Alec Baldwin in lose/lose situation!

Old 10-23-2021, 05:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBoomer View Post
Never again would be fine with a lot of us
Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court document shows - CNN

The kind of hate being aimed at Alec Baldwin from certain "news" providers and trolls on various other sources will only strengthen how others support him. It will be up to him if he comes back to the entertainment industry.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I decided there is not enough info to comment....thread deleted.
Regardless of who's to blame, why would you have live rounds anywhere near a movie set?
Old 10-23-2021, 06:02 AM

Don’t like the man at all
Old 10-23-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Why were non-actors shot? Why was he pointing a gun at a non-actor and pulling the trigger? Even the blanks will have some report for which you would not want to point it at someone.
My son is in the film biz. He said some shots are aimed at the camera so it looks like the actor is shooting into the audience❗️She was behind the camera and the director was probably right beside her watching the work she was doing. Son said there absolutely should have been a plexiglass shield in front of the camera before Baldwin shot at the camera. My son is a first assistant director in the Director’s Union and has been trained in weapons and safety. He spoke to some other first assistant directors in LA and the consensus is that a lot of this tragedy is because to cut costs a “local” crew instead of a highly trained union crew was hired/employed. Son said first assistant director on Rust will probably never work in the film industry again.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:30 AM
Default This was not the first time this happened!

Brandon Lee,
Jon-Erik Hexum from TV show Cover Up back in the 70s and now Alex Baldwin. And many more we've not heard about. It's very stressful filming a movie and you put your trust in the people who are responsible for all the props and equipment. Whether you're all a fan or not of any above mentioned, accidents do happen. Sadly it took lives. In my opinion, yes, my opinion, I think all the above mentioned were setup, but that's for the investigators to figure out. Whether I'm a lefty or righty, I'm a big fan of Alex Baldwin as was for all the above mentioned.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:51 AM

Years ago an actor on a popular TV series put his prop gun to his head as a joke and pulled the trigger and died. Blanks can kill too.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

AB = good actor, enjoyed him in many of his roles.
AB = have NO use for him as a person, his political diatribes and treatment of his daughter and patriotic folks

The injured and killed by him = so very sad for them and their families.

Lawyers = will be very very busy on this one, both sides.

AB = as a Producer on the film - liable, perhaps personally for the actions. Apparently all Union personnel, incl the Firearms experts, walked off the set hours before noting bad working conditions. But, apparently some of the non-union crew continued working when the incident happened. Including those killed and injured.

AB = Past horrid tweets come back to haunt him now... what goes around...
Old 10-23-2021, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
POS with a well known temper and a NY CCW.....and an anti gunner to boot...................ahhhh to be one of the elites.........can't make this crap up.........
Ditto!
Old 10-23-2021, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

This is neither Alex Baldwin's fault as an actor or that of the fire arm it self.
Most film sets run at the very least 60 hour weeks, most of the time it's more.
They have a 10 hour turn arounds which means you could start at 6am work until 8pm which is a normal and you have to be back on set at 6am to do it all over again. Don't forget that means driving home, taking a shower and maybe eating something. On typical short movie this goes on for 12 weeks.

Accidents happen all the time, the crews are young and the equipment rental is usually more expensive than the crew.
I was on a job one night when a kid fell 5 flight down an air shaft of an old tenement building, lucky for him there was ton of trash at the bottom and he survived.
They called the an ambulance and the fire department had to get him out, while this was going on we broke for lunch and when we got back we went right back up and started shooting.

Another job the star of the show was all wired up to appear as he was being shot multiple times before he was completely rigged they all went off and burned his chest.

This is what happens when the most important thing is time and money, safety takes a back seat.
Most high price talent are driven to the set, have a camper, are call to the set to do their scenes and even if they put in a long day it's not usually everyday. That why I'm saying as an actor it's not Baldwin's fault, as a producer it maybe something else.
Though a lot of actors who get credit for being producer are usually in name only, most of the time it's a financial arrangement.
Movies are show business with the emphasis on business
Old 10-23-2021, 08:03 AM
Default Negligence

Anyone who is "handed a gun" and then chooses to fire it without checking to see if it is loaded and what it is loaded with is guilty of negligence. Anyone who fires a gun is responsible for every projectile that comes from the gun.

Respectfully, I don't understand the assertion that Baldwin did nothing wrong. He didn't check the gun. If he shoots it, it's on him.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Tragic, and this incident is far from over.

Movie sets are supposed to have qualified armorers on hand, and only the armorer is allowed to handle and load prop guns. Additionally, there is to be NO live ammunition anywhere on the sets. For live rounds to wind up in a prop gun, they had to be placed there by someone. This goes beyond "oops."

Violation of basic safety protocol? Certainly. Negligent homicide? Perhaps. Intentional murder? Possibly. We'll see just how far the local law enforcement agencies take this. Even if this was "just" a horrible accident, a manslaughter charge is not beyond the realm of possibility.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:08 AM

He has full responsibility. He was a controlling executive on the movie and HE had the gun last. He had a personal and professional responsibility to check the status of the weapon he recklessly fired directly at the victim.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Someone dropped the ball on this one. He is sincerely remorseful and truly broken-hearted. At age 68, it may be a very long time, if at all, before we see him again.
Promise?
Old 10-23-2021, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
He has no blame in this as he does not supply the equipment used on the film set. Time will tell if some ******* tried to sabotage the film being made by putting live rounds in the guns used while filming. They shut down other movies being made in the same vicinity.
He is 100% responsible as he failed basic firearms safety by not checking for live rounds in the gun. He pulled the trigger at least twice. What an idiot! But we all knew that.

REVEALED: Alec Baldwin'''s old tweets reveal ignorance, cruelty regarding guns and gun safety | The Post Millennial

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-23-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Why were non-actors shot? Why was he pointing a gun at a non-actor and pulling the trigger? Even the blanks will have some report for which you would not want to point it at someone.

I agree, Woodbear: I have been trained that you never ever point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at another human being unless your intent is to kill that person. I don't like Baldwin. I'm not saying he intentionally killed anyone but he should never have pointed the gun at another person, period. And then to pull the trigger? I'm guessing he was being very careless and remarkably stupid.

Tags
gun, terrible, tragedy, alec, safety

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.