St. Armand's Circle - Sarasota

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran member
Default St. Armand's Circle - Sarasota

I got a PM asking about one of my past posts talking about St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota, and how it provided an outlet for my love of shopping, especially shoes; and she was asking for info about it; so for others who don't know about this very wonderful go-to place, I thought I'd post here the info I gave her.

St. Armand's Circle is west of Sarasota near the ocean; and would probably take about 2 1/2 hours to get to if you drove straight from here on the I-75to the Sarasota exit. (I'm guessing because we always go a different way, as explained below). It is a wonderful shopping area; and has several great shoe stores plus lots of clothes, dining, art galleries, and home/other shopping. I love to go there. If you do a web search I'm sure there are websites about St. Armand's Circle.

The way we always go to St. Armand's Circle is the more scenic route, where we first go along the ocean down Gulf Blvd through Clearwater/St. Pete and then go across Skyway Bridge (I-275 S) and then at/near Bradenton go west to get back on the Gulf Road/Blvd, which takes you right along the ocean, through beautiful Long Boat Key, etc, and then eventually you end up at St. Armand's Circle. It takes longer, maybe at least 3 hours total (but along that route you would probably stop to look at other things, as well) that way, but we often do this when we're spending the night somewhere on the trip.

One of my favorite shoe stores is Jolie's Goody Two Shoes; but there are others, also. Be sure to eat at the Columbia Restaurant if you go.

You'll love it.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Platinum member

I love St. Armand's Circle. Makes me feel like I'm in Europe. Wonderful boutiques and restaurants. And great ice cream shops. You are also within walking distance of the Gulf beach.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

I too love St Armand's Circle for it's uniquely beautiful ambiance of a European flair. Wonderful sidewalk restaurants, novelty shops, clothing botiques, etc. If you're shopping for bargains, then SA is not for you; strictly top-of-the-line everything. Love it.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Default Can't resist a plug

Hey, St. Armand's fans:

My father lived for 44 years in Sarasota and died in February. As executor of his estate (OK, for you Florida purists, I'm the Personal Representative), I've got a home for sale just off Fruitville Road (exit 210 off I-75), on the way to St. Armand's.

Need a second home down there? And, for you snow birds: Need a third home down there?

Last edited by cybrgeezer; 06-12-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 06-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrgeezer View Post
Hey, St. Armand's fans:

My father lived for 44 years in Sarasota and died in February. As executor of his estate (OK, for you Florida purists, I'm the Personal Representative), I've got a home for sale just off Fruitville Road (exit 210 off I-75), on the way to St. Armand's.

Need a second home down there? And, for you snow birds: Need a third home down there?
First of all, Cybr, I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my daddy in Jan. and know its a very sad time. But, I do love that area so much, and my brother lives in Bradenton and am wondering if you could pm me some information about your house for sale. It might be interesting to us.

Thanks.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Sage

Parking spaces at St. Armand's can be tough to scout out during busy times! Bring your walking shoes, just in case.....

Bill
Old 06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier
Default Day trip

Anyone up for a day trip this week. I've never been there so if someone wants to ride along and show me the way, I'll drive?????
Old 06-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmt54 View Post
Anyone up for a day trip this week. I've never been there so if someone wants to ride along and show me the way, I'll drive?????
Sounds good, bxmt54! Just swing through central OH to pick Sandy up on your way - she'd would absolutely LOVE to go. (She can't wait to get back down to TV again! Unfortunately, that's not happening for a few more months......sniffle......)

Hope you can find a taker on your offer - very generous of you.

Bill
Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier

I hope so too. This is my last week down here this time around. It sounds like a fun way to spend the day but I'm sure it'd be more fun with someone to ride with. Tell Sandy I'll get her on the next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Sounds good, bxmt54! Just swing through central OH to pick Sandy up on your way - she'd would absolutely LOVE to go. (She can't wait to get back down to TV again! Unfortunately, that's not happening for a few more months......sniffle......)

Hope you can find a taker on your offer - very generous of you.

Bill
Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmt54 View Post
I hope so too. This is my last week down here this time around. It sounds like a fun way to spend the day but I'm sure it'd be more fun with someone to ride with. Tell Sandy I'll get her on the next trip!
Will do!!! We'll be back in Oct.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.