Blueberries at Heather Oaks Farm

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Julie
Thumbs up Blueberries at Heather Oaks Farm

My friend and I recently discovered we could pick our own organic blueberries only three miles from TV at a place called Heather Oaks Farm. They also have fresh berries for sale which are already picked for those who prefer not to pick their own.

Heather Oaks Farm also grows blackberries, grapes, irises and sell honey. I'm not sure when their seasons begin as I'm still learning the produce seasons in Florida, but can tell you blueberries are in season NOW.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.heatheroaksfarm.com/ Telephone numbers (352)753-1184 or (352)516-4986

Directions: Travelling EB on Rolling Acres road, cross Hwy 27/441, turn rt on Griffin Ave (Rd behind Home Depot), Drive about 3 miles when you come to a "T" intersection at Gray's Airport Rd turn right. Heather Oaks Farm is about 100 yards down on the left.

Happy Picking!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Sage

Thank you, Julie. I think we're heading out there today!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage

Thanks Julie.... Mr 07 likes his blueberries on cereal and we've been looking for a (closer) local source. This should fit the bill.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:08 AM

WOW!! Thank you for this info!!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Been there and picked blueberries. Great!!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
My friend and I recently discovered we could pick our own organic blueberries only three miles from TV at a place called Heather Oaks Farm. They also have fresh berries for sale which are already picked for those who prefer not to pick their own.

Heather Oaks Farm also grows blackberries, grapes, irises and sell honey. I'm not sure when their seasons begin as I'm still learning the produce seasons in Florida, but can tell you blueberries are in season NOW.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.heatheroaksfarm.com/ Telephone numbers (352)753-1184 or (352)516-4986

Directions: Travelling EB on Rolling Acres road, cross Hwy 27/441, turn rt on Griffin Ave (Rd behind Home Depot), Drive about 3 miles when you come to a "T" intersection at Gray's Airport Rd turn right. Heather Oaks Farm is about 100 yards down on the left.

Happy Picking!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Julie,

Thank you for the information about the blueberries. When we lived in Pensacola we use to go to a blueberry farm where we could pick our own.
Do you know of any place close to TV where you can pick your own tomatoes and strawberries?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We picked blueberries today and it was lovely. We also purchased local honey. The owners are very nice people and we enjoyed outselves immensely. Thank you Julie.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
Julie,

Thank you for the information about the blueberries. When we lived in Pensacola we use to go to a blueberry farm where we could pick our own.
Do you know of any place close to TV where you can pick your own tomatoes and strawberries?
Hi Halle,

They do have a few tomato plants which should be ready sometime next month. I'm not sure they have enough for u-pick, although they should have some fresh picked once they're ripe.

As Duffysmom said, the owners are very nice. I signed up for their e-mail list which they said they would be sending e-mails regarding in-season fresh produce.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Julie
Smile Prices Reduced

My friends and I went blueberry picking yesterday and found out that the price per pound for blueberries have been cut in half! They are now $2/lb for u-pick berries. Maria, one of the owners, told us she expects there to be berries for two and possibly three more weeks.

For those blackberry lovers out there, blackberry season begins late May.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.