What to be sure to do on the Lifestyle visit?

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2015, 06:40 PM

have dinner in one of the very noisy golf club restaurants
read the Sun paper for real estate ads for pre-owned homes that are not sold by The villages agency
get a sunburn in the april solar rays
get a street map to help you navigate (if you are map competent)
ask realtor about the bond debt every house has not included in the asking price
Old 03-15-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Honestly, I'd skip the golf cart. You're not going to be here long, it is easy to get lost in a cart here, the cart that come with the lifestyle visits are exceedingly slow. Use the cart in your neighborhood and maybe to go to a square if you're nearby. Otherwise, take your car.
Unfortunately, we won't have a car. We're flying down and taking the shuttle to/from the Orlando airport. We'll just have to make do!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Sage

Bring a camera that shoots video and make sure you both take turns using it. Instead of taking pictures narrate the scene.

Make business cards from vistaprint. Most of us have them. When you make a friend give them a card. You never know who is selling or thinking about selling their house.

Get the GPS App the vendor on TOTV sells. Get a map too. Where ever you are when you open it, Villagers will come to the rescue.

I wouldn't waste time on lines waiting for a table. Sit at the bar and meet people.

if i think of anything else i will add on to this post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Stop in several rec centers and see what is going on. Swim at the neighborhood centers and check out the art room at the regional centers and sometimes some of The Villages bands and orchestra's are practicing there in other rooms. Ditto ballet and jazz and tap classes.

People are always stopping by the art studio I go to. There are a LOT of talented residents here and a lot of great teachers too.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Honestly, I'd skip the golf cart. You're not going to be here long, it is easy to get lost in a cart here, the cart that come with the lifestyle visits are exceedingly slow. Use the cart in your neighborhood and maybe to go to a square if you're nearby. Otherwise, take your car.

Definitely take a trolley ride. At a minimum, visit Eisenhower Rec Center. Talk to lots of people -- at the squares, in restaurants, anywhere and everywhere. Most importantly, have fun. (As to the clubs, you may have to join -- normally, a $5.00 annual fee -- but you should be able to participate.)

Take the rec news home with you and visit the pools. I would buy a couple of map at the sales office. Do the activities that interest you most but don't try to fit everything in as the days will go fast and you'll get crazy which way to head in.

I found just talking to everyone you come into contact with, will give you a good feeling about what TV is all about.

Have fun!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Sage

Most importantly, when visiting the squares, partake in the happy hour and .........................
The Villages Florida
Old 03-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Gold member

1. Rent a car so you can go all around TV in less than a half hour from point A to point B. The place is gigantic and the slow golf carts provided will take too much of your limited time.

Use the cart to go to the nearby town square and a few places in the immediate vicinity, but do the rest by car. Navigating this huge place requires ALL your attention when driving, and your time is limited.

2. Definitely take the trolley tour, to get a sense of all the main areas and to learn some history of TV.

3. Spend time at Spanish Springs Town Square. It is beautiful and the neighborhoods there are really nice, a bit different from the newer ones built southward.

4. Look at homes with the TV sales rep assigned to you (they do not pressure at all).

5. Talk with everyone at the town squares. You can learn a lot from Villagers already here and living their lives to the fullest.

6. Stay longer than 5 days, maybe at the Waterfront Hotel. Five days go by in a flash here and you'll wish you had more time. TV can probably get you the residents' or preview discount at the Waterfront.

7. Bring your checkbook.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Gold member

Go to the pools and talk to villagers, get to know them and learn from their experience and knowledge
Old 03-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Stay away from the lime koolaid, drink cherry instead.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Sage

Yes, rent a car, a convertible, at the airport. Live a little. You won't get lost. The van for 2 without a tip is $180 round trip. Try to arrive in daylight if possible.

Where are you from exactly? In our phone book everyone is broken down to city and state of origin. I'll tell you how many are from your hometown. If I can figure out an easy way to PM you the names we will go from there.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
1. Rent a car so you can go all around TV in less than a half hour from point A to point B. The place is gigantic and the slow golf carts provided will take too much of your limited time.

I'll check into it.

3. Spend time at Spanish Springs Town Square. It is beautiful and the neighborhoods there are really nice, a bit different from the newer ones built southward.

Is this the nicest or best or most popular square?? I've been watching the webcams and during the evening entertainment it's hard to tell which square looks like the most fun. During the daytime, Spanish Springs looks the busiest.

6. Stay longer than 5 days, maybe at the Waterfront Hotel. Five days go by in a flash here and you'll wish you had more time. TV can probably get you the residents' or preview discount at the Waterfront.

Unfortunately, we can't stay longer - I still work!

7. Bring your checkbook.

Why?? Are there hidden fees or expenses that I wasn't told? Are restaurants and stores expensive? If you're meaning that I might buy a home ---> that isn't possible. First, I have to work for 4 more years and would have to sell my farm before I could buy another house.
Thanks for all the great ideas!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:36 AM
Veteran member

If you like bluegrass music and are here on a Wednesday you might want to drop in on The Bluegrass Performance Club at the Seabreeze Rec Center. They play from 1:00-3:00 and are really talented performers. It's open to anyone and it's free.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 03-20-2015, 05:33 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Think!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:29 AM
Sage

click here

These are the activities for the month. It's arranged by rec center going from north to south.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Golf Cart everywhere that is feasible. Rather than run around to see everything, pick a few relaxing activities. Eating outside at the country clubs is one of my favorite things to do. We go to Publix in the cart and pick up egg salad and croissants, and then have a picnic at one of the pools or rec centers.
I could not agree more! Eating on the CC patios is awesome - I would highly recommend Evan's Prairie CC. Also, have dinner at Nancy Lopez or Arnold Palmer, very nice.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.