Bill
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Nasty stuff.

Bill
Got that right - there are some folks who will likely not realize thier retirement dream in the Villages.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Got that right - there are some folks who will likely not realize thier retirement dream in the Villages.
Unless they're the Hostess executives! Just awful!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Default Thanks for posting

I have a brother who worked all his life for this company. He lives in a rural area and most of the residents work there.(only jobs around) None of them made any money and they worked 24/7. Sad, sad and so unfair.

That's the trouble with the little guy coming up against these unethical companies.
Even though what Hostess did was obviously wrong, the laws are written in favor of the Corps.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

This entire story is sad. How the employees were treated is non defensible in any way.

Problem I have with this story and many others of different genre, it does not report the entire story at all.

I post the below if anyone desires to read it to point out how the UNION officials are making hay as well and doing quite nicely and doing, by the way,the same kind of thing the company officials are doing.

Blog: The sweet life of Bakery Union officials

Both parties here are taking advantage of those who work for a living, but in our media, we will not see both sides, only one and it all depends where you go for your news to determine whether you ever know the truth.

Our media seems to want you to pick a side which makes it very difficult to ever solve problems because we are always fighting for whatever side got to us first.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Gold member

I was wondering where the PBGC was in all of this. But according to the article unless the pension becomes insolvent they don't step in.

Kind of defeats the purpose!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Sage

Sad,

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
This entire story is sad. How the employees were treated is non defensible in any way.

Problem I have with this story and many others of different genre, it does not report the entire story at all.

I post the below if anyone desires to read it to point out how the UNION officials are making hay as well and doing quite nicely and doing, by the way,the same kind of thing the company officials are doing.

Blog: The sweet life of Bakery Union officials

Both parties here are taking advantage of those who work for a living, but in our media, we will not see both sides, only one and it all depends where you go for your news to determine whether you ever know the truth.

Our media seems to want you to pick a side which makes it very difficult to ever solve problems because we are always fighting for whatever side got to us first.
This is why the company I help build (3600 stores) didn't come to the east coast to build stores! We run into this same type of problems with union officials around Illinois and decided not to go to the East Coast where the problems were even greater.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Very sad
Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 AM

This is a very sad story and my heart bleeds for these folks. We live in Rochester, NY and I come from a long line of family members who spent their entire careers at Kodak, who also declared bankruptcy last Januuary. Retirees are now losing their health care and life insurance as of Jan 1 and we had to hear it on the local news first. When I began there in the late 70s there were appox. 70k people employed in Rochester alone, now they are down to less than 3k. It is a sad state of affairs. However, I am fortunate to be under my husband's benefits. We still built our dream home in TV last summer when this was all going on and will be there full time eventually, but this has created a delay in our plans. I cringe each time I hear of another company going bankryprupt now.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.