Automotive Dealerships

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Default Automotive Dealerships

If you have had this problem please add to this site.

I was just wondering if any one has had the same problem I have had with Jenkins Honda in Leesburg. We purchased a new Honda Pilot from then and at that same time a maintenance agreement that we then canceled two days later. Two days later we cancelled this maintenance agreement as per Jenkins instructions and we were told we would get our refund in four to six weeks. This is now over ten weeks and we have been unable to even get in touch with the Jenkins employee who sold us that policy. They must have a block on our phone number because are calls are always routed to an unanswerable extension.

We also contacted American Honda and asked them to intervene on our behalf but they could only report that they talked to Jenkins about the problem but they could go no further because the maintenance agreement was with a third party not an authorized Honda Division.

So, just be wary of this new dealership.

Richard Kimball
rkimball@thevillages.net
Old 07-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

I recently stopped at Jenkins Honda to look at the new Pilot. The salesman that greeted me gave me such a load of double talk that I just turned and left. No, I didn't talk to his manager. You only get one chance to make a first impression.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Contact seniors against crime, the BBB, and if necessary the attorney general, file complaints, that should get their attention.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkimball View Post
If you have had this problem please add to this site.

I was just wondering if any one has had the same problem I have had with Jenkins Honda in Leesburg. We purchased a new Honda Pilot from then and at that same time a maintenance agreement that we then canceled two days later. Two days later we cancelled this maintenance agreement as per Jenkins instructions and we were told we would get our refund in four to six weeks. This is now over ten weeks and we have been unable to even get in touch with the Jenkins employee who sold us that policy. They must have a block on our phone number because are calls are always routed to an unanswerable extension.

We also contacted American Honda and asked them to intervene on our behalf but they could only report that they talked to Jenkins about the problem but they could go no further because the maintenance agreement was with a third party not an authorized Honda Division.

So, just be wary of this new dealership.

Richard Kimball
rkimball@thevillages.net

Just purchased a new Accord EXL at Jenkins with no problems and better deal than other Honda dealers we talked to. We did not take the maintenance which as stated was a third party plan which we were not interested in and not Honda Care.

It is not that far to drive to Leesburg. If your calls are not being returned it may be time to drive down and talk to them in person. Jenkins has other dealerships and though they are new to Honda they are not new to this area. I doubt they are trying to make off with your maintenance plan money but you may have to talk to someone in a management position to get the ball moving.

Give Tom Formanek a call....

The newly named Jenkins Honda of Leesburg store, located at 8865 US 441 in Leesburg, joins a family of dealerships including Jenkins Hyundai of Leesburg, Leesburg Volkswagen, and in Ocala, Jenkins Acura, Jenkins Mazda, and Jenkins Hyundai of Ocala, and Jenkins Nissan of Brunswick, Ga.
“This is an amazing day for the Jenkins Auto Group,” Tom Formanek, president and CEO of JAG, said in a press release. “We are extremely proud of the relationships we’ve built in the Leesburg community over the past 10 years and are very excited to welcome Honda into our family of brands.”
Old 07-09-2015, 11:12 AM

Anyone have the phone number for Jenkins Corporate?
Old 07-09-2015, 12:29 PM

We had a similar thing happen to us at Phillips Buick on SR441. It took us eleven weeks to get our $800 refund. And we only got that after telling the owner of our frustrations. He gave us the money out of his dealership account and said he would wait for the 3rd party check. This all reflected poorly on the dealership as no one told us we were waiting on a 3rd party reimbursement until we spoke with the owner.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,943 Times in 2,462 Posts

IMO that 3 party is BS. The salesman probably gets big kickback and chances are it wouldn't pay if you had problem the Honda wouldn't honor on warranty. IMO that's why you can't get you money back the salesman sold it to you got big chunk of it. IMO the 3 party bS is for flem flam used car dealerships.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:33 PM

I don’t know why the sale closer should be selling this crap if he actually works for the dealer. They portray it as the best care possible for your car. If the dealership is selling it, it should be under their control. If I buy a shirt at Beal’s and it is junk I don’t return it to the manufacturer I return it to Beal’s. Why should this be different?

I found out from American Honda that Jenkins had never even sent the money to the Maintenance co. I think that Seniors Against Crime is probably the way to go. If Pam Bondi is up for election that may also be the way.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

OP, it sounds like that a trip to the dealer to talk person to person is warranted. That's what I would do and I would do it ASAP. The odds are this should get some "action". Be nice but firm. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:29 PM

Any third party warranty or plan sold at a car dealership is probably high profit for the dealer. In the good old days rustproofing and upholstery protectant was the add on.
You'll just have to speak with a manager at the dealership. Take names and notes on the conversation. Keep it simple. BBB anyone?
Old 07-12-2015, 03:39 PM

Have been dealing with this dealership for several years now, started when they were Blount Honda. I have never had a problem, in fact I just traded my Pilot for a new one last week. All was smooth.

I would ride up there and talk to them in person.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachx4me View Post
Have been dealing with this dealership for several years now, started when they were Blount Honda. I have never had a problem, in fact I just traded my Pilot for a new one last week. All was smooth.

I would ride up there and talk to them in person.
2016 Pilot? Is it great?
Old 07-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Veteran member

Third Party maintenance agreements are a scam. Nothing but a money maker for the salesperson. I am surprised with all the info out there that they are still able to get folks fall for this crap.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:52 AM

Most of the dealerships in this area are trying to squeeze every possible dollar out of the new-car transaction. I am always offended by dealers who "bundle" questionable-value items such as first-aid kit, unwanted "options', and most especially the "paint sealant", into every new car as it arrives. The manufacturers already cover that in the regular warranty. Greedy dealers pump the price up by $1,200 or more and show it on the window sticker automatically. It's a rip-off that's accepted by excited buyers and enables them to sometimes advertise "lower" prices for the vehicle. When challenged, they will claim that it's "policy" or whatever, and you don't have a choice. I had to go to Orlando to find a dealer not doing this. It's not illegal, but an insult to customers and certainly is done to pad profits. You have to shop around, but not all dealers do this. Service policies are just another tool they also use to enhance the profits. When shopping, don't just look at the bottom line, but check at the top of the window sticker to see what they've added in that you didn't know you wanted.
Closed Thread

Tags
honda, jenkins, maintenance, problem, agreement, days, weeks, asked, american, contacted, intervene, dealerships, behalf, extension, calls, add, rkimball@thevillages.net, unanswerable, routed, report, division, authorized, richard, wary, party

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.