What happens when you sign up for a visit?

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,697 Times in 604 Posts
Default Re: What happens when you sign up for a visit?

dizz42, The Villages will take great care of you with no pressure.
My singular minor objection was full payment in advance, but.. it was well worth it.

--- and we bought
Old 08-16-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsea2
Another possibility may be that since the rates are reduced in the summer perhaps they put a limit on only during the off season? Just thinking out loud. Maybe someone who visited last summer on a preview can confirm? ;D
We were here on a preview last summer and their were no limits on the meals.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:15 PM

We were down for a visit May 07....and were pleasantly surprised on the meals offered on the punch card. I don't remember the exact amounts but all of them were very adequate. When we went to Palmers it was in the afternoon for lunch, my husband mentioned to the wait staff that we had the coupons...her response...Oh, then I will get you the dinner menu!!!!! 99% of our meal was covered. It was delicious, actually all the meals were delicious!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizz42
After viewing the DVD, my husband and I are "this close" to checking availability for a 3-night visit through The Villages web site. Can anyone tell me what happens after you send in that request? Do they contact you with a specific place to stay and instructions on what you can and can't do? What is included in your visit besides the accommodation? Any sales presentations that you must attend?
Thanks much for any info you can share. I'm anxious to learn.
Here's what happens... (or, I should say... "here's what happened to me/us")... You spend 4 days in paradise (we golfed 3 days), you party and have the time of your life, you cry on the way back to the airport because you have to leave, you get home and become obsessed and posessed with the homes on the website and then YOU BUY A HOME AND GET YOUR FANNY DOWN HERE ASAP! nuf said?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 PM

Mr. JoC and I were there this past July and the coupons were the same as when we were there last March except that there was a limit on the amount you could spend in the restaurants e.g. $50 each at Cattle Barron. My favorite is Cane Garden. Yum. We can't wait to move to TV which will be during Sept. some time. We don't know our closing date up here - our closing date in Hadley is this Thursday --we're so excited!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoC
Mr. JoC and I were there this past July and the coupons were the same as when we were there last March except that there was a limit on the amount you could spend in the restaurants e.g. $50 each at Cattle Barron. My favorite is Cane Garden. Yum. We can't wait to move to TV which will be during Sept. some time. We don't know our closing date up here - our closing date in Hadley is this Thursday --we're so excited!
It seems funny to me to hear that Cane Garden was your favorite. :dontknow: Both my wife and I hated the appetizer and the entrees we got at Cane Garden when we were there on the lifestyle preview plan last month. The only good part of the meal was the cheesecake which they purchase from an outside vendor. In fact, I said to my wife after we left, I'm not sure I would go there again even if the meal was free.

However, reading other people comments online, several people have commented on the great meals they have there. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things or were there on a bad night. :dontknow:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.