Questions For One's Parent's?

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Sage
Default Questions For One's Parent's?

I'm sure there are many of us who parents have passed away and never got to talk about certain things.

I was wondering, if one could have another day or share a meal with their parents, what questions would you ask?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-21-2014, 01:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Both parents are still alive, but for my grandparents it would be all the family history, and would have videoing so everyone could listen for generations to come
Old 10-21-2014, 05:20 AM

My Mom passed away in 2006, and Dad followed her in 2010 and I don't think I would have any special questions to ask them since they answered my many questions about family history, etc. when they were living.

The person I would really want to have "one more time with" is my late 1st husband who passed away suddenly at age 49 in 2001. That one more time would not include any questions but an opportunity to tell him he was the best husband on the planet, and will continue to be loved and missed everyday for the rest of my life.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I was one of those lucky kids who could ask my parents anything and they would answer honestly. Sadly, my father died when I was twelve, so do have one question for him -- Why didn't you take better care of yourself and go see the doctor when you first had a problem??? I'm still angry at him for cheating our family of so much.

I do wish I could go back and record what my parents told me. I would love for my daughter and grandson to get to know these two wonderful people.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-21-2014, 10:58 AM

Redwitch: Sorry to hear your father died so young, I too lost my Father at the age of nine and feel cheated as anyone would, also don't be angry at him because going back in time the care we have today was not available then, doctors, etc. most people didn't go to a doctor then unless very sick. in the area I came from.
As far as asking questions I have none I just wish he was hear to see me graduate, serve my country, see me raise a family and what I have accomplished .
To the fortunate people who have parents enjoy them now.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

When going through my mom's jewelry after she died, I saw something she used to wear all the time. It's a lion's head pendant. I wish I knew the significance of it. There is also a picture of her father as a young man with another man in the picture. This framed picture hung on her wall in the living room. I wish I could ask her who the other man in the picture is. I've asked my dad and sadly, we are both clueless, even though we saw both items almost daily. It just never occurred to me to ask.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM

I would ask my dad why didn't he stop drinking alcohol sooner. He died when I was 4 of Cirrhosis.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 AM
Sage

I have no parents nor even an aunt or uncle living. So many questions I wish I had asked.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My mother died eight days after my birth. My grandmother who was my mother then, died when I was twelve.

I would ask each of them.."I wonder if I have done this right, all of this living, and all of my choices. Would you like what I have done?"

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-22-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Sage

My mom passed away in 1997; I was fortunate to have had her with me until I was 37. My two oldest nieces were quite young at the time. My youngest niece had not been born yet. I would say to my mom that she must be happy at how well her granddaughters have turned out. I would also ask my mom to watch over her granddaughter Skyler as she starts her teenage years in a couple of months, her granddaughter Amber as she starts her nursing career and her granddaughter Ashley as she starts graduate school in January.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 10-22-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.