Drive more, save jobs.

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Sage
Default Drive more, save jobs.

I keep reading stories in the Daily Sun about the overabundance of gasoline and how it might eventually curtail many drilling operations. Whole towns have been upgraded in anticipation of more drilling activity that may never happen if prices keep falling.

In your opinion, would it be wise to encourage people to start driving more?
Back when I was a kid, our whole family would go for a Sunday drive. Should we start or bring that back?

Should we bring back "The Dukes of Hazzard" days? Yahoo! Yee-haw! Start your muscle-cars men and spin those wheels!! :-)
Old 01-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Actually today's musclecar gets great gas mileage, the new Corvette gets right at 30 MPG

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I keep reading stories in the Daily Sun about the overabundance of gasoline and how it might eventually curtail many drilling operations. Whole towns have been upgraded in anticipation of more drilling activity that may never happen if prices keep falling.

Back when I was a kid, our whole family would go for a Sunday drive. Should we start or bring that back?

Should we bring back "The Dukes of Hazzard" days? Yahoo! Yee-haw! Start your muscle-cars men and spin those wheels!! :-)
You can't be serious! You're only about 60 years behind the times.
The Dukes of Hazzard? Yee-Haw? I think I may pass out!

The country survived when prices reached astronomical highs
and the country will survive even if prices drop a little more.

BTW -- We have no "whole families" living here.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

VP Your heart's certainly in the right place. I see the present situation allowing people (whether whole or half or third) to take a "Sunday drive" (any day)without the expense of gas gnawing at them. It's excellent time together to explore and share memories without the television. Get a good chance to talk with each other.

My wife loves to "get lost," meaning just go down different unknown roads etc. I'm more of aa 'planner,' but we do both depending upon who's driving.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Sage

Did you ever think we would be having a conversation about too much oil and how we should waste it for the benefit of society? I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post

You can fill my tank each week if that would help.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
VP Your heart's certainly in the right place. I see the present situation allowing people (whether whole or half or third) to take a "Sunday drive" (any day)without the expense of gas gnawing at them. It's excellent time together to explore and share memories without the television. Get a good chance to talk with each other.

My wife loves to "get lost," meaning just go down different unknown roads etc. I'm more of aa 'planner,' but we do both depending upon who's driving.
We love to explore....when not much is going on we jump in the car and leave the dome to explore the back roads and small towns around us. Or we head to the Cape, drive to coast and explore A1A. Florida is a new adventure and we are enjoying it.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Sage

My son has worked for many years aboard a supply ship off Louisiana that delivers diesel to oil drilling platforms. They just took delivery of a brand new ship with dynamic positioning. Please buy lots of gas.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.