No Federal Charges

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,804 Times in 3,661 Posts
Default No Federal Charges

Justice Dept.: No federal charges in Trayvon Martin death
Associated Press
By JENNIFER KAY and ERIC TUCKER 33 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) — George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin in a 2012 confrontation with the teenager, will not face federal charges, the Justice Department said Tuesday.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,646 Times in 1,770 Posts

Great news! Thanks! Wonder how many taxpayer dollars were needlessly burned on that pointless endeavor?

β€œTo argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-24-2015, 06:01 PM

Based on the facts. It was a political expenditure on a wild goose chase.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

No surprise but it did have to be investigated just to be sure justice was served. Zimmerman got away with murder and now gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor for the rest of his life. At the rate he is going, he will end up in prison for something. Doubt he'll last long there.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-25-2015, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
No surprise but it did have to be investigated just to be sure justice was served. Zimmerman got away with murder and now gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor for the rest of his life. At the rate he is going, he will end up in prison for something. Doubt he'll last long there.
What? You don't believe in our Judicial System. Zimmerman was found not guilty in a court of law. And then our DOJ chases a a federal investigation and can't come up up with any evidence that any Civil Rights were violated by Zimmerman. That's two serious attempts to get Zimmerman and they couldn't do it. I'd say the guy is not guilty. You essentially called him a murderer and our courts say he isn't.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

You're an optimist!
Personally, I don't think he will ever make it as far as jail.
I have a feeling his days are numbered.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:50 AM
Veteran member

Obviously a mistake has been made. When someone is on top of you punching you in the face and smashing your head into the sidewalk you are supposed to explain to him that it just isn't the gentlemanly thing to do. Let him know that hurting people is frowned upon in polite society.
The family must really be angry. This was probably their best hope of getting a huge cash settlement in a civil case.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-25-2015, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Obviously a mistake has been made. When someone is on top of you punching you in the face and smashing your head into the sidewalk you are supposed to explain to him that it just isn't the gentlemanly thing to do. Let him know that hurting people is frowned upon in polite society.
The family must really be angry. This was probably their best hope of getting a huge cash settlement in a civil case.
Good point. No doubt Zimmerman has millions stashed away somewhere despite the fact he alleges he is broke, homeless and has PTSD. Clearly somebody who is capable of generating a "huge cash settlement."
Old 02-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post
What? You don't believe in our Judicial System. Zimmerman was found not guilty in a court of law. And then our DOJ chases a a federal investigation and can't come up up with any evidence that any Civil Rights were violated by Zimmerman. That's two serious attempts to get Zimmerman and they couldn't do it. I'd say the guy is not guilty. You essentially called him a murderer and our courts say he isn't.
Yes, I truly believe Zimmerman set the whole thing up. Zimmerman could have politely asked if Martin was lost or something but instead chose to follow the kid. Don't know about you but that would certainly get my adrenalin flowing. The difference is I'm an older white female who carries rather than a young black male who thinks he has something to prove. Zimmerman wanted a confrontation. He wanted to be a hero and stop his neighbors from being robbed. He behaved in a manner that had the exact outcome he thought he wanted.

Would I have convicted Martin had I been on the jury believing what I do? No. The evidence didn't show what was on Zimmerman's mind. Martin could have behaved differently. That doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't commit murder, it just means the evidence wasn't sufficient. Kind of like saying OJ didn't commit murder because he was acquitted.

As to the possible Federal charges, it had to be considered. I didn't think it would come to anything and, quite honestly, don't think Zimmerman was guilty of a federal crime but for justice to be served, it had to be considered.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Good point. No doubt Zimmerman has millions stashed away somewhere despite the fact he alleges he is broke, homeless and has PTSD. Clearly somebody who is capable of generating a "huge cash settlement."
I guess this was an attempt at sarcasm?
The cash settlement would be from Zimmerman's insurance company and/or the complex he was patrolling.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
I guess this was an attempt at sarcasm?
The cash settlement would be from Zimmerman's insurance company and/or the complex he was patrolling.

Does anybody think this deadbeat had any kind of insurance policy? And it is a well known fact that Zimmerman was violating the rules of neighborhood watch by carrying a gun.

Zimmerman said on a radio interview last year that he owes his defense lawyer, Mark O'Mara, over two million dollars. Not only is he starting at a minus two million, but just guessing that any dollars he would earn would be subject to being garnished.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Sage

Which deadbeat are you talking about?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Justice Dept.: No federal charges in Trayvon Martin death
Associated Press
By JENNIFER KAY and ERIC TUCKER 33 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) — George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin in a 2012 confrontation with the teenager, will not face federal charges, the Justice Department said Tuesday.
It makes no real difference, now, does it?

We all know Zimmy is lower than pond scum. He is no prize and has shown this since the time of his arrest in Martin's killing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.