Alec Baldwin in lose/lose situation!

Old 10-23-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
AB = good actor, enjoyed him in many of his roles.
AB = have NO use for him as a person, his political diatribes and treatment of his daughter and patriotic folks

The injured and killed by him = so very sad for them and their families.

Lawyers = will be very very busy on this one, both sides.

AB = as a Producer on the film - liable, perhaps personally for the actions. Apparently all Union personnel, incl the Firearms experts, walked off the set hours before noting bad working conditions. But, apparently some of the non-union crew continued working when the incident happened. Including those killed and injured.

AB = Past horrid tweets come back to haunt him now... what goes around...
I agree with this post 100%. Especially the last sentence.

According to a crew member, there were 3 previous accidental discharges of live bullets on the set. Baldwin may have some culpability as producer and also because he did not follow the cardinal rule of weapons. "Treat every gun as if it is loaded"

Unbelievable that a few days earlier prop guns fired live bullets and that someone would just trust that the gun was safe.

Alec Baldwin '''Rust''' camera crew walked off before shooting - Los Angeles Times
Old 10-23-2021, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

I'm have no opinion on Baldwin one way or the other. I was in the business for 40 years, everything is rush, rush, rush and then some more rush. Everyone has a job to do and hopefully they are proficient at what they do, enough so you can rely on them. To blame Baldwin for not checking to see if the weapon had a blank or was load is unfair, he probably would not know the difference.

I was once told by a very famous actor when you can't do anything in life you become an actor and if you can't make it as an actor you become a politician. I might not agree with that but it was a funny line.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Alec Baldwin'''s fatal prop gun shooting: Experts weigh in on how accident happened | Fox News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-23-2021 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:41 AM

Exactly
Old 10-23-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
To blame Baldwin for not checking to see if the weapon had a blank or was load is unfair, he probably would not know the difference.
If I was on a set where live rounds had been fired by accident days earlier, I would surely check the weapon.

9mm blanks:

blanks-jpg

9mm bullets:

bullets-jpg
Old 10-23-2021, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Again Baldwin is an actor, the only thing he probably knows is how to point and pull the trigger.
If you showed him the 2 displays he probably would think one was a lipstick and the other a suppositorie.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
Again Baldwin is an actor, the only thing he probably knows is how to point and pull the trigger.
If you showed him the 2 displays he probably would think one was a lipstick and the other a suppositorie.
Alec Baldwin was told gun was "cold" before fatal movie set shooting, court records show - CBS News

Some actors were in the military and have been around guns a lot and some hunt and some probably have very large gun collections.

Have no idea about Alec Baldwin though. There seem to be a lot of gross generalizations going around.

Alec Baldwin shooting: what we know so far - France 24

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-23-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:13 AM
Sage

I wonder how Alec would do as a con within the infamous NM State Penitentiary which ironically is not far from where he shot two people. Penitentiary of New Mexico | NM Corrections Department

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-23-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Given the comments on this thread and the Brian Laundrie one, the courts should draw all jurors from TOTV.
Probably whip through a dozen trials a day, saving court time and money, and solve a few outstanding murders on the way home.
Who needs evidence?
Old 10-23-2021, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

Years ago, I took my car in for its usual tune up and tire rotation, when it was done, they handed me the keys and told me it was out in the lot. I drove the car maybe 1,000 yards off the lot and had to pull over, there was a terrible sound of grinding metal. I turned around to took in back into the dealer. It seems that when they rotated the tires the mechanic did not tighten the lug nuts on one of the wheels. It took over a month to repair the damage it caused. This could have cause injury to me or someone else. Even though I have changed many tires in my life, when a professional tells me my car is ready to go, I don’t pop the hood and check the tires. Even though we are talking about a firearm you have to understand he was relying on someone he believed to be a professional.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
He has no blame in this as he does not supply the equipment used on the film set. Time will tell if some ******* tried to sabotage the film being made by putting live rounds in the guns used while filming. They shut down other movies being made in the same vicinity.
I disagree. The ultimate responsibility of EVERYONE who handles a gun, prop or not, is to check to see if it is loaded and if it is what it is loaded with. You never, ever fire a gun unless you have checked it yourself.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Barrios View Post
I disagree. The ultimate responsibility of EVERYONE who handles a gun, prop or not, is to check to see if it is loaded and if it is what it is loaded with. You never, ever fire a gun unless you have checked it yourself.
Correct. The first thing you ever do when you take possession of a gun is to check to see whether or not it is loaded. Even if it is unloaded you still NEVER point it at another person.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim@jedward.com View Post
Anyone who is "handed a gun" and then chooses to fire it without checking to see if it is loaded and what it is loaded with is guilty of negligence. Anyone who fires a gun is responsible for every projectile that comes from the gun.

Respectfully, I don't understand the assertion that Baldwin did nothing wrong. He didn't check the gun. If he shoots it, it's on him.
Absolutely on him. One of the first and most basic of rules of handling a handgun - CHECK THE DANG THING!
Old 10-23-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Someone dropped the ball on this one. He is sincerely remorseful and truly broken-hearted. At age 68, it may be a very long time, if at all, before we see him again.
Tragic, but won't miss him a bit!!
Old 10-23-2021, 10:08 AM
Sage

Today's Albuquerque Journal has a couple of front page articles on the unfortunate event and circumstances which led to it. I hope this link works.

Albuquerque Journal

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-23-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Tags
gun, terrible, tragedy, alec, safety

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.