Where is "Nuts and Bolts"?????

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Default Where is "Nuts and Bolts"?????

I am a new member of TOTV and not yet a TV resident, but thinking about it! I am actually scheduled for a lifestyle preview shortly. I have been avidly reading everything in TOTV with great interest and have come across numerous mentions of a section on TOTV called "Nuts and Bolts". I have tried to find this section to no avail. Can one of you kind folks point me in the right direction (I hope I haven't been overlooking something right in front of my eyes, ..... embarrassing!!!!!!).
Old 03-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilver View Post
I am a new member of TOTV and not yet a TV resident, but thinking about it! I am actually scheduled for a lifestyle preview shortly. I have been avidly reading everything in TOTV with great interest and have come across numerous mentions of a section on TOTV called "Nuts and Bolts". I have tried to find this section to no avail. Can one of you kind folks point me in the right direction (I hope I haven't been overlooking something right in front of my eyes, ..... embarrassing!!!!!!).
Its been right here all the time
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...play.php?f=139
Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,669 Times in 597 Posts

on the list of the TOTV forums, in the middle of the page there's a drop-down box with many forums, some of which aren't listed in the main list (like Nus and Bolts),

use that drop down and you can always find it
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Eternal Member

Go to the bottom of this page past Quick Replies where it says Posting Rules. Look to the right at the line outside the box that says Forum Jump. Click on the down arrow and the Nuts and Bolts section is near the end.

Also, on any page on the left is Site Navigation. Click on Home and go to the bottom for Nuts and Bolts.

Hope this helps.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 PM

Thanks to all you kind folks. Hope to be among you some day in the near future.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Red face a grumpy old man

We visited TV at the beginning of March in hopes of finding that this would be a good place for us. It was cold, rainy, and we were a bit lost. We somehow found our way to Sumpter Landing and were looking for the sales office. In going around the square, we found the office and pulled into a parking space. When I got out, this person in his car rolled down the window and started yelling at me for cutting him off, I was a terrible driver, shouldn't be allowed to drive. He then started telling my husband about what a terrible person I was. I told him I was sorry and didn't realize what I had done. He then dropped the F bomb on my husband. This person obviously has some anger management issues. However, our first impression of the Villages was this nutcake and wondered what we might be getting into. However, after that, we were very pleased with how friendly everyone was and hope to move here as soon as we can sell our home up North. Please tell me that he was one of a kind and you don't have heards of these grumpy old people.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Obviously you ran across the only grumpy old man ever seen in these parts!

I've heard rumors about him. Kinda like The Abominable Snowman or whatever.

Someone probably spilled a beer on him at Market Square.

SWR

P.S.: Don't let the sourpuss distract you. We're friendly folk!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,669 Times in 597 Posts

oh, I guess there are a few nutjobs just like anywhere, but I've very rarely seen people out of sorts like that. Sorry it happened.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM

I know that guy he is a salesman from up at Stonecrest.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
We visited TV at the beginning of March in hopes of finding that this would be a good place for us. It was cold, rainy, and we were a bit lost. We somehow found our way to Sumpter Landing and were looking for the sales office. In going around the square, we found the office and pulled into a parking space. When I got out, this person in his car rolled down the window and started yelling at me for cutting him off, I was a terrible driver, shouldn't be allowed to drive. He then started telling my husband about what a terrible person I was. I told him I was sorry and didn't realize what I had done. He then dropped the F bomb on my husband. This person obviously has some anger management issues. However, our first impression of the Villages was this nutcake and wondered what we might be getting into. However, after that, we were very pleased with how friendly everyone was and hope to move here as soon as we can sell our home up North. Please tell me that he was one of a kind and you don't have heards of these grumpy old people.
We try to keep him locked up....but on occasion he slips out the door!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.