Aging bird cage framing?

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipd411 View Post
I am wanting to move the outside door of the cage. Is there a company I can call?
If you get the Daily Sun, look in the classified section you will find several screen and birdcage companies. We just had all of the roof area panels replaced (33 panels) 6 were damaged by Ian. We had 3 estimates, all with in $100 of each other, but A+ Screens provided the license and insurance information immediately. They were on time and did nice work. I believe they would also be able to move your screen door. In any case get at least 3 estimates, confirm license and insurance.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Our bird cage is 15 years old. We had all the screening replaced a couple of years ago.

Now starting to see a lot of rusting screws and a whitening of the bottom rails (not mold...more like calcium deposit).

I am not sure painting is a practical option. I am curious what others have done with their aging bird cage frame.

Sounds like you have a pool. The white corrosion is the chlorine corroding the aluminum after a failure of the powder coating.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

A little off-topic but I'm actually looking to do a bird cage. Anybody recommend a contractor?
Old 01-08-2023, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
A little off-topic but I'm actually looking to do a bird cage. Anybody recommend a contractor?
All Around Aluminum
Closed Thread

Tags
cage, bird, aging, years, calcium

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.