Amazing time lapse hurricane video at Ft. Myers Beach

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2022, 09:20 AM

People could have evacuated.. I have many friends In Englewood and Port Charlotte that stayed.. I stayed when I lived there for Irma.. since there hasn't been one destructive like this many thought it would be like Irma.. you don't know what you would do if you lived there. When I decided to stay I stuck to the decision but when it's all done and your inside your home waiting for the landfall you question your decision... I did and this time many of my friends and some from their closets ... said "why did I stay" my best friend is stuck still at their home that filled with water and now says he and his wife would never stay again. You just don't know.
We are very fortunate to live here in central Florida.. I grew up on the coast and I was tired of these hurricanes... living in central Florida is the safest place if you want to live In this state. ❤️
Old 09-30-2022, 09:57 AM

If you are going to stay, then take a Sharpie and write your name and SS# on your arm. That way they can identify your body after the storm. Ask the folks of Galveston and the Texas barrier islands about the people who did not heed the evacuation orders or tried to evacuate too late. Bodies were found 20 miles away in trees or six months later. Some never were ID’ed after Ike. Too bad for their families who do not know what ever happened to them. Only one house was left standing in a 25 mile stretch of Bolivar Peninsula.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Holy Crap!!! Wow, stunning video!!

As for csue925's advice (below) I would add, on. your other arm write your blood type and NKA (No Known Allergies) or Rx allergies (penicillin, morphine, etc.) if you have them. Also, if circumstances warrant, if a tourniquet is applied write the time it was applied and "TQ."

These are recognized notations on patients in emergency medicine and combat medicine environments. As csue925 stated, use a Sharpie. Regular ink pens tend to wash off easily from sweat, etc. If no Sharpie, try to write conspicuously on the patient's clothing with the regular ink pen. Write on their face if you have to, seconds count in triage situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csue925@gmail.com View Post
If you are going to stay, then take a Sharpie and write your name and SS# on your arm. That way they can identify your body after the storm. Ask the folks of Galveston and the Texas barrier islands about the people who did not heed the evacuation orders or tried to evacuate too late. Bodies were found 20 miles away in trees or six months later. Some never were ID’ed after Ike. Too bad for their families who do not know what ever happened to them. Only one house was left standing in a 25 mile stretch of Bolivar Peninsula.

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 09-30-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Anybody who decides against mandatory evacuation orders and "ride out the storm" should watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al8yTiCVfro

__________________________________________________ __

Wow!! I don't even have words for this.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:52 PM

I just have to add when we lived in SE Florida we went through two big storms, Frances and Jean in 04'. We wanted to evacuate for Frances but there was no gas left. We would have gotten stuck on the highway as everyone was trying to leave. When Jean was forecasted to hit us, three weeks to the day after Frances hit us we had gas and high tailed it across the state. We brought three big dogs and a cat, which is another story in itself.

My word of advice is during hurricane season (June 1st to November 30th) keep your gas tank full. Don't wait till a hurricane to try and get gas.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:41 PM
Platinum member

Absolutely terrifying.

Tags
video, amazing, evacuation, watch, storm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.