Xfinity Cell Service: Good Coverage in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2023, 01:13 PM
Default Xfinity Cell Service: Good Coverage in TV?

My sister lives in TV and has terrible cell service- static, etc. I don't recall her provider but it's either AT&T or Verizon.

I heard that Xfinity offers a good price for cell if you have their internet. Is their cell service good? We'll move here in a month.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

I have had Xfinity Mobile for several years and the coverage is excellent. It uses the Verizon cell network which is the best network. My bill is only $13.60 per month for unlimited calls and texts. I use less than 1gb of mobile data because I mostly rely on wifi connections, which are available almost everywhere in The Villages.
Old 06-06-2023, 04:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I have Xfinity and have never had a problem. They use Verizon towers. I switched from T-Mobile because I couldn't even get service while standing in the T-Mobile store at SS.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:37 AM

Had Xfinity for several years. Cell service is great. But data is virtually none existent in some areas/locations. Found texts didn’t work, apps didn’t connect, etc. But no problem with calls. Switched over to Consumer Cellular a few months ago and now have calling and data everywhere including my previously dead areas.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
My sister lives in TV and has terrible cell service- static, etc. I don't recall her provider but it's either AT&T or Verizon.

I heard that Xfinity offers a good price for cell if you have their internet. Is their cell service good? We'll move here in a month.

Thanks
I've had most every Cellular carrier at one time or another and up until a year ago, carried (2) phones, one on Verizon, one on AT&T.

Since I switched to Xfinity last year, I gave up the extra phone. Xfinity has the best service coverage in the USA, by a wide margin. Most every Xfinity equipped home, is also broadcasting an Xfinity HotSpot, Xfinity Mobile uses have access to.

Curiously enough, Xfinity customers also rank Xfinity Mobile Customer Service, significantly higher than they rank Xfinity TV/Internet CS.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:17 AM

Yes it is. We use Xfinity and so far so good.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Had Xfinity for several years. Cell service is great. But data is virtually none existent in some areas/locations. Found texts didn’t work, apps didn’t connect, etc. But no problem with calls. Switched over to Consumer Cellular a few months ago and now have calling and data everywhere including my previously dead areas.
If you switched to Consumer Cellular, I think you had to get another phone. I wonder if the Xfinity issues you had were related to the phone or SIM card, and not the cell service. I had similar issues with Xfinity Mobile and had to replace the SIM card. Also, I believe that calling and texting use the same cell tower connections.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:41 AM

We have had Xfinity cell service for about 1.5 years. Two phones, 3 gb shared data, $33 per month if we don't go over 3 gb, which we rarely do. Xfinity hot spots are widely available. We have Xfinity internet at home. I can't remember a time where I did not have service. When we signed up they gave us two free iPhone 6's.

We had Consumer Cellular before that for about two years. Pricing not bad, but better with the Xfinity bundle. Plenty of times I had no service.

I'll look into other internet/phone service when my contract is up towards the end of the year but for now, thinking I will be sticking with Xfinity.
Old 06-07-2023, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

XFINITY Mobile is the best service we have ever had. Never one single problem ever. Unlike Verizon the bill magically stays the same month after month, year after year. I can’t tell you how thrilled we are to have XFINITY for cellular service and XFINITY Internet Service also in our home. They certainly have cleaned up their act in the last 5 years. If we ever have a question our phone call is answered by a person who has a full grasp on the same language I speak, that in itself is priceless. A total winner all the way around. Good Luck!
Old 06-07-2023, 07:17 AM

We have the whole Xfinity Triple Play+. Total every month TV, Internet, Home phone and Xfinity Mobile service for a grand total with all fees and taxes is $233.00. Had the mobile service for 3 years now and it is perfect for our needs.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post

Thanks
We have Spectrum for cell service which uses Verizon and our cell service is good. No problems.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I've had most every Cellular carrier at one time or another and up until a year ago, carried (2) phones, one on Verizon, one on AT&T.

Since I switched to Xfinity last year, I gave up the extra phone. Xfinity has the best service coverage in the USA, by a wide margin. Most every Xfinity equipped home, is also broadcasting an Xfinity HotSpot, Xfinity Mobile uses have access to.

Curiously enough, Xfinity customers also rank Xfinity Mobile Customer Service, significantly higher than they rank Xfinity TV/Internet CS.
Find it funny that they have the best coverage of any carrier by far and use Verizon’s network.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

Consumer Cellular is the way to go. 2 brick and mortar stores here, one in Lake Sumter and the other in Brownwood. NO contracts. Consumer Cellular has the best coverage in the country and the clearest of them all.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Consumer Cellular is the way to go. 2 brick and mortar stores here, one in Lake Sumter and the other in Brownwood. NO contracts. Consumer Cellular has the best coverage in the country and the clearest of them all.
Every independent professional review of the 4 nationwide cellular networks I have read in the past 20 years has ranked Verizon as the best network for coverage. I have often wondered why the other networks have not been able to catch up with Verizon. Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network, which is why I have their service.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:39 AM
Default Xfinity cell service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
XFINITY Mobile is the best service we have ever had. Never one single problem ever. Unlike Verizon the bill magically stays the same month after month, year after year. I can’t tell you how thrilled we are to have XFINITY for cellular service and XFINITY Internet Service also in our home. They certainly have cleaned up their act in the last 5 years. If we ever have a question our phone call is answered by a person who has a full grasp on the same language I speak, that in itself is priceless. A total winner all the way around. Good Luck!
We switched to Xfinity cell service last year. They use Verizon's network which we had prior to switching to Xfinity. We are saving $45/mo and service is absolutely the same (speed, quality and reliability).
Closed Thread

Tags
cell, good, xfinity, service, offers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.