$2500 for sneakers??? Are you kidding me?

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

My point on the golf cart vs shoes issue was merely that things that are important to one group may seem silly to another. So while some younger people will stand in line overnight for the latest version of some video game, or shoes, others may stand in line outside a new Sweet Bay at 3 AM to get a free pineapple 4 hours later or make a plain old golf cart look like a fire truck or Ferrari.

As correctly pointed out by Graytop, I am frequently amazed by the profound posts on this site.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
My point on the golf cart vs shoes issue was merely that things that are important to one group may seem silly to another. So while some younger people will stand in line overnight for the latest version of some video game, or shoes, others may stand in line outside a new Sweet Bay at 3 AM to get a free pineapple 4 hours later or make a plain old golf cart look like a fire truck or Ferrari.

As correctly pointed out by Graytop, I am frequently amazed by the profound posts on this site.
Me too.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Just trying to keep things light,...your observation is true,..people spend money on what is important to them...
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Sage
Default Decision

$2500 sneakers or used golf cart, $2500 sneakers or used golf cart.
Hmm............................................... ...........

My decision is, drum roll please.

"Used Golf Cart".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
$2500 sneakers or used golf cart, $2500 sneakers or used golf cart.
Hmm............................................... ...........

My decision is, drum roll please.

"Used Golf Cart".
Ah yes,...Ye old 48 volt Club Cart DS is hard to beat
Old 02-24-2012, 02:55 PM

That's right. He said he could buy them for $250 and sell them next week for $20,000.
Graciegirl, you are so right! And don't you hate it when people change the subject instead of sticking with the topic. Wonder why some love to do that?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default From the media, it looks like the shoes start at $220

Foot Locker halts events after riot over Nike sneaker

The article does say "One seller on eBay advertised a 'buy it now' price for the shoe of $2,499.99".

The crowd looks like it was made up of zealot basketball fans. Fans do get really crazy at times especially when crowds are invovled. Just look at all the soccer riots in various parts of the world and the casualties they have caused. Rabid soccer fans come from all races, classes, and sexes.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
How about $15-$20,000 for a customized "golf cart"?

I guess that makes sense?
NO that doesn't make sense, except that if you can afford it , than its nobodies business how you spent YOUR money. Most of the people on that line were probably on unemployment benefits or public assistance
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:

I am sorry. I jumped to the wrong conclusions from your post. I was wrong. And your sarcasm is not lost on me.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is my argument for that golf cart...which by the way we don't have. We have a nice used one that cost far less.

But...if a person has worked hard all of their lives and saved and sacrificed and didn't take money from others and that is what they want...then good for them.

I think that is how many of the villagers I see driving a fancy golf cart payed for it. It is the same thing for jewelry, that I don't have...and the same for bigger houses. Most of those folks went without something, and lived well inside their incomes and worked far more than eight hours a day to be able to have some nice stuff now.

There is no shame to have money if you earned it.

One of the ways people would have money for that golf cart is that they didn't fling out all that money for their kids sneakers.
I agree 100%. If it is YOUR money you can do what you want with it, even betting on a horse. I'm sure most of those shoes are put on charge cards way overloaded and to some no intention of ever paying for.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What is sad about this topic is that the sneakers and/or ladies' six inch designer heels are status symbols for people with low self esteem. Why on earth would a woman hobble along, their feet twisted in an unnatural position if they didn't believe that they were making a statement about their person.
The same is true for nike sneakers. We are all the willing victims of Madison Avenue. Go figure....
Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
What is sad about this topic is that the sneakers and/or ladies' six inch designer heels are status symbols for people with low self esteem. Why on earth would a woman hobble along, their feet twisted in an unnatural position if they didn't believe that they were making a statement about their person.
The same is true for nike sneakers. We are all the willing victims of Madison Avenue. Go figure....

This is such a judge mental statement that I'm almost speechless. Who are you to decide people wearing high heels and tennis shoes have low self esteem? Perhaps you should get to know some of the people your so quick to judge. You might discover us high heeled, sneakers wearing folks do in fact have lots of self esteem.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Sage

Duffysmom is a nice person.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Sage

How about this?
Nike Foamposite Galaxy SIZES 8-12 JORDAN GLOW ALL STAR KD AIR YEEZY MAG KOBE | eBay
Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
This is such a judge mental statement that I'm almost speechless. Who are you to decide people wearing high heels and tennis shoes have low self esteem? Perhaps you should get to know some of the people your so quick to judge. You might discover us high heeled, sneakers wearing folks do in fact have lots of self esteem.
I'm sure you have lots of self esteem, BUT would you stand in line for hours, fighting off crowds...people who might not really want the shoes for themselves, but merely for ....well, check out Mike's post on final bidding on a pair of these sneakers. Riot police over shoes? I must admit, they are pretty cool, but even at $220, they're pretty expensive. I'd be concerned about others trying to "procure" the shoes, right off of my feet!!!...

Duffy's Mom is a dear woman and I totally understand what she's saying.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.