What to pack for clothes for Jan/Feb

Old 12-31-2023, 03:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

I end up needing 2 sets of socks, underwear, shirts per day when I exercise twice a day (there's lots to do!!), therefore 14 of each. But that's because I like to only do laundry once a week. For pickleball, I layer when it's cold: shorts and t-shirt under long sweat pants, and a light long sleeve zip-up jersey. If it's very cold early in the morning I also have a wind breaker on top, tuque and gloves. It usually always warms up enough to shed it all to the bottom layer, so have a bag ready to put all the layers into. Try not to forget them at the courts! If you do, you may find them at the lost and found of the rec centre closest to the courts.

If you go to the square at night, some people like to dress up, and many are casual. Your choice. The restaurants also can either be casual or dressy, as you choose. Most people stay casual I find. Enjoy your time here!
Old 12-31-2023, 03:14 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
Hi! Thank you for our reply. I'm coming from Mass., and I want to play pickleball and swim perhaps.
I'm from Connecticut, it was 29 degrees when I took my dog out this morning. When I get to my house in the Villages, I'll be running around in tank tops, shorts & sandals You'll need a beach towel or two, swimsuits, sandals, sneakers, socks, shorts, tops, a coverup of some sort for when it is cool when you go to the squares for the music, that's about it & if you dance, then that probably won't be needed either. On the other hand, you'll need the full regalia at Logan, so anything you use there will take care of the minor chill in The Villages.

Have a great time!
Old 12-31-2023, 05:24 PM
Veteran member

We are currently experiencing a strong EL Nino. This weather pattern brings colder than normal temperatures to the South. Bring light clothes suitable for Florida. But, make room for gloves, a hat, and a jacket. It could get COLD for awhile. But, as everyone stated, it warms quickly into 70 degree weather.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
great list!
consider increasing the quantities of cool weather clothing, for 40-60 degree weather.
Nah. God invented laundry machines for a reason. Embrace it. It's good religion.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

layers are a good thing.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have 12 pairs of khaki shorts, 2 pairs of sandals, 50 T-shirts, and 50 pairs of underwear (no bras). I can go a long time without doing laundry.
Beat you on T shirts but on the rest you win. Actually we are tied in the sandal dept but at times I have been known to own 3-4 pair
Old 12-31-2023, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Besides the usual shorts and t shirts, add a pair of sweat pants, a sweatshirt, and a warm pair of sox to wear inside your crocs for the unusual/occasional cool stretch. Other than that, your all good : )
Old 12-31-2023, 11:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
It is currently 63 degrees, tomorrow they say it will be 70. Chilly at night. The 10 day forecast is similar with the warmest day now being forecast at 75.
So, it all depends on where you are coming from & what you are used to. Also, what activities & when you plan on doing them.
It can get down to mid or upper 20s at night. Last year in January for down to 24 to 27 3 nights in row. With humidity in Florida it seems colder, even on 50 degree days.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
I'm from Connecticut, it was 29 degrees when I took my dog out this morning. When I get to my house in the Villages, I'll be running around in tank tops, shorts & sandals You'll need a beach towel or two, swimsuits, sandals, sneakers, socks, shorts, tops, a coverup of some sort for when it is cool when you go to the squares for the music, that's about it & if you dance, then that probably won't be needed either. On the other hand, you'll need the full regalia at Logan, so anything you use there will take care of the minor chill in The Villages.

Have a great time!
You won’t be running around for long with humidity on cool days.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
Hi Villagers: I'm renting in the Villages starting this week until the end of February. I know there can be cold weather. How about hot weather? Should I bring sweatshirts. I don't think I need New England sweaters but perhaps a coat and hat? Jeans? Shorts? Light dresses, short sleeves? Bathing suit would be good, I hope. I would be greatly appreciate any input.
All of the above. We get a variety of weather this time of year.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:58 AM

The pools are always heated ro 83, so I go to exercise classes even when temps are in the upper 60s. The water is fine, but the part of you that is sticking up in the air is freezing. I have nylon shirts I wear in the pool to break the air.
What do you wear to sleep in? I’ve given up on nightwear and prefer yoga wear or comfy knits.
Don’t overpack.Be sure and forget a few things., you”ll want to go shopping at Anthony’s -and BEALLS Outlet.
Glad you are coming for 2 months. It takes at least that long to try out 5-6 different areas in TV and see what suits your vibe. There is no place in the world that can compare
Old 01-01-2024, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Think layers. We can have spring, summer and fall all in the same day.
Yep, layers work well. We can have 20 to 30 degree swings in one day. The more years you live in FL the "thinner" your blood gets. I'll walk my dogs with gloves on in the AM and be in shorts by afternoon sometimes. Enjoy your stay!
Old 01-01-2024, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Winter here is brutal. Dress accordingly.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I end up needing 2 sets of socks, underwear, shirts per day when I exercise twice a day (there's lots to do!!), therefore 14 of each. But that's because I like to only do laundry once a week. For pickleball, I layer when it's cold: shorts and t-shirt under long sweat pants, and a light long sleeve zip-up jersey. If it's very cold early in the morning I also have a wind breaker on top, tuque and gloves. It usually always warms up enough to shed it all to the bottom layer, so have a bag ready to put all the layers into. Try not to forget them at the courts! If you do, you may find them at the lost and found of the rec centre closest to the courts.

If you go to the square at night, some people like to dress up, and many are casual. Your choice. The restaurants also can either be casual or dressy, as you choose. Most people stay
casual I find. Enjoy your time here!
Thanks so much. I was wondering about the pickleball clothes!
Old 01-01-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell57 View Post
The pools are always heated ro 83, so I go to exercise classes even when temps are in the upper 60s. The water is fine, but the part of you that is sticking up in the air is freezing. I have nylon shirts I wear in the pool to break the air.
What do you wear to sleep in? I’ve given up on nightwear and prefer yoga wear or comfy knits.
Don’t overpack.Be sure and forget a few things., you”ll want to go shopping at Anthony’s -and BEALLS Outlet.
Glad you are coming for 2 months. It takes at least that long to try out 5-6 different areas in TV and see what suits your vibe. There is no place in the world that can compare
Thanks for your input.! I already love it there but when we did our LSV in November in the South, my hubby didn't like it as much as I did. I did not like the Southern area either. Hopefully this trip will change his mind, though he isn't coming for the entire two months. He prefers the cold house watching Netflix. ugh, lol.

Tags
weather, coat, hat, sweaters, england

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.