Visitor to TV from NJ

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Visitor to TV from NJ

We finally got our visit to TV set up for the end of April. We hope to see many things and learn even more. Is there any one here from New Jersey? I would love to speak with you. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
We finally got our visit to TV set up for the end of April. We hope to see many things and learn even more. Is there any one here from New Jersey? I would love to speak with you. Thanks.
There are many people from New Jersey in The Villages. There's even a New Jersey club. Here's a link to all the clubs with contact telephone numbers.

http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Old 03-25-2014, 11:26 PM

Anyone from Princeton NJ or the surrounding area?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

EnglishJW/Dale - Hubs and I are from central NJ's east coast and we snowbird here for the winter.

Dale - Worked in Trenton and had fam in Cranberry and West Windsor! Love Thomas Sweet's!

EnglishJW - we'll be flying north come the end of next month - wish we could have helped assimilate you to TV during your visit! If I can answer any questions - just send me a private message and will do my best to answer same! Have a great visit!

Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 AM

Manalapan/Englishtown NJ now full time Villagers. You are going to LOVE IT.........
Old 03-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Originally from North Haledon (outside Paterson) will be full time TV 9/1/15.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Location: New York, New Jersey and now The Villages (Virginia Trace)

I am from East Windsor and Princeton Junction, born and raised in Brooklyn. Worked in Trenton and Lawrenceville. I have four daughters and their families in Princeton Junction, Cranbury, East Windsor and Bordentown so I am there frequently. If you want, PM me and hopefully I can be of some help. Have a great visit.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayschic View Post
There are many people from New Jersey in The Villages. There's even a New Jersey club. Here's a link to all the clubs with contact telephone numbers.

http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Thank you.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:38 AM

Moved here full time from old bridge have a great visit and enjoy all this place has to offer
Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
EnglishJW/Dale - Hubs and I are from central NJ's east coast and we snowbird here for the winter.
We are in Watchung but have lots of family in both Point Pleasant and Brick. Do you fly or drive or both? If you fly, is it always to Orlando? We will be visiting for the first time but traveling (flying) through Tampa to see relatives in Clearwater. Are there better/worse times to fly from NJ to FL? Have you ever flown from PA?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Manalapan/Englishtown NJ now full time Villagers. You are going to LOVE IT.........
Hansel & AlanMacdonald: How many times did you visit before you became full time Villagers?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:30 PM

Sorry, totally OT, but I had to weigh in and say EnglishJW, I love your hat!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Son and his family have flown into both Orlando and Tampa. Drive from Tampa is a little longer but they prefer the longer drive over the crowds at Orlando, but Orlando has a lot more flights choices. We like to drive but when we must, we fly in and out of Orlando. I think it comes down to personal choice.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Thank you Santa! Have a merry ...
Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
We are in Watchung but have lots of family in both Point Pleasant and Brick. Do you fly or drive or both? If you fly, is it always to Orlando? We will be visiting for the first time but traveling (flying) through Tampa to see relatives in Clearwater. Are there better/worse times to fly from NJ to FL? Have you ever flown from PA?

Thanks.
We drive since we are both retired, have been doing the trip for years to visit family and Disney and we enjoy a leisurely trip looking for all the things that change from year to year. We now have family in each of the Carolinas so we have added overnights there, too! Neither of us enjoys flying and will likely hop aboard Amtrak if the driving ever gets to be a burden.

Our NJ snowbird friends always fly - from Atlantic City on Spirit airlines because of the low, low rates they can get with some $9 club that Spirit has - only goes into Orlando or West Palm Beach. Both couples have golf carts and one has a car, so transportation once they are shuttled here from the airport there is no transportation issue.

Best time to fly here - whenever the rate is low enough. Worst time to fly here - holidays, spring break and NJ teacher convention week! Fares are highest and deals are not as easy to find - requires flexibility!

Only one friend ever flew from PA - Southwest out of Philadelphia. Good flight but one needs to be familiar with the '3 line boarding procedure' if SW is still using that.

What with where you live, my guess is that Newark is your easiest airport and Jet Blue the airline. I'd suggest you look into what JB might offer for a frequent flyer program. We also have friends that have been known to take the train into Newark and then hop the train that stops at the airport - they then ride the tram to the terminal. Takes as much time to do that as the flight takes! I don't include that as a travel suggestion unless one is looking for a different kind of adventure! Of course, another adventure if one wanted to use Atlantic City airport would be to book a hotel room the nite before one's flight and the night of one's arrival - more fun than taking the train to Newark I'd say! But I do believe the cost of long-term parking @ the A C airport has increased quite a bit since our friends bought here 8 yrs ago.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.