Will TV follow the trend?

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Default Will TV follow the trend?

I am looking at the price of existing homes in 55+ communities within 30 minutes of TV and am amazed at how low the prices are going.

TV seems to be holding its own in this market but is it just a matter of time until the supply outweighs the demand and existing TV prices follow the downward trend?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When comparing these prices you really are comparing apples to oranges. The Villages has THE lifestyle that is incomparable.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I don't think TV is selling a the clip they were, but still above the average. I went to the "new resident" social at Miona Rec., where you receive some orientation to all TV has to offer and some coupons and refreshments, and there were over 80 people there. Now, these are held twice a month, every month, and they're down by half according to one of the moderators there. He said they're selling about 200 homes a month, but were selling almost 400 at their peak.
I guess you can wait; but wait for what? You can't get time back, and why deny yourself a TV life if that's what you want right now. Sometimes you just have to make a "leap of faith" and allow yourself to live the "good life"
Old 08-14-2009, 01:49 PM

Can you tell me who puts on the orientations at Miona? We bought our house in Amelia in March, but haven't been able to spend much time down there during this summer. We will be at TV in September, and again for two weeks in November. We'd love to attend one of the orientations when we are down there, but I'm not sure where to look/who to ask to find out when they are held and if we need to register in advance.

As far as other communities in TV being cheaper, truly there is no other place like TV, IMHO. As Gracie said, apples and oranges.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 PM

Tracy:

we were in the same situation as you last year and we simply called our Sales Person and she arranged for us to be put on the invitation list for the first orientation when we returned. I would start there. They are more than accommodating.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 PM

That's a good suggestion, thanks!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

There are several "orientations" for newcomers and you could not go wrong to attend them all. The sales department sponsors the one you are referring to above and yes, see your sales rep to get on that list for an invitation. The VHA (Village Homeowners Association) has a monthly Newcomers Social at the Canal Street Rec Center at 7 PM on (I think) the second Tuesday of each month. Many civic organizations are represented and give short orientation talks (Courts, local police, hospital, SHINE, Seniors Vs Crime, Veterans, Water Management District, Voter Registration, Lifelong Learning Center, so on). No invitation required - just show up. The District Government also gives an orientation on how our Community Development Districts (CDD) form of government works. That is monthly also but don';t know dates or locations. You can call the District Government offices to find out - no invitation necessary, just show up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.