Future dim for incandescent light bulbs

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Default Future dim for incandescent light bulbs

AS A REVEALING SUPPLEMENT TO TODAY'S ARTICLE IN THE (LOCAL) DAILY SUN, PLEASE CLICK ON AND VIEW U-TUBE ADDRESS OF REP TED POE FROM TEXAS ON REASONS WHY WE NEED TO CONTINUE USE AND MANUFACTURE OF INCANDESCENT LIGHT BULBS.
WROTE REP NUGENT ABOUT THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO AND HE RESPONDED THAT HE NEEDS SUPPORT FROM CONSTIUENTS FOR HIS BILL.

LOG ONTO - http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/75548.html

LIKE THE GATES THAT WE ARE CHANGING HERE IN THE VILLAGES, THIS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE WASHINGTON BUREAUCRACY IS SHOVING DONE OUR THROATS.
INHOLMDEL
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Politics aside... I got a chuckle out of the video.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Default here we go

I wonder if cfl lights have caused any fires maybe someone could invent nuclear power light bulbs to replace them. ha ha ha imho my sick humor
Old 03-21-2011, 10:58 AM

At first I thought this congressman would have been against the Wright Brothers and would have banned airplanes because they would be unsafe. The more I listened the more he made sense. He was criticizing a bill that came right out of his own organization, the congress. Another example of these congressmen voting for bills they know nothing about and voting based on what the lobbyist, special interest and their political contributors tell them how to vote. When will this end!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 AM

Good video/ sad state of Congress to be imposing ridiculous mandates.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Gold member

I have a stockpile of incandescents for future use. Absolutely hate fluorescents. May be a good item to invest in. Price is sure to rise when mfg and sale is illegal in the USA.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
I have a stockpile of incandescents for future use. Absolutely hate fluorescents. May be a good item to invest in. Price is sure to rise when mfg and sale is illegal in the USA.
That makes two of us. I'm accumulating a stockpile myself, now concentrating on 100w bulbs that will be illegal after Dec of this year.

the CFLs are ridiculous. If you go into a room for a minute, you don't have adequate light unless you wait long minutes for the light to brighten. The way to combat that is to leave the light on constantly if it is a room you enter and leave often, such as the office where I'm writing this. That kind of defeats the energy saving, huh?

Also, I don't want to be forced to bring those toxic CFLs into my house. Read what you're supposed to do if you break one. This is crazy stuff; not to mention that none of these are manufactured in the U.S.A.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Richie - I'm with you 100%. I'm trying to figure how many 75W incandescent bulbs I'll need to last me a lifetime so I can buy a lifetime supply. I have one of the supposedly "white" CFL bulbs in my reading lamp, and I can't see much of anything out of it, except for a strange blue/white light that is uncomfortable to the eye. This is a classic case of your nanny government at work - and you can bet that the light-bulb manufacturers' lobbyists had a lot to do with the law. Lots of money to be made by exchanging all of the incandescents in the USA at less than $1.00 apiece for these overpriced fluorescents.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Sage

Skip the CFL bulbs - hold out for improvements and dropping prices for LED lights.

We have managed to find one particular brand/type of CFL bulb that comes on immediately and at almost full brightness: Sylvania Super Saver CFL - Micro Mini Instant On.

Bill
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Skip the CFL bulbs - hold out for improvements and dropping prices for LED lights.

We have managed to find one particular brand/type of CFL bulb that comes on immediately and at almost full brightness: Sylvania Super Saver CFL - Micro Mini Instant On.

Bill
Where are they made?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Where are they made?
Where do you think?

Bill
Old 03-22-2011, 09:02 AM

I have several lamps in my home that use 3-way lighting. The last I knew the new bulbs did not have this feature. A 30/70/100w was just not available. Has this changed?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
I have several lamps in my home that use 3-way lighting. The last I knew the new bulbs did not have this feature. A 30/70/100w was just not available. Has this changed?
Yeah, usually 10/20/30 watt CFL's (50/100/150 equivalent bulbs). I know Lowes and Wally World carry them, pretty widely available.
Suffering from TV envy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.