Your opinions on the age thing please....

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Default Your opinions on the age thing please....

We bought last Dec and are Ptimers for now. My hubby is 10 yeasr older than me ( he 57, me 47)..Hubby woudl move to TV right now and sell our hom ehere in Va quick..(he can live anywhere w.his job) I on the other hand do not know if I would like living in TV full time...I lOVE going to our house in Ameila and really cherish the time there but wonder a few things so maybe you veterans can enlighten me..
Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Default Re: Your opinions on the age thing please....OOps hit enter too soon,sorry

Sorry, I hit the enter button by mistake..questions. 1. Is it still wonderful when you live there Full time? 2. How will I be accepted being younger?( in other words, not 55 yet...) 3. Did you have a hard time leaving family and frineds? 4. Last, The summers here in VA are sticky and humid which makes teh fall/winter a little welcome..Does the constant 90 degree heat get old ??? Thanks friends in advance for your honesty..( Hubby keeps saying, we'll love it, its great,etc etcetc...)
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Default Re: Your opinions on the age thing please....

The weather is not 90 and sticky all year. It does get cold in the winter. So you do get a break from the heat. We don't live in TV but hope to soon! Age should not be a factor though. When we visited there we saw lots of younger people. I also wondered about it getting kind of old (no punt intended) living there all the time. I'm sure it won't for my husband though because he golfs. It will be a year-around playground for him! Good luck!
Paterson NJ, South Philly PA, Harriman NY, Point Pleasant Boro NJ,  Bindlach Germany,Point Pleasant Beach NJ, Seaside Park NJ, St. Petersburg FL, Murfreesboro TN                          Fuh-get about it!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Platinum member

We were 48 and 52 when we moved here almost 4 years ago. I have noticed many boomers moving in recently. Family and friends visit often and I head north to RI once a year for a visit. I personally have no regrets! I love it here!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Sage

wlou,

a few opinions...

1. Been here full time for a little over a year and a half and still cherish the beginning of every new day and thank my lucky stars to be in such a beautiful, fun, energizing place. It sure hasn't gotten old to me yet.

2. Age thing.... age is a state of mind here, not calendar. I know residents in their early and mid forties who enjoy the lifestyle just like those in their 70s and 80s. I was 51 when I moved here...like you, I was a little concerned about age issue, but quickly found that it was a non-issue...both from an acceptance and a compatibilty standpoint.

3. Leaving family and friends.... that's a personal perception; not a problem for me; easy to make new friends and family and old friends come visit. There was a whole prior thread about leaving grandkids and family.

4. Weather...yes it is warm and humid ...from about June thru Sept; but, to me, it's more comfortable than DC area (not sure if you are in NoVa or elsewhere in VA); air dries out during the day, breeze is reliable, air quality is always code green, and cooling showers many days; There are pools for relief and A/C; Evenings are gorgeous. The other 8 months of the year are splendid. Yes, some winter days can be cool with highs on in the low 50s, but, you are never too many days away from 60s and 70s.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Thanks guys! ;D You sure helped clear a lot of things up for me...The age being a biggie but I see now, it probably won't be! Thanks to you all for replying and especially the PM sent to me by the nice gentleman advising how to modify your post, you were correct, I did not know how!
Thanks again!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Re: Your opinions on the age thing please....OOps hit enter too soon,sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlou
Sorry, I hit the enter button by mistake..questions. 1. Is it still wonderful when you live there Full time? 2. How will I be accepted being younger?( in other words, not 55 yet...) 3. Did you have a hard time leaving family and frineds? 4. Last, The summers here in VA are sticky and humid which makes teh fall/winter a little welcome..Does the constant 90 degree heat get old ??? Thanks friends in advance for your honesty..( Hubby keeps saying, we'll love it, its great,etc etcetc...)
My wife is 48 and we have been here for over 5 years now. She has not had any trouble being accepted since she is young also. She loves it and would not be anywhere else. We moved here from Alaska via Orlando for 8 years. We think you would love it year round. Have a great beautiful day.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.