Buyer Beware

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2021, 09:03 AM
Post Buyer Beware

I would like to advise my neighbors of an offer that could be costly to them. In yesterday's Daily Sun there was an ad for free CBD Oil. I'm not certain if this is the same company ( Green Mountain Hemp) that I received a similar type offer from, but I thought I'd share my bad experience with you so you don't fall into the same trap.
I have extreme back pain and saw an ad online for "free CBD oil", only cost shipping and handling. In the fine print if you don't cancel in 15 days they bill you full amount and automatically send you the next shipment. By the time you blink you're into a couple hundred $$$. By the way, the product gave me no relief.
Again not sure if this is the same company, but if you decide to buy this inquire as to the details of "free". Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

As a wise man once said "Aint no Free Lunch".

Gotta watch the small print.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

always double check the fine print on "free" stuff
Old 04-26-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

On the other hand, as far as I know, My Hemp Solutions still offers a few different sample sizes of a variety of products. It's not a mail-order website (though I'm pretty sure you can order it from them and have it delivered). It's an actual store on 441 on the way to Walmart, behind Tropical Smoothie and the car wash.

Very nice folks there, they have a good selection and a few different brands - they even sell Dr. Bronners' soap products. I sometimes use the CBD "Rapid Cooling Cream" when my back muscles feel sore. That's a MedTerra brand product, they have a full line of the stuff.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,154 Times in 2,250 Posts

OP, contact your credit card company, you might be able to contest these charges.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile No Such Thing

There is no such thing as being "free"! When constructing the prices for something what is built in is a price which includes a second item included in the purchase! That is part of the profit and loss statement. Net: When you buy something that says it is in some way
"free" it has already been assumed in the pricing and you are still paying for it. It is a natural way of pricing and not a rip off.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,727 Times in 5,249 Posts

Whenever you need to provide a credit card number, it is not free.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There is no such thing as being "free"! When constructing the prices for something what is built in is a price which includes a second item included in the purchase! That is part of the profit and loss statement. Net: When you buy something that says it is in some way
"free" it has already been assumed in the pricing and you are still paying for it. It is a natural way of pricing and not a rip off.
It's free if you don't end up actually buying another one.

I get free samples from the freeosk kiosk at Walmart every week. I've never actually purchased Dude Wipes, or Sun Butter, or Tabasco sauce, or Tide Pods. But it's great getting the freebies.
Closed Thread

Tags
free, company, oil, cbd, offer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.