We got the check!

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default We got the check!

We are ready to close! Met with our realtor today and got the closing numbers and ran right to the bank! Closing @ 10a.m. Wed! Hooray! I can't wait to get out of motel rooms! At least we got most of the 'stuff' we brought out of the car and into the utility room!

Hope I find my bed tomorrow and that the store can deliver Wed afternoon! Went to Showcase Direct and Southern Lifestyles today - can't say they were too high but you can't budge them deeper than their 5% villager discount! Just might wait 'til I get my 'welcome wagon' 10% discount coupon for one item before I go back there. But then, Jen did say that they will meet any lower price we find elsewhere.

We peeked in the windows of Bargains & Treasures and I might have spied a kitchen set. Will go back there tomorrow after visiting Kents and Whites. Gonna go to Babbettes Thursday.

I have to share with you all that our cleaning crew today worked miracles with the interior of our-home-to-be! Melanie's Squeaky Clean from Bellview - A-1 recommendation! She got the shower doors back to see-through and got the bathrooms so clean that I won't hesitate to use them! They were the scariest rooms when we first saw the house! And did they ever clean the blinds - every slat! DH was so impressed, he bought the ladies lunch!!! Our hats are off to Melanie and her crew!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Platinum member
Default Congrats....

and Welcome! How exciting for you!! Are you here full or part time? Either way it is a wonderful area! Congrats and welcome again!

Suzy Toronto
Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Gold member
Default Furniture ...

There is a really nice furniture consignment shop whose name I can't think of in Ocala; it's next door to one of the two Staples stores (not the one on the main drag Route 200). Also, we did extraordinarily well at the Rooms to Go Clearance Warehouse in Seffner, outside of Tampa, a bit of a trip but, for us anyway, well worth it. The warehouse has so much more to pick from than the closer Rooms to Go Clearance Store (e.g., Orlando), and they are more 'flexible' on prices.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you. I have forgotten WHERE you are. I would say that we would meet you at the St. Patty's day parade, but everyone in the town will be there. Shout out if we can help.

Relax, Take a deep breath, It is gonna get better and better!!

Gracie and family.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

That is great!
Also thanks for the tip on the cleaning crew! We will need that if we buy pre-owned.

Army Guy
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Hope I find my bed tomorrow and that the store can deliver Wed afternoon! Went to Showcase Direct and Southern Lifestyles today - can't say they were too high but you can't budge them deeper than their 5% villager discount! Just might wait 'til I get my 'welcome wagon' 10% discount coupon for one item before I go back there. But then, Jen did say that they will meet any lower price we find elsewhere.
Welcome to The Villages! For a 10% discount off one regular priced item at Showcase Direct see if you can find a current copy of the Sound Clips coupon magazine that the Daily Sun publishes. There's one in there that expires 3/31/09. This coupon magazine originally is delivered with the paper, but there are also boxes with extra copies througout The Villages. If you can't find one you could have mine if we can figure out a place and time to meet.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

for now we will be snowbirds...we have our permanent residence one mile from the atlantic ocean in central new jersey [a lovely walk early in he morning and after dinner]...so that means summer at the jersey shore. then we have a vacation home in maine [real estate too low to try to sell that now]...so that means fall in new england. having the house here means the winter in florida. spring is still available for yet unknown options!!

thanx for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
and Welcome! How exciting for you!! Are you here full or part time? Either way it is a wonderful area! Congrats and welcome again!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Sage

we did quite well today at kents up in belleview - living room and bed being delivered tomorrow. then we checked out bargains and treasures in oxford - might go back to get some tables for the guest room to-be. and we found a lovely bedroom set at southern lifestyles - was really surprised at the reasonable price there.

but we will add your suggestions to our list. we are still looking for that guest room furniture and for a kitchenette set. thanx for the referrals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Lanier View Post
There is a really nice furniture consignment shop whose name I can't think of in Ocala; it's next door to one of the two Staples stores (not the one on the main drag Route 200). Also, we did extraordinarily well at the Rooms to Go Clearance Warehouse in Seffner, outside of Tampa, a bit of a trip but, for us anyway, well worth it. The warehouse has so much more to pick from than the closer Rooms to Go Clearance Store (e.g., Orlando), and they are more 'flexible' on prices.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage

our home is in the (pre-)historic village of silver lake - it is a perfect for our first home here!

were you at that parade!!! OMG!!! DH paled at the parking not to mention the crowd! So I had him drop me off so i could enjoy some bagpiping - and then called him later to come and pick me up!!! next year we are setting up like the folks near 2-jays - they were there with chairs and coolers at 2:30in the afternoon!

i can't wait for tomorrow morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome to you. I have forgotten WHERE you are. I would say that we would meet you at the St. Patty's day parade, but everyone in the town will be there. Shout out if we can help.

Gracie and family.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Sage

you're welcome for the tip - and thanx to you for your service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
That is great!
Also thanks for the tip on the cleaning crew! We will need that if we buy pre-owned.

Army Guy

Old 03-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage

thank you for your offer - will keep it in mind. maybe i will go over to the daily sun and see if i can get a copy there [we usually drive by the office at least 2/4x a day]! or i can ask my friends if they kept their copy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
Welcome to The Villages! For a 10% discount off one regular priced item at Showcase Direct see if you can find a current copy of the Sound Clips coupon magazine that the Daily Sun publishes. There's one in there that expires 3/31/09. This coupon magazine originally is delivered with the paper, but there are also boxes with extra copies througout The Villages. If you can't find one you could have mine if we can figure out a place and time to meet.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:33 PM

If it's of any help we bought the whole house full of furniture from Kane's in Ocala. I know some people might have had problems with them but we certainly didn't. If anything was slightly damaged or not quite right it was put right straight away.

We chose them because a friend of ours who lived in Glenview recommended them to us when he saw a sofa he had bought previously was $500 cheaper in Kanes! Also, we went along to look at Rooms to Go in Ocala but be careful because they had a delivery charge for EACH room of furniture that they deliver, even though everything is on the same van.

Kane's has a huge showroom and it's well worth a look. We bought all our furniture for our first house there in 2002 and when we moved to our second house in 2006 we were happy enough to buy everything from them again. We are from the UK so with the exchange rate we have to be very careful that we get a good deal and we certainly did with them.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Gracie and family.
Hi, just a little note, if abrev it is St. Paddy's Day. Patty is for Patricia and we don't want to offend the Old Man.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.