Wireless TV w/comcast

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Default Wireless TV w/comcast

I want to put a TV in a room that doesn't have a cable connection. Does anyone have wireless TV with Comcast? If so, how does it work?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Sage

Don't believe wireless TV with Comcast is available in this area. Have you contacted them to find out if it's offered?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

It may be called "X1" ...or the box needed may be called X1. They offered it to me at a "reduced" install price of $99..regularly $199 when I was threatening to leave them due to total incompetence in customer service.

They say all content you record is stored on the cloud rather than locally on your DVR. You can record 6 shows at one time, and access them from any cable box in the house without needing a cable outlet at them all.

HOWEVER, I declined, as Comcast already costs too much, and I didn't even hear how much it would increase the monthly bill.

Based on their level of competence, it may be that it was offered to me in error and may not even available here...

You may want to call them as another poster mentioned...or google Comcast X1 or Xfinity X1.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Gold member

We have Centurylink and recently had some issues with pixilation and picture freezing, The technician who came to our home removed all but the main box which includes the router for our wireless computer network because he said the wiring for 2 sets were showing multiple errors on his test equipment. He then installed a small transmitter unit connected to main box and then installed 2 wireless boxes for our 2nd and 3rd TV. He said we could unplug these TVs and boxes and move them to any room in the house or out to our bird cage if we wanted to watch TV outside. Don't know if this is what Comcast is offering. We can still record and watch shows on all sets and pause one and start on another set. None of this resulted in any increase in our monthly service charges and Centurylink arranged, after I called them as the technician suggested, to give us a credit on our next bill for the period time we were not able to watch TV without the picture problem.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:07 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Why not have coax dropped where you need it?

Comcast does not offer wireless boxes, you need a coax line at every TV.

X1 is Fantastic but it and the secondary boxes require a coax connection.

Century Link offers wireless High Definition boxes is you decide to go that route. Note that every TV stream will take available bandwidth away from Internet transport...

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 03-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in TV View Post
It may be called "X1" ...or the box needed may be called X1. They offered it to me at a "reduced" install price of $99..regularly $199 when I was threatening to leave them due to total incompetence in customer service.

They say all content you record is stored on the cloud rather than locally on your DVR. You can record 6 shows at one time, and access them from any cable box in the house without needing a cable outlet at them all.

HOWEVER, I declined, as Comcast already costs too much, and I didn't even hear how much it would increase the monthly bill.

Based on their level of competence, it may be that it was offered to me in error and may not even available here...

You may want to call them as another poster mentioned...or google Comcast X1 or Xfinity X1.
I just got off the phone with comcast. I have 4 tv's and a new box is needed for each tv. It would have increased my monthly bill by approx.$39 on top of the installation fee. I passed.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 PM

Maybe what you want is "Actiontec MyWirelessTV," which sells on Amazon for under $200, including shipping.

There's a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter plugs into your Comcast box (the HDMI port, not the coax), and feeds the first TV set while it also broadcasts a wireless signal. The receiver receives the wireless signal and feeds the second TV.

Reviews on Amazon are generally good, indicating no-brainer setup. No adjustments to make, the transmitter and receiver align themselves, and there you are.

BUT a couple of people say they have problems with Comcast, while others don't. So I guess you'd have to look through the reviews before you make a judgment. Don't forget that your browser (you're looking at it now) has a "Find" function, you can quickly search each page of reviews for "Comcast."

You can also see some units working on YouTube. I probably should add that I've never used the thing. I was searching Google for something else and ran across your post, so I thought I'd pass on the information. I hope this might be of some use.

ADDENDUM:

I got interested so I poked around a bit. Search Google for:

wireless hdmi tv

Some more choices will come up--along with a lot more information than I think anybody could possibly want.

Last edited by bentsnake; 03-21-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: clarity
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.