Water Bill Shock!!!

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
bimmer, when is the dry portion of the summer, can't wait til it gets here. as for my charge irrigation water it has been $0 for the last two months with all the rain we've had over the last 2 months I took the advice of someone from the county on the radio 2 months ago and set the timer on manual and haven't turned it back on since...gn
Dry period was pretty much in late April early May. Live in a premier neighborhood. All the lawns looked awful for some time. Big lots and neighbors paying well over $400 per month for the total VCDDD bills.

Two neighbors had entire lawn replaced with Zoysia (spelling??) grass for around 6K a lot.

All is well now with minimal watering needed due to rain.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 AM

Our first water bill was high like yours and we had just closed on the house a few days earlier, so they were charging me for the time the Villages owned the house. They are fairly poor at making appropriate prorations. Check it out.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Default Water shock!

Are you reading your bill correctly? The ammenities fee is usually the largest portion along with the trash pick up. You might want to adjust your sprinklers for less usage.....christine
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM

We are thinking of artificial grass. We did check out that Pooters Job mentioned above and it is horribly installed. Surprised Community Standards hasn't said anything and most scary is someone actually paid money for that poor workmanship. There are some other companies work we've seen here and in AZ and by far this homeowner got ripped off. BTW What is a pooter?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
We are thinking of artificial grass. We did check out that Pooters Job mentioned above and it is horribly installed. Surprised Community Standards hasn't said anything and most scary is someone actually paid money for that poor workmanship. There are some other companies work we've seen here and in AZ and by far this homeowner got ripped off. BTW What is a pooter?
From wiki:
A small container connected to two tubes. Used to catch tiny animals.

"Pooter" also has a very crass/crude urban slang definition.

"Pooter" could also be the business owner's last name.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage

A couple of days ago, I received my VCDD bill for amenity fee and water. This was the first full bill since I had the leak fixed by the water meter. This bill was $100 LESS than the previoius bill. Made me mighty happy.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,684 Times in 601 Posts

how often do you water and how big is your yard?
Our neighbor got a $200 bill, but her sprinkler was on every day.
When I asked her about it, she said she was *watering in her fertilizer*.
I asked again, then decided to mind my own business.

When she got her bill two months later, she came out ranting and raving.

Likely the bill is legit, so just figure out your watering pattern and minimize it.
Grass is grass, doesn't need a ton of water, 'specailly in the summer rainy season.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
how often do you water and how big is your yard?
Our neighbor got a $200 bill, but her sprinkler was on every day.
When I asked her about it, she said she was *watering in her fertilizer*.
I asked again, then decided to mind my own business.

When she got her bill two months later, she came out ranting and raving.

Likely the bill is legit, so just figure out your watering pattern and minimize it.
Grass is grass, doesn't need a ton of water, 'specailly in the summer rainy season.
grass is grass,etc. most people over water!! A good watering Every 7-10 days is fine. Grasses used in hot climate areas do just fine in the heat, if they start to look alittle yellowish it will bounce right back when you do water.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Default Water bill

If you buy a brand new house the irrigation system is set to go on every day for the first month because the grass and plants are new and need a lot of water. That is probably why your first water bill was so high.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.