Bonus day for spam emails

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2023, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
Perhaps you can share what he did…
No idea, he takes over screen my arrow moves like lightning, pages flip, firewalls pop up with bright colors.

All the while he is sitting in his dorm room describing the snow falling 35 degrees can’t leave for home until Christmas Eve because his secret project is due. Most Coders are in a world of their own at least he has a personality.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:01 AM

I posted this once before ... seems like a good time to post again. NEVER "unsubscribe". If you hover over those links, most often they are suspect. Always click SPAM. Even if you are sure it's a legitimate business, if you no longer want their emails, click SPAM.

I learned this the hard way. Hope this saves someone a lot of aggravation.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

If you have Apple accounts you can configure rules to send an email to your spam folder or just delete it. 99.99% of my spam emails go automatically to my spam folder. Also, never join a site using your real email. There are many ways to do this. If you do this you will never be put in a situation where you can’t unsubscribe from a site.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
No idea, he takes over screen my arrow moves like lightning, pages flip, firewalls pop up with bright colors.

All the while he is sitting in his dorm room describing the snow falling 35 degrees can’t leave for home until Christmas Eve because his secret project is due. Most Coders are in a world of their own at least he has a personality.
Our son does the same thing. He installed something on our laptops that allows us to give him permission to take it over. We have to send a code or some such.

One time he rearranged my email folders so that his folder (J) came before his brother's (D)! "Oh, gee, I don't know how that happened!"

The other thing he's good at is consolidating remotes.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Usually I have about 20-30 spam crap a month, with a email account that only used for public accounts.

This morning I had 18 non delivery Fedex….13 UPS…27 I win a gift card…and 8 emails I have anywhere from 1 million to 18 million in a forgotten account. My Mastercard and pay pal account need new activation (have neither)

And my amazon account has been put on hold for suspicious activity.

That’s a lot of spam in one day. Bet the Prince is awaiting my panicked email or phone call

My other two email accounts have 3 and 1. So my guess up is some company got hacked and exploded my email. Time to delete and start again
I alway click on email address of any spam and block . In some cases the “to “ lists someone else’s email and I block that . I don’t click on any of the email . They must be sending billions of spam emails a day across America. A sad world we live in that a few can spoil it for the silent majority of good people.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Well I think I only had 1 scam message as far as recall & it was a package, & I really think it was a scam because I kept getting the same message for almost a yr. They kept telling me they try to deliver it but now they need more information. I told them I never ordered anything from this foreign country & told them to leave it or send it back because I didn’t want it & to this day I can’t remember ever ordering anything. Maybe they got the message & quit sending me this same picture of a box. So if you keep getting these scam messages just keep deleting them, all they want is your personal information!
Old 12-19-2023, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Usually I have about 20-30 spam crap a month, with a email account that only used for public accounts.

This morning I had 18 non delivery Fedex….13 UPS…27 I win a gift card…and 8 emails I have anywhere from 1 million to 18 million in a forgotten account. My Mastercard and pay pal account need new activation (have neither)

And my amazon account has been put on hold for suspicious activity.

That’s a lot of spam in one day. Bet the Prince is awaiting my panicked email or phone call

My other two email accounts have 3 and 1. So my guess up is some company got hacked and exploded my email. Time to delete and start again
No they just sold or shared you email address on World Wide Web cause you agreed to their terms.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
If you have Apple accounts you can configure rules to send an email to your spam folder or just delete it. 99.99% of my spam emails go automatically to my spam folder. Also, never join a site using your real email. There are many ways to do this. If you do this you will never be put in a situation where you can’t unsubscribe from a site.
Scammers have many ways to get your email address. And they make their email look like a legitimate business. There is no way to ensure you never get an email that has a scam address buried in the "unsubscribe" button.

I don't want to create an argument. Just hope this email helps at least one person. Click SPAM. Not "unsubscribe".
Old 12-19-2023, 12:39 PM
Default emails

Yes, for some reason, I've received approx. 50 emails today welcoming me to their sites, etc., etc. Never had this before.
Closed Thread

Tags
account, email, spam, accounts, emails

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.