Why I didn't choose the Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2014, 08:57 AM

Her loss is our gain. I agree with the last poster. Just bait.

Rollie
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
The original post is nothing more then bait. Its what a friend of mine used to say: The person just passed gas and left the room.
aka / crop duster

Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 AM
Sage
Default I thought it was going to be an interesting thread

I opened up thread hoping to see someone's view point on why they did not select TV. I can envision many factors a new buyer needs to measure and can understand folks going a different way. Did not take long to figure out that was not going to happen. oh well... off for my walk to the light house... no, not that lighthouse, this lighthouse (please forgive lousy phone camera)...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20140625_113602.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	43715  
Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
OK, let me just say that I am a Liberal Democrat. I proudly wear the title of Liberal Democrat. I live in, and greatly enjoy The Villages. Not once have I felt "less than welcome." I don't choose a place to live based on the political, moral, intellectual, or any other thoughts of my neighbors. I may not always agree with all of my friends in The Villages, but I still enjoy them and they enjoy me. My neighbors don't judge me, and I don't judge them. Frankly, we don't discuss it much at all.

I've been to Sarasota (and Gainesville for that matter), and it's great. But do you really think that only "Progressives" live in Sarasota? I find plenty of tolerance here.

Why I did choose The Villages? The lifestyle amenities, the weather, and this great house I live in.

Just saying.............................
Ditto.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
There is intolerance in this country, and your statement also applies for those who only agree with the "conservative" (right wing) viewpoint. Fortunately however, I have not found that to be an impediment to enjoying my life in The Villages. Diversity should be celebrated.
Maybe you a Patfla06 could have a Beer Summit

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 07-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I find it interesting that someone who says they are Progressive (Liberal) have
no tolerance for other viewpoints. Sad.
Precisely.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Being a diehard liberal and independent, I laughed when I read the OP's post. I do agree that I miss having kids in my neighborhood but otherwise, I'll take TV over the coast any day of the week. We get rain and occasional high winds from hurricanes that tear down buildings on the coast. We don't have to clean sand out of our homes on an hourly basis (yep, have lived on the beach in California and vowed never again). We may have higher amenity fees but we get ten times the activities and a much cleaner and prettier environment for that money. You enjoy the coast; we liberals, independents and progressives will enjoy discoursing politics with our rightest friends in our lovely little bubble.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The Villages Daily Sun also seems to be getting a little bit more "fair and balanced".

I would say I am a moderate Democrat but because of some of my very unique experiences with governments-- both state and federal-- in my survivors/victims of crimes access to practical information project-- I have to do a great deal of research before really making any kind of important decision at least about matters of the pocket book and head not so much about the heart. I seldom just go with what my party is feeding me is the truth.

There are a lot of careful progressives here on TOTV who live in the Villages.

Well said!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool You have it

I always think of what my brother said who lives in California. His comment after visiting The Villages a few times: "The Villages are just too good". That is being truthful ! It is as good as it gets ! Think of it.. It is hard to find something that is not available, the prices are reasonable, you want a club, we have it, you want to swim, we have it, you want to exercise, we have the rooms, you want to eat out we have it, you want to listen to music each night, we have it, you want markets, we have them, you want stores to shop at, we have them, you want good neighbors, we have them, you want to take tours, they are available, you want to go to the airport, we will take you, you want to avoid paying big dollars for gas, we have golf carts. you want a hospital, we have it, you want emergency care we have it, you want doctors for all different ailments, we have them. you want Polo, we have it, you want your own newspaper, we have it, you want a radio station, we have it, you want our own TV, we have it, you want your own Night Club that is open in the day and serves food, we have it, you want great landscape, we have it. You want to dance at night, we have it at the town squares I could to on but would like to see others tell me what I missed. You want schools for kids, we have them, you want some College Courses, we have them, you want some of the best schools in the US, we have them. You want to learn
new things, we have it, you want to do wood working, we have it. My brother was right.."It is just too good"
Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 AM

We've all made our decisions. The Villages is a beautiful place. I don't debate that. If you are happy there, good for you.

Here is my experience while I was deciding:
While I was riding back to Orlando on a lifestyle trial I had to endure an hour long negative tirade about Obama from another passenger. I was as tactful as possible. Rupert Murdock's FOX radio plays on the streets in Sumter Landing. There are articles about how Romney window signs were tolerated and how Obama window signs were ordered down.

Yes, I made the right decision. If you doubt that what I said has merit, just read Cisco Kid's reply. The best evidence that I am right is if this thread is taken down.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Being a diehard liberal and independent, I laughed when I read the OP's post. I do agree that I miss having kids in my neighborhood but otherwise, I'll take TV over the coast any day of the week. We get rain and occasional high winds from hurricanes that tear down buildings on the coast. We don't have to clean sand out of our homes on an hourly basis (yep, have lived on the beach in California and vowed never again). We may have higher amenity fees but we get ten times the activities and a much cleaner and prettier environment for that money. You enjoy the coast; we liberals, independents and progressives will enjoy discoursing politics with our rightest friends in our lovely little bubble.

Another well written post!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyafd View Post
We've all made our decisions. The Villages is a beautiful place. I don't debate that. If you are happy there, good for you.

Here is my experience while I was deciding:
While I was riding back to Orlando on a lifestyle trial I had to endure an hour long negative tirade about Obama from another passenger. I was as tactful as possible. Rupert Murdock's FOX radio plays on the streets in Sumter Landing. There are articles about how Romney window signs were tolerated and how Obama window signs were ordered down.

Yes, I made the right decision. If you doubt that what I said has merit, just read Cisco Kid's reply. The best evidence that I am right is if this thread is taken down.
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Do you me this one.
And I meant it
P.S. I do not live in The Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38
OK, let me just say that I am a Liberal Democrat. I proudly wear the title of Liberal Democrat. I live in, and greatly enjoy The Villages. Not once have I felt "less than welcome." I don't choose a place to live based on the political, moral, intellectual, or any other thoughts of my neighbors. I may not always agree with all of my friends in The Villages, but I still enjoy them and they enjoy me. My neighbors don't judge me, and I don't judge them. Frankly, we don't discuss it much at all.

I've been to Sarasota (and Gainesville for that matter), and it's great. But do you really think that only "Progressives" live in Sarasota? I find plenty of tolerance here.

Why I did choose The Villages? The lifestyle amenities, the weather, and this great house I live in.

Just saying.............................

God bless you
And I know you and all others will always be loved welcomed in TV.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

If someone doesn't want to live here, he's free to live elsewhere. However, to make a blanket accusation about the people who do live here, especially without facts, is intolerable. Intolerance from a progressive?

I wish the people who don't want to live here would go away and leave us alone.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:31 AM

You've all made some very good points. Even the threats were informative.

I wish the best of luck to all you.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
If someone doesn't want to live here, he's free to live elsewhere. However, to make a blanket accusation about the people who do live here, especially without facts, is intolerable. Intolerance from a progressive?

I wish the people who don't want to live here would go away and leave us alone.
you have all been judge.

REPENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.