Boll and Branch sheets

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2019, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post

The price I originally quoted from eBay was $140.00 for brand new Boll and Branch king size sheets . . . brand new, not used.

How could you possibly equate brand new sheets with a used toothbrush??? And isn't any purchase a person makes "personal?"

All listings on eBay are very clear as to the condition of what is being sold. While there are a few different variations of an item being new, the listings are very clear and if you can read English you won't have a problem.

In my mind, a set of brand new sheets for $140.00 compared to what the manufacturer is selling them for is a no brainer no matter how you look at it!

I totally agree with you. I am going to purchase them on EBAY. Manufacturers have closeouts. Could be a discontinued color. I purchase many items on EBAY and they have always been as described.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I totally agree with you. I am going to purchase them on EBAY. Manufacturers have closeouts. Could be a discontinued color. I purchase many items on EBAY and they have always been as described.

I have been on eBay almost since it began. I have thousands of 100% feedbacks so I know what I'm speaking about.

While many sellers have a return policy, you are still well protected by eBay's policies for buyers.

Good for you; you sound like a smart shopper. Over $100 is better in your pocket than not. Please post a comment as to how you made out when you receive your purchase. I'd be curious to hear how your transaction went.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

It’s odd to me that the EBay description says brand new but then goes on to say they come from a pet free, smoke free home.

Brand New With Tags Boll and Branch 100% Organic Cotton Hemmed Collection Ivory Queen sheet set. From a Smoke and pet free home Boll & Branch’s signature Hemmed Collection Each Hemmed Sheet Set includes: One Queen Flat Sheet One Queen Fitted Sheet Two Standard pillowcases.

I buy from EBay all the time but this description put me off a bit. Ali so no cost differences between queen and king size.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default pet free

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
It’s odd to me that the EBay description says brand new but then goes on to say they come from a pet free, smoke free home.

Brand New With Tags Boll and Branch 100% Organic Cotton Hemmed Collection Ivory Queen sheet set. From a Smoke and pet free home Boll & Branch’s signature Hemmed Collection Each Hemmed Sheet Set includes: One Queen Flat Sheet One Queen Fitted Sheet Two Standard pillowcases.

I buy from EBay all the time but this description put me off a bit. Ali so no cost differences between queen and king size.
The seller has many sets and they are stored in their home. I truly believe they are brand new. When I receive them I will post.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:28 PM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post

It would appear that you probably don't make purchases on eBay that frequently.

If you make purchases on eBay "all the time" you would know that may sellers are individuals and not an actual business. These people make purchases to specifically resell items on eBay. This is commonplace and I would venture to say there probably are more individual sellers of this type than actual businesses.

Being aware of this you would already know why a "new" item could come from a smoke and pet free home.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Platinum member

just a follow up. I bought the organic cotton boll and branch sheets and didn't realize they had also have percale sheets. when they came I washed them and they were incredibly soft, but I prefer a more crisp feel. so I initiated a return for the ones I got on line, and it was no problem returning with no shipping fees. I have since ordered the percale so will see how they are. but anyone who is afraid of getting them and not liking them can rest assured they can return within 30 days no cost. also promo code "RADIO" gets you 25% off.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

If you want crispy, cool sheets at a reasonable price, and want to order them separately rather than in a set, see these at the Company Store.

Company Cotton(R) Percale Sheets & Bedding | The Company Store

You can buy a set or separately. We use king sheets, a percale duvet cover that doubles as a top sheet (like most hotels), and queen pillowslips. They are sooooooo crispy and cool. I love the plain white. Once I discovered these, I've stopped looking elsewhere. I really don't like soft sheets. I want cool and crisp.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
just a follow up. I bought the organic cotton boll and branch sheets and didn't realize they had also have percale sheets. when they came I washed them and they were incredibly soft, but I prefer a more crisp feel. so I initiated a return for the ones I got on line, and it was no problem returning with no shipping fees. I have since ordered the percale so will see how they are. but anyone who is afraid of getting them and not liking them can rest assured they can return within 30 days no cost. also promo code "RADIO" gets you 25% off.

