The Belmont

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Sage
Default The Belmont

How would you play the trifecta with today's card? Big Brown looks so strong for first. I can't bet against him although I have boxed him in some of my exactas and trifectas. I played a wheel with him on top. I sure hope he doesn't break down today and not just because of my bets. He is so magnificent. GO BIG BROWN!!!!!
With him on top, the payout will be slimmer but a Triple Crown winner would be so wonderful.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: The Belmont

God willing and the creek don't rise, and people vote the right way, in a couple years you'll be able to go over to 301 and place a friendly wager on the race. (Assuming we all haven't been overwhelmed with criminals, bright lights, noise, and foreclosures of gambling addicted fixed income seniors.)
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Sage

Thanks to the www I can bet from home!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

well, I quit seriously playing ponies when I discovered girls (and girls cost a whole lot more LOLOL) but I always wondered about playing a heavy favorite (less than even money) when there are so many horses and so many things that can happen.

Looks like Big Brown's hurt.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Sage

What an upset!!!! I think BB is OK. Great race. The $2 exacta paid 659.00. The superfecta was over 48K for a $2 ticket.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Odds were against BB being a Triple Crown winner although I had hoped he would be the one after 3 decades. I watched the race with anticipation only to be disappointed he didn't win.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Veteran member

I was surprised at the race results but glad that BB seems to be okay. I think the jockey sensed he wasn't racing as he normally would so he didn't push him. Good guy.

What about the 9 yr old, Anthony singing "New York, New York" - great singer. Both sets of his grandparents live here in TV. He's been on Ellen a couple of times. His website is www.singeranthonyg.com
Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 AM
Sage

He sounded great.
That sure would have been a nice superfecta to win.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Eternal Member

Sunday's Orlando Slantenal, quoting Jay Leno:

"The New York Post reported Triple Crown contender Big Brown, win or lose (in Saturday's Belmont Stakes), will impregnate between 500 and 600 mares over the next four years, thus making him an honorary member of the NBA."
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Gold member

Sunday's Orlando Slantenal, quoting Jay Leno:

"The New York Post reported Triple Crown contender Big Brown, win or lose (in Saturday's Belmont Stakes), will impregnate between 500 and 600 mares over the next four years, thus making him an honorary member of the NBA."
Very Good - although with the mares - its is called selective breading - not sure about the NBA
Old 06-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Gold member

Kind of unrelated (you can nail me, Topicop!), but whenever I see Belmont, I think of the time I applied for a job where I was asked 'race' on the application, and I put down '3rd at Belmont,' just for the heck of it. I wouldn't have wanted to work in a place that was asking my race anyway....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Sage

It would have been nice for the racing industry to have another Triple Crown winner.
There's always next year.
Of course I lost all my money in this race. I now have to resort to a life of crime. :
Old 06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Lanier
Kind of unrelated (you can nail me, Topicop!), but whenever I see Belmont, I think of the time I applied for a job where I was asked 'race' on the application, and I put down '3rd at Belmont,' just for the heck of it. I wouldn't have wanted to work in a place that was asking my race anyway....
Sidney, I like your topic better anyway, so Topicop :cop: :verymad:
You are so right about asking about your "race" on an application and there was a time that it wasn't allowed. However, in the last few years, corporate America is back to asking that question, and when we refused, they claim its to "benchmark" (another corporate word) diversity issues??? hahahaha, I liked your answer better, wish I had been that clever!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Taltarzac

The 31st year in which there has not been a Triple Crown winner in 2009 will be decided-- if not before by different winning horses- on June 6, 2009. http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/future..._and_dates.htm

Like those auspicious numbers. 3-1-6.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.