Your opinion is appreciated ! !

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Default Your opinion is appreciated ! !

We have visted TV and were very impressed with the Sumter Landing area. Would anyone like to post comments either pro or against their village? For residents already enjoying the lifestyle, your coments would be beneficial to newcomers. Thanks so much to all that respond!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Your opinion is appreciated ! !

Marlene, you are asking for way, way too much. Strongly suggest you to the forum General Villages Discussion https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...board,1.0.html
and just go through the subjects. That will take you back about 1 1/2 years worth of posts where residents and visitors hash over almost all aspects of The Villages (TV in shorthand used here). There will be some Pollyanna-ish portraits painted and some really ugly warts revealed, but it will be honest --- for the most part. A lot of people love to harp about every perceived fault, but wouldn't leave here for millions. Others have drank the kool-aid in really big gulps. But do yourself a favor. Go back and look over the posts. Don't read all the threads --- most are boring as hell anyway. If a subject catches your eye, read it. Should be interesting.

Oh, and I drank the kool-aid. I absolutely love the place.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

I am just going to say that I absolutely love living in TV and would highly recommend it to anyone. I sometimes get annoyed at some price going up and feel it unjustified but I admit, I don't know all the facts. No matter where one lives, it will not be perfect but this is pretty close to it. I am so blessed that I found this place. I live on the Spanish Springs side north of 466 and am very happy. My neighborhood is so friendly.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

We also live north of 466 about half way between SS and LSL. We aren't there long enough at any one time to be annoyed about anything (... well except maybe workers that get paid and don't show up.) We spend our time thinking up reasons why we need to go back to check up on whatever.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 05-17-2008, 03:38 PM

Thank you for your responses! I have spent much time on TOTV reading comments and the one thing that caught my interest was, it's not uncommon for people to purchase a home and then in a couple of years, sell and buy again not getting exactly what they wanted on the first purchase. That's what we're trying to avoid. We may end up renting for a period of time so we can become accustomed to the area, but that means two moves and we're wanting to avoid that if at all possible. We'll be looking for a concrete/stucco designer home and whether it's a resale, or new construction, just looking for feedback from current residents on the pros and cons of different villages. So back to the forums I go.... ;D ;D Thanks again folks!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:44 PM

We've been here almost 4 years and we do live south of 466 (in Winifred). We couldn't imagine living in any other village with any other neighbors. With that said, I think you'll find that almost everyone you talk to will feel the same way about their village and neighbors, regardless of which village they live in. I have many friends that live in many different villages, ranging from Calumet to Duval, and they all love where they are.

I know that I've never lived anywhere before where so many people were so happy being where they are.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.