Anyone a Vegetarian?

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2014, 01:41 PM

I have been reading Forks over Knives. Saw the movie and totally changed the way I eat, only been a few weeks but I am not hungry and am starting to feel I have more energy.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:51 PM

I have been a vegetarian for 25 years, aspire to be vegan but also love greek yogurt and cheese, have not found a vegan dairy product that is priced sanely enough for the reduced taste! My problem is weight gain in the last few years ... I had to have my thyroid removed in 2007, now in menopause ... bad combo! I need help losing weight on a vegetarian diet! Any ideas??
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM

F.Y.I if anyone has Facebook, there are lots of Vegan/Vegetarian groups that are very helpful!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
Are you eliminating all meat or just red meat? If your not eating chicken and fish you'll need to make sure you get enough protein. Legumes, almonds, soy, tofu, eggs, and quinoa are good sources of protein.

When you say you feel better does that mean you have more energy?
This a huge miss conception, there is plenty of protein in vegies
Old 09-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg150 View Post
I really want to go vegetarian, but I gained a little weight last time I tried it. My doctor said I was over relying on carbs and that I should go back to adding lean meats and fish to my diet since I need to loose weight. Has anyone figured out how to be vegetarian and to lose weight?
IMO that doctor just understand what's going on, get on Google, impossible to gain weight on veggie or vegan diet.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Sage

Dairy products contain casein,

The China Study was a human study that claimed to be the largest ever study on human subjects, with the support of the Chinese government and provincial governments across China. It concluded that populations with greater than 10% of the protein in their diet from casein were at risk of cancer due to casein acting as a cancer promoter. Neal D. Barnard focuses on the addictive nature of milk products and opiate products associated with A1 milk in particular, and notes that "The problem with milk is not simply its casein—that's the part that produces the casomorphin opiates. The nutrient 'package' in milk—loads of sugar (lactose), animal protein, and fat—triggers the production of IGF-I in the body, and that may be the reason it is linked to certain forms of cancer.

it is also used to make paint and glue,

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.