Grandson is arriving

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts
Default Grandson is arriving

Our 14 month old grandson son will be arriving shortly
He's not old enough for amusement parks. He's very observant looking for places that are close by for the day to entertain him any ideas?
Animal parks,petting zoos or bird sanctuaries

Thank You
Old 04-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Gold member

The boat ride LSL might do
Old 04-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Our 14 month old grandson son will be arriving shortly
He's not old enough for amusement parks. He's very observant looking for places that are close by for the day to entertain him any ideas?
Animal parks,petting zoos or bird sanctuaries

Thank You
UNCLE DONALD'S FARM
Old 04-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Barnes and Noble at LSL here has a children's department. You might want to go there before he arrives and spend some time choosing two or three picture books with simple, colorful illustrations.

As you no doubt already know, he is not too young for books. You said he is observant which I bet means he already has enough of a concentration span to spend time sitting on your lap, looking at books and "discussing" them with you. -- You know those books with pictures of animals that you can talk about. He might like to point to the animals and say their "names" and make the animals' sounds. -- He might like books with pictures of big trucks, especially firetrucks, and airplanes and trains, and big construction equipment, too.

I think it is fun to sing with little ones. You might find a song book at B&N with those nursery rhymes we sang long ago or maybe some other songs that little kids love........."Down in the meadow in an itty, bitty pool, swam three little fishies and a mama fishie, too"........Anyway.........

There are wonderful memories and learning times to be created with just a few books and a nice comfortable chair for just the two of you.

No matter what you decide to do with the time you get to spend with him, I know you are going to have fun and will love every minute of his visit.

Old School Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-03-2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

All those lap games you haven't used for awhile. I am guessing they are different all over the country. We played "This is the way the gentleman rides.." and "Headacher, eyewinker, tomtinker," and now I can't think of any others.

Enjoy yourself to pieces and don't forget if you kiss them more on one cheek than the other they will get lopsided..
Old 04-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Sage

There are a couple of nice children's playgrounds in the area with swings.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Thanks for all the great idea's
Old 04-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Here's another thing you probably already thought of, for the non-outing times. For our 13-month-old grand niece's visit, I filled a lower double kitchen cabinet with tupperware bowls, plastic bottles & lids, and a few wooden spoons. It was a hit. She kept going back to it.

And I'm sure you've thought of getting one of those sit-in inner tubes to take to the pool.

Tags
grandson, arriving, entertain, day, close, ideas, sanctuaries, bird, animal, parks, petting, zoos, month, son, moje_whot, shortlymoje_whot, observant, places, parks, amusement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.