Arkansas rushes to execute seven prisoners.

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2017, 05:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjkoz View Post
I'm sure they made sure their victim should were comfortable before they killed them. Sorry, I have no compassion for animals like this
Old 04-17-2017, 05:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
Then the same judge should also halt all abortions. One should not be allowed without the other.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
8 Things You May Not Know About the Guillotine - History Lists

It has an interesting history.

I watched a DVD about an English hangman who executed many of the Nazis who were sentenced to die by the Nuremberg judges. He had been very good at calculating just the right drops of the noose. One big problem though was that one of the people he executed turned out to be innocent. Pierrepoint (film - Wikipedia) Timothy Evans - Wikipedia

These all or nothing scenarios seem impractical to me though. They should try to do the best with what they have whether they have the death penalty in that state or not. Victim/survivors have to accept whatever is the law in that State and hope that the State got the right person. More eyes and ears looking for justice is a good thing IMHO. And logical brains not those filled with vengeance. I know how hard that is though when a dearly beloved is the victim from my own experiences with the Mitchells and their many students and how messed up that investigation became mostly because of the community's need for closure.
I like the saying of: "Kill them all and let God sort them out."
Old 04-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Nobody in the last 30 plus years has been rushed to execution, CBS spin. IMO The laws are written by lawyer's/politicans so they get to get paid for years and years "lawyer's welfare". I've got a lot more on this subject, but will reframe my temptations.
I agree totally. Depending on their crime some of these people should not have a comfortable death.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm assuming these adult males killed someone & they were old enough to know what they were doing at the time. Having feelings for the family maybe unless this person had parents that didn't care what he (or she) did all of his growing life. The thing is there's always somebody feeling sorry for this person or their family but I could bet any amount of money if it was your family member that one of these retards killed your love one you wouldn't be having sympathy with them in your comment. Get rid of them as fast as the state can!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:47 AM

Everyone has a valid opinion in their eyes/mind however I still feel if someone is on death row it's for a valid reason. Did they care about the person(s) or the family of the person(s) who they murdered? I honestly don't believe they did.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Innocents have gone to jail, say NOLA public defenders - CBS News

There was an interesting story on the New Orleans Public Defenders on 60 Minutes last night. Food for thought anyway.

it just does not seem hard for the State of Arkansas to wait until they have a drug that works. The Founding Fathers did put a ban on "cruel and unusual" punishment in the Bill of Rights. Probably because they read history about some of the barbarities used against English prisoners like drawing and quartering and the like. Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia
Old 04-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

I say bring back the gelatin. Quick and to the point? For mass murderers face up. Naturally public defender going to say that (lawyers welfare fund), they get so much evidence thrown out I'm surprised they could convict mass murderers for J walking.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Actually it seems most cases are plea bargains and do not involve any kind of trial. At least from what I have read.

And recall what a circus the Casey Anthony case was? That was an opportunity for lawyers to make names for themselves on both sides. Often are popularity contests with the jurors. Or OJ Simpson. Both instances where the prosecutors could not prove their cases beyond a reasonable doubt. They both seemed to be the right outcomes for these trials at what was presented by both sides. Probably not the right as far as their actual guilt but the jurors have to go on what their lawyers presented to them under the stare of the Judge.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:03 AM

I agree !
Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Some deserve what they get

Some people deserve to die for their actions.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
Everyone has a valid opinion in their eyes/mind however I still feel if someone is on death row it's for a valid reason. Did they care about the person(s) or the family of the person(s) who they murdered? I honestly don't believe they did.
Really?

How about the 18 death row inmates who have been exonerated due to DNA evidence?

Louisiana death row inmate 300th prisoner freed by DNA evidence - latimes
Quote:

A Louisiana man was released from death row on Friday after serving 15 years for a crime that DNA evidence shows he did not commit.

Damon Thibodeaux, 38, was the 300th prisoner nationwide to see his conviction overturned based on DNA evidence, according to lawyers who represented him from the New York-based Innocence Project.

He was the 18th death row prisoner freed based on such evidence.
Doesn't that even make you wonder, how many other innocent people have been executed over the years...before DNA?

Do you think that those innocent people executed, is just a 'cost of doing business'... and should be accepted?

Another question for you, do you also believe that if a person is arrested, charged and brought to trial...then they must be guilty or they wouldn't be on trial?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Executions

Hi, about executions.
It is sad that we have murderers, executions, car crashes, people who are totally innocent slaughtered. But, it happens so now what? There is the State provision on the books, laws that allows executions. And, then also, we can assign life with no parole, life except not life, early release etc.
Manson was to be executed, then got life with no parole and now is having early parole considerations. So, should we feed and clothe and pamper thugs who have murdered our law abiding citizens and their children? Would you like to have Manson released into your community? How terrible it is to lose a family member who is a loving and honest individual by some POS who is skating around the punishment for years and years. The two boys, Menendez, slaughtered their parents for money, more money, they were spoiled, given everything and so they bought a shotgun and killed mom and dad who gave them life and the opportunity for happiness. Now, hey, they get married
in Jail, they get to screw some nit wit woman and have a child, maybe out of wedlock and as a taxpayer you can pay for that nonsense. On the net it shows the 7 in Arkansas and their crimes, their background, their brutality. So many folks agree as we do , put them away. They say Capital Punishment does not stop crime. OK, so show us the crime committed by someone who is executed. the majority of folks agree with Cap Punishment, so if you do not agree, fine, call the local County Sheriff and agree to house and feed and care for the next POS released under early release and be happy in your work and decisions.
Good luck to you and all the like minded persons who rely on this means of solving problems. If you really believe in your liberal policy, then don't your think you should pitch iin and give some of your valuable time to reconstructing these persons in you own home, under your wise supervision?
bbbbbb
Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi, about executions.
It is sad that we have murderers, executions, car crashes, people who are totally innocent slaughtered. But, it happens so now what? There is the State provision on the books, laws that allows executions. And, then also, we can assign life with no parole, life except not life, early release etc.
Manson was to be executed, then got life with no parole and now is having early parole considerations. So, should we feed and clothe and pamper thugs who have murdered our law abiding citizens and their children? Would you like to have Manson released into your community? How terrible it is to lose a family member who is a loving and honest individual by some POS who is skating around the punishment for years and years. The two boys, Menendez, slaughtered their parents for money, more money, they were spoiled, given everything and so they bought a shotgun and killed mom and dad who gave them life and the opportunity for happiness. Now, hey, they get married
in Jail, they get to screw some nit wit woman and have a child, maybe out of wedlock and as a taxpayer you can pay for that nonsense. On the net it shows the 7 in Arkansas and their crimes, their background, their brutality. So many folks agree as we do , put them away. They say Capital Punishment does not stop crime. OK, so show us the crime committed by someone who is executed. the majority of folks agree with Cap Punishment, so if you do not agree, fine, call the local County Sheriff and agree to house and feed and care for the next POS released under early release and be happy in your work and decisions.
Good luck to you and all the like minded persons who rely on this means of solving problems. If you really believe in your liberal policy, then don't your think you should pitch iin and give some of your valuable time to reconstructing these persons in you own home, under your wise supervision?
bbbbbb
Please go back and read post #31.

Thank you.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I say bring back the gelatin. Quick and to the point? For mass murderers face up.
Of course face up otherwise they couldn't identify the flavor /s
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	gelatin.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	67834  

Tags
drugs, execute, rushes, prisoners, arkansas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.