider. On the older homes built before 2006, I think, they are not built to newer construction standards as regards hurricanes. It may or may not be an issue. You do get a house in an established neighborhood with mature plantings and a home, possibly, with many upgrades you won't have to do yourself.

On the other hands in the new neighborhoods everyone is moving in at the same approximate time and meeting and greeting each other. It's far easier to get involved in a golf group, for instance, or any kind of recreational gathering when you're forming them from scratch. In an older neighborhood the golf groups are pretty well established. It won't matter if you're a gregarious person, I imagine, and know how to take the bull by the horns, but if you're laid back, like me, it could be harder to fit in easily.

In the end though, TV is such a beautiful place and the people are, almost without question, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. We're almost all people with a positive attitude who are willing to take chances and meet new people with an open hand. Think about it, we've all left our homes and gone on an adventure with our hopes for a better future. At our age? Who could imagine?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
The better looking women north of 466.
We all know that is true!!!! Been here nine years and haven't seen finer!!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Platinum member
Default Misinformation

[QUOTE=RichieLion;299689]There are a couple of things you can consider. On the older homes built before 2006, I think, they are not built to newer construction standards as regards hurricanes.
QUOTE]

I think someone may have given you some flawed information. We live north of 466 and our house was built to hurricane standards. I can't say when the changes came, but our house was completed in January, 2004 and they were in place then. We had the additional inspection the state offered done a couple of years ago (don't remember exactly when this was) and as a result, got a substantial reduction in our insurance. Several things go into this wind-whatever-it-is inspection such as the construction itself, the attic, the type roof (hip vs gable), etc. We've been here since Feb. 2004 and have had no issues except for the drywall residue in the kitchen plumbing which was resolved through the warranty department with no fuss whatsoever (cracking, siding, etc.).
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 10-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

[quote=dillywho;299721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
There are a couple of things you can consider. On the older homes built before 2006, I think, they are not built to newer construction standards as regards hurricanes.
QUOTE]

I think someone may have given you some flawed information. We live north of 466 and our house was built to hurricane standards. I can't say when the changes came, but our house was completed in January, 2004 and they were in place then. We had the additional inspection the state offered done a couple of years ago (don't remember exactly when this was) and as a result, got a substantial reduction in our insurance. Several things go into this wind-whatever-it-is inspection such as the construction itself, the attic, the type roof (hip vs gable), etc. We've been here since Feb. 2004 and have had no issues except for the drywall residue in the kitchen plumbing which was resolved through the warranty department with no fuss whatsoever (cracking, siding, etc.).
You're right. I don't know why 2006 was in my head, but it was 2002 that Florida instituted the new building codes.

http://www.housingpolicy.org/toolbox...?tierid=113289
Old 10-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
We're almost all people with a positive attitude who are willing to take chances and meet new people with an open hand. Think about it, we've all left our homes and gone on an adventure with our hopes for a better future. At our age? Who could imagine?
You said it, RichieLion! Most everyone who moves here had to give up either family, friends, or roots of some sort seeking a new adventure! We are all from somewhere else -- and so, it is easy to make friends no matter which neighborhood or village you choose.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
We all know that is true!!!! Been here nine years and haven't seen finer!!!
Thanks, neighbor.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.