Arby's Coming to CR 466A

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2023, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
I was on a crew that worked on an Arby's commercial years ago and after what I saw I never would eat at one.
More room for me!!

Have preferred Arby's over others for at least 40 years. The one on 466 was the first place we ate as permanent residents of the Villages. Will be nice to have one closer.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-19-2023, 09:28 AM

I agree with Stu from NYC. Arby's has a great Greek Gyro. We go to Arby's on 466 near 301 about once a month to treat ourselves to their Greek Gyros.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,904 Times in 5,324 Posts

I like Arby's. But, I am amazed that some people actually think the roast beef is sliced from a whole piece of meat. It may be beef, but it is pressed into a loaf before it is sliced. The same as Gyro meat.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
really? excited over a fast food restaurant? stay home and cook and avoid all the salt and the glucose spike from cheap white bread
Why is it necessary to get nasty? We get it - you don’t like Arby’s.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:57 AM

Not easy watching sausage being made. Not for the faint of heart.
Old 02-19-2023, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Hmm. Late 70’s, cancer survivor, back issues, leg issues……think I’ll put up with the junk food
100% agree. People that think that eliminating supposed dietary no no's at our age is going to do anything for their health or longevity are delusional.
Old 02-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Gold member

They the people with the red rare roast beef?
Old 02-19-2023, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
100% agree. People that think that eliminating supposed dietary no no's at our age is going to do anything for their health or longevity are delusional.
Most Americans think like you and it makes cardiologists, oncologists, and nephrologists very happy that they do.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:40 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,774 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
really? excited over a fast food restaurant? stay home and cook and avoid all the salt and the glucose spike from cheap white bread
LOL ! Nutritionally I totally agree with you, but think you may have misinterpreted the intent of the poster. He/she may have only meant to post "news" of a new construction, not asking for advice on what he/she should, or should not, eat. Couple personal observations: USA in general is crazy for "fast food" regardless of levels of sodium, fat, etc. etc., children seem to be raised on such foods (even in school cafeterias), and seniors also love it (Villagers get VERY excited about any new fast food option ! As I opened with, I TOTALLY agree with your advice, but honestly, I think you/I are definitely in the minority. Why do I believe that ? Horrifying increases in over weight and obese individuals in every state, increased rates of diabetes that have now reached 1 in every TWO over weight children will develop diabetes as adults, an unreal percentage of individuals on high blood pressure meds, growing problem with school age children with high blood pressure, ....kind of makes you wonder if there is some "root cause" accelerating all this sick/unhealthy trend ?

Last edited by Pairadocs; 02-19-2023 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-2023, 03:32 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Who says he’s excited? Champion6 often posts about new construction projects in and around The Villages.

He’s one of the few people who actually posts something useful.
Happy to find I am not the only one who recognizes that ! It's really mystifying why some people read SO MUCH into a post that is... not even mentioned ! As you pointed out, where was the word "excited", or similar. Absolutely nothing in that post to indicate the poster's EMOTIONS at all. I see that over and over on here. "WAY way way back when this started, was ALL helpful, useful, sincere, villager willing to help others. WHAT made people change so much ? I sure hope no one is actually hurt with some of name calling (such as "idiot"), or the assumption that a person is LESS than you because they prefer this, or that. An example ? We have had electric and gas golf carts through out life. By the time we built our home here, we knew for sure ONLY a gas cart was for us, nothing else. However, I feel absolutely NO need to push MY preferences on others. Of course we are asked all the time by new residents in our neighborhood: "which is really the best cart to buy, gas or electric ?" The ONLY thing I will say to them is, only you know what matters most to you. I will tell them why we liked our gas carts better than the electric ones we had, but I always add, "what matters to use may be of absolutely no concern to you". So my point is, WHY do people insist on being so disrespectful to others on here ???
Old 02-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I like Arby's. But, I am amazed that some people actually think the roast beef is sliced from a whole piece of meat. It may be beef, but it is pressed into a loaf before it is sliced. The same as Gyro meat.
Don't know if there are others old enough to remember, but as a teen in Illinois, we (our whole family) was excited about Arby's new location in our city. They actually had large, "steamship" rounds" of beef... the same type popular on Sunday buffets at the time. Those Arby's sandwiches were truly delicious, and probably healthier since the "meat' was not a ground Gyro type mixture. Not sure when they made the change to pressed meat "products"; by that time I'd pretty much turned against so called "fast food". But yes, they did actually have GENUINE beef they would even slice off a whole round.
Old 02-19-2023, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Most Americans think like you and it makes cardiologists, oncologists, and nephrologists very happy that they do.
Actually some doctors DO say improvements in life style will help one toward a healthy "old age" no matter when they begin. Guess it can be true, have a friend 68, and another 72, whose pre-diabetes did reverse through disciplined life style changes ! So it may not be the best path to think of them as "useless" no matter what age. It is amazing, and fascinating, how a simple post such as this one about a new food option opening, can lead down so many paths of conversation one would never expect. Like what I posted here about life style changes can work at any age.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 02-19-2023 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-19-2023, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

Who here has eaten at a Lions Choice?
Old 02-19-2023, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,936 Times in 927 Posts

Fast food exists everywhere, and many would get excited for more ethnic specific small restaurants, which is exactly what we need here in the villages. Many posters have stated desires for small ethnic restaurants, greek being one, etc. . . which would be great news . . . other than the same american food from restaurant truck delivery service. . . plus its relatively expensive for what you get. . .

mostly agreeing with the other posters about hoping for the truly different and special and not another same ol, same ol. . . .

interpret the post however you want, its a free country and this is not a judgement free zone
Old 02-19-2023, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,936 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Actually some doctors DO say improvements in life style will help one toward a healthy "old age" no matter when they begin. Guess it can be true, have a friend 68, and another 72, whose pre-diabetes did reverse through disciplined life style changes ! So it may not be the best path to think of them as "useless" no matter what age. It is amazing, and fascinating, how a simple post such as this one about a new food option opening, can lead down so many paths of conversation one would never expect. Like what I posted here about life style changes can work at any age.
So my dad had a fairly decent heart attack at 60 in 1984, and at that time, life expectancy for him was 5 to 10 years max. My mom, a long careered nazi nurse, you followed the rules or get hit over the head with a frying pan, added another 20 years to his life with an extremely healthy diet and lifestyle. . for a total of 30 + from his heart attack. .

am reading too many people passing away in their 70s and early 80s, and diet is one aspect that can add many more years of fun in the villages. . .

its your life, do with it as you want, its my opinion, and my posts have not been banned by the moderator. .
Closed Thread

Tags
building, half, west, arbys, east

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.