Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts
Default In case you missed it

The Villages Florida

Twitter removes, then restores Florida Surgeon General's warning tweet

Guidance for Mrna COVID-19 Vaccine | Florida Department of Health
Old 10-12-2022, 01:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Please explain why I should even care. Can I affect it? Can I solve it? Nope. Got enough issues without someone trying to add more.

If folks(good folks mind you)find something that bothers them that can't be affected by others please let it go. If you've nothing else to do but post things that cause angst to anyone you aren't doing them any favors. Thank you.

STAY AWAY FROM TWITTER!!!!
Old 10-12-2022, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

Thanks for the info, very interesting.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

Seems like everything about the covid vax was fake.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Seems like everything about the covid vax was fake.
Well - maybe it is because everything evolved.

As cited in the publication Florida Health Dept. referenced, COVID is no longer the threat it was.

According to the publication, due to new therapies, natural immunity and vaccines, the risk of COVID infection today is so low the MRNA vaccines may have more Myocarditis risk to that age group than the disease.

There now are more traditional non MRNA vaccines that may be more appropriate to that risk group.

Things change.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:28 AM

Good for our Surgeon General for speaking up. And shame on Twitter, the censoring is unbelievable.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Please explain why I should even care. Can I affect it? Can I solve it? Nope. Got enough issues without someone trying to add more.

If folks(good folks mind you)find something that bothers them that can't be affected by others please let it go. If you've nothing else to do but post things that cause angst to anyone you aren't doing them any favors. Thank you.

Most of the news falls into the category you define. I guess you never read the news or watch television news?
Old 10-14-2022, 05:44 AM
Location: Wyoming born, Texan by choice, Motorcoach wander and now Glenbrook village

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Well - maybe it is because everything evolved.

As cited in the publication Florida Health Dept. referenced, COVID is no longer the threat it was.

According to the publication, due to new therapies, natural immunity and vaccines, the risk of COVID infection today is so low the MRNA vaccines may have more Myocarditis risk to that age group than the disease.

There now are more traditional non MRNA vaccines that may be more appropriate to that risk group.

Things change.
Actually they never did a comprehensive study to weigh the risks, especially in young people. There was never a great risk for children or healthy (especially young adults). It's always been the elderly and immune compromised. The point of the article was the jab is a higher risk than covid, always has been. There is nothing wrong for high risk people to take but the young and healthy were never at great risk. And please don't point out the exception to the rule of the 20 year old that died because I know just as many elderly with health issues that lived through covid.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

This is odd. The Florida Surgeon General “can’t be silent about the truth” that there is an increased risk of cardiac problems among men aged 18-39 during the four weeks after they get an mRNA COVID vaccination. This is a bit like the calumny about The Villages having a high rate of STIs, when it was based on an increase of a much smaller number than in the surrounding areas.

To make sense of this, you have to read the eight page unpublished anonymous paper linked at the bottom of the second link above. In this case the number in this age group was increased a little, but it was still less than one tenth the number of cardiac problems in the 40-59 age group, which was not considered unusual. Again: cardiac problems are unusual among 18-39 year old men, and if they go up slightly