Thanks for your post. We used these for the first time last night. While very soft, to me, they somehow felt scratchy. We had had The Hotel Collection on our bed (from Macy’s I think), which I love but thought the BB ones would be even better. IMO, not so. I initiated a return as well. I look forward to your “percale” report.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I wonder what happens to the sheets that someone, anyone sends back to Boll & Branch? Do they burn them? Do they give them to employees? Do they sell them to people with Smoke & Pet Free Houses who then resell them at a reduced price? That sounds like a reasonable assumption although I have no Concrete Proof. Which brings us back to the main point that the OP was asking. They are fantastic, wonderful but as you already know not cheap and not for everyone which is cool. We have also learned that there are alternative ways to purchase them at a much better price if you are inclined to do so.

If this was Let's Make A Deal, Door #1 Boll & Branch Direct, Most Expensive Route. Door#2 eBay at a reduced price for some reason that we can only assume what that reason truly is. Door #3 Garage Sale, Estate Sale, Family Member or Friend Wills Boll & Branch to you. I would pick Door #1 Each and Every Time Monty Hall! I like New, Undoubtedly Brand New. If I did pick Door #3 I would sell them at a reduced rate on eBay. Happy Snoozing!

The ones CFrance mentioned sound great to me. CFrance were they from the Manufacturer or eBay? I would buy them but we're all set now the new White Queen Size Set with two Extra Pillowcases Showed up today. Beautiful. I guess we answered the OP the hard way!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I wonder what happens to the sheets that someone, anyone sends back to Boll & Branch? Do they burn them? Do they give them to employees? Do they sell them to people with Smoke & Pet Free Houses who then resell them at a reduced price? That sounds like a reasonable assumption although I have no Concrete Proof. Which brings us back to the main point that the OP was asking. They are fantastic, wonderful but as you already know not cheap and not for everyone which is cool. We have also learned that there are alternative ways to purchase them at a much better price if you are inclined to do so.

If this was Let's Make A Deal, Door #1 Boll & Branch Direct, Most Expensive Route. Door#2 eBay at a reduced price for some reason that we can only assume what that reason truly is. Door #3 Garage Sale, Estate Sale, Family Member or Friend Wills Boll & Branch to you. I would pick Door #1 Each and Every Time Monty Hall! I like New, Undoubtedly Brand New. If I did pick Door #3 I would sell them at a reduced rate on eBay. Happy Snoozing!

The ones CFrance mentioned sound great to me. CFrance were they from the Manufacturer or eBay? I would buy them but we're all set now the new White Queen Size Set with two Extra Pillowcases Showed up today. Beautiful. I guess we answered the OP the hard way!
I agree with the Door No. 1 option. They must be comfortable, because it looks like you feel asleep before finishing your post.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

I wondered the same thing. I bet there are lots of charities that can put them to good use. That would be my guess.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I wondered the same thing. I bet there are lots of charities that can put them to good use. That would be my guess.
Sounds good to me. Add that to the pile of possibilities.

We're on the Verge of Buying the NEW Mattress from them. Great CompanZZZzzzzzz!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:41 PM
fw102807

We have Charlie Brown sheets. They make me smile.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
We have Charlie Brown sheets. They make me smile.
Boll and Brown!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Talking

OK, I have to admit it, I'm cracking the heck up at some of the comments...in this thread.

Especially the ones comparing used sheets...to used toothbrushes.

I wonder how many people actually believe, that a hotel buys a new set of sheets for each room...for each new nightly customer?

Or have ever stayed overnight at a friend's house and think the friend went out and bought a new set of sheets just for you...then threw them away after you left?

Or have had a guest at your own house and you bought a new set of sheets...and threw them out after they left?

Here's a newsflash, they have these new-fangled gadgets...called 'washers & dryers.'

Here's a pic if you've never previously seen one, or either, of them.

And what's really cool...is they even make matching sets!

These are like mine, that I bought from Costco (I LOVE Costco)...for a really good price.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Costco washer and dryer.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	79460  

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-04-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
sheets, worth, money, purchased, branch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.