Anyone have a PELLET GRILL?

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2018, 02:42 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Very interesting thread, I need to do some research on these things, starting with the recommended Woodwind. We love our 24 year old webber gas grill, but it needs to be rebuilt again for the 4th time, with new burners, flavor bars, and grill plates. Each time the rebuild cost about $100, but the stove itself is bulletproof. We have a pellet stove for heat in our home up north and love heating with pellets, but never knew there was an option to cook with them also.
Just to clarify...the pellets folks use up north to heat their home are not the same pellets we use for cooking. The pellet stove pellets are FOOD GRADE, with no fillers, by products, etc. There are many brands of pellet stove pellets out there....I think the best ones for the money are the Lumberjack ones sold at Rural King for $8.95 for a 20 lb bag. They have many different flavors...

As to pellet stove brands, there are many different ones out there at all price points. Folks seem to be very loyal to their own brands. As they become more well known, you will see them more and more at the big box stores, etc....Camp Chef, Treager, Pit Boss, Yoder, RecTec are all popular brands.

Frank
Old 08-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

I bought a large Traeger several years ago on TOTV and we love it. We sold our gas grill and don't miss it at all.
Last year we purchased a Blackstone griddle. Perfect for some of the things a smoker isn;t designed for.
We smoked a 17 lb turkey last Thanksgiving and roasted a Butterball in the oven. Our guests raved over the smoked turkey over the roasted one.
Slow cooked prime rib is my favorite!
To simplify the cooking process we have a ThermoPro remote food thermometer model #tp-12. It has a probe that registers the temp and sends the temp to a remote receiver indoors. The range is excellent and the temp is true. Have had a few in the past and this one is great.
Closed Thread

Tags
grill, heat, lower, friendly, pellet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.