What to Expect?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Default What to Expect?

Hello All, Just traveled from Eastern Mass (grandkids) to Western Mass (home) and realized - in a few short weeks we will be headed to TV. Thanks to all who gave advice to my Newbie Golfer query - Tim and I have now decided to take the suggested golf lessons when we arrive as part of our month experience AND if we do it the first week, we shouldn't annoy too many the next 3 weeks if we golf (promise to go later in the day!)

As we traveled I also noticed that the leaves were already changing colors and know what that means for us if we stay here, but what can we expect in TV? We will be there from Oct. 23 to Nov. 19th - what is typical weather/temperatures for this time of year in TV? What should we plan for as we pack?

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we head back home happy TV owners. You have all been a great help as you answer everyone's questions. I hope to meet some or all of you in the future!

Thank you,
Debbie
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Debbie, here is the weather history for October 2009...should give you an idea of what to expect.
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=19&year=2009
Old 09-20-2010, 04:54 AM

You'll be here at the best time of the year. Enjoy!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Platinum member

Debbie:

Just don't count on much, if any, fall colors, here!

Palm trees don't change, of course. The majority of deciduous trees may lose their leaves over the fall/winter, but rarely show any color.

The most color I've ever seen is along a stretch of Florida's Turnpike south of Orlando, where there's some slightly yellow slightly orange slight brown visible as I return from my annual Thanksgiving cruise!

Temperatures will be "just about perfect" during the day, perhaps a "tad on the chilly side" at night. So, you may want a light sweater for your evenings at a Square! Same as you'd want one in almost any restaurant anywhere!

SWR
Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbevan View Post
Hello All, Just traveled from Eastern Mass (grandkids) to Western Mass (home) and realized - in a few short weeks we will be headed to TV. Thanks to all who gave advice to my Newbie Golfer query - Tim and I have now decided to take the suggested golf lessons when we arrive as part of our month experience AND if we do it the first week, we shouldn't annoy too many the next 3 weeks if we golf (promise to go later in the day!)

As we traveled I also noticed that the leaves were already changing colors and know what that means for us if we stay here, but what can we expect in TV? We will be there from Oct. 23 to Nov. 19th - what is typical weather/temperatures for this time of year in TV? What should we plan for as we pack?

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we head back home happy TV owners. You have all been a great help as you answer everyone's questions. I hope to meet some or all of you in the future!

Thank you,
Debbie
Hi Debbie,
You are coming at a wonderful time of year to play golf later in day. Enjoy your lessons, but don't expect to be terribly good (I know, oxymoron) at golf by the end of your lessons or even by then end of the month. If you are, my hats off to you! Be patient with yourself as you improve, and you'll love it. In the meantime, I'm sure your instructor will give you pointers on pace of play and other etiquette that will help you feel more relaxed and confident on the courses.

Enjoy your stay and all best wishes in finding your dream home in TV! I know you will love it.

Please post and let us know all about your trip, and whether you bought a home. We love hearing about people's first adventures to TV!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 PM

I am so excited about heading to TV.

Bogie - thank you for the weather site.

fraurauch - I am looking forward to visiting during the BEST time of year as I am sure it will be cold, and probably snowy when we return north! I look at this trip as extending our summer (which was beautiful this year.)

swrinfla - Although the leaves don't change, you have so much beautiful color far longer than we do! This spring when we were down the poor palms were not in very good shape after the cold winter. I hope they have recovered! You gave me just the information I was looking for about what to bring - thank you.

pturner - Thank you for your encouragement. You hit the nail on the head. I don't expect to be really good or even good. Having an idea what I am doing will, as you said. let me be more relaxed and confident and ENJOY the game. (You are always so welcoming and positive in your posts.) I probably will be picking my ball up and moving on, but I won't be stuck inside because it is too cold and snowy.

I will post about our trip and adventures. Wish our trip didn't just miss the monthly Christie's meeting on both ends. It would be great to put faces with names.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.