Garage Raid by Guy on Foot at Stone Crest.

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Garage Raid by Guy on Foot at Stonecrest.

My friend from Vermont who now lives in Stonecrest resides a few houses from where a man left his garage door open only to find when he walked back into the garage a man welding a shotgun. The house owner handed over his cash and other valuables but told the would be robber that he kept the car guys to the vehicle in the house. The man managed to get in the house. Slammed the door and then called 9/11 but not before the robber put a hole in the house door to the garage with a shotgun blast.

The Stonecrest POA now asks the home owners there to keep their garage doors shut.

My female friend from Vermont said story made its way to Vermont too even though I do not see it in the news feeds nor anything about it in the Villages news sources.

The man with the shotgun got away going into the woods near the house that was robbed at gunpoint.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-26-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 AM
Sage

You should post this to The Other News and also Facebook social media sites so folks are aware!! This is scarey!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
You should post this to The Other News and also Facebook social media sites so folks are aware!! This is scarey!!!
I'd like to verify it first. My friend seems sincere though. I see no reason why she would make something like this up and she seems like a very straight- and- narrow person. And I have been talking to her about every week for years.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:47 AM

This robbery is a fact. I am a resident of Stonecrest. Our POA notified us that this occurred.

I have been watching the various newspapers and there has been no mention of this even though the local police are investigating. The robbery occurred a couple weeks ago. This is a very scary situation when someone actually shoots into your house. The resident is very lucky he wasn't injured.

We hope to hear that someone is caught very soon.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post
This robbery is a fact. I am a resident of Stonecrest. Our POA notified us that this occurred.

I have been watching the various newspapers and there has been no mention of this even though the local police are investigating. The robbery occurred a couple weeks ago. This is a very scary situation when someone actually shoots into your house. The resident is very lucky he wasn't injured.

I tried to find this but couldn't. This is the only thing I can find and it is from last year. Can you link us?

We all need to try to quell rumors and get to the bottom of scary things like this if they do happen.

Here is what I found from Stonecrestonline.

StonecrestOnline
September 23, 2016 ·
Marion County Sheriff’s Office Update:
In late August there was a suspicious person in the community. This was reported via Facebook by the Coopers as well as in the open forum prior to the Board of Director’s Meeting on September 1st. Lt. Calhoun from the Marion County Sheriff’s Office conducted a thorough investigation which included speaking with staff members as well as residents. At the conclusion Lt. Calhoun advised that through his investigation the suspect was unable to be identified; therefore, he has no basis to keep the case open. Should you see any suspicious activity in the community please contact the Marion County Sheriff’s Office at “911” for immediate assistance or 671-3841 to reach Lt. Calhoun directly in a non-emergency situation.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post

My friend did say that the POA of Stonecrest notified you guys and that news in Vermont had picked up the story as her brother knew about it. He is in Vermont and called her about it or something like that.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Platinum member

When something this newsworthy doesn't make the news, I am inclined to think that the police don't believe the complainant.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
When something this newsworthy doesn't make the news, I am inclined to think that the police don't believe the complainant.
That did cross my mind but it sounds like it made the news in Vermont. Maybe the local authorities are sitting on it for some other reason? A shotgun blast into a door into some room in the house would be a hard thing to mask as something else. It would have been coming in from the garage. I would expect that there are many frightened people in Stonecrest because of this news and maybe the cops do no want to spread panic.

A more on the down low approach might be better.

911 was called and the police did arrive according to my friend. She lives close to where this happened in Stonecrest.

Life can be very strange though so maybe there is something else going on here. Cannot imagine what though.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, house, man, vermont, crest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.