Year round living at TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Default Year round living at TV

When we did the lifestyle visit we asked what percentage of people live at TV all year. Answer was 75% - 80%. With all the houses for rent we are finding this hard to believe. Does anyone have a better idea. Not sure we want to be sweating alone during July and August. Thanks for the response.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

I don't think it's that high either. Probably closer to 60% (IMHO).

BUT, being a year-round ressie, I can say you will SWEAT, but again, there are a few pools to cool off in as well as covered patio's at restaurants and lots of water on the golf courses and ALWAYS a breeze.

You probably won't take long bike rides or play tennis or pickleball at mid-day but then again many people think it's not smart to golf at mid-day but I love it.

And then there's going to the Square's in the early evening when the temps are still in the 80's
IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm with aln -- 60% sounds a bit more accurate. However, you won't be alone by any stretch. Whether you play indoor games or do outdoor stuff, there's always others to join along. While it is hot and humid, summers at still a lot of fun here -- less being hurried, less traffic, no lines. Another plus is that prices for many things go down. TV is good all year round with pluses and minuses for each season. It's hard to go wrong.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

I'd guess 60% just based on what I see.

I think each day is gorgeous, midday in the cool season (Nov-April)
and morn/evening in the warm season (May-Oct)
Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Eternal Member

I would put the older villages on the north side at 75-80% More and more of the snowbirds are finally retiring and moving down here full time.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,533 Times in 1,920 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Zcaveman. You are right once again. The newer villages seem to have fewer full time residents. We are here for our first season, and keep moving back when we will go North, notice I didn't say HOME. In the summer it seems that the pace is a little slower and you can do what you wanted without waiting or having to arrive early.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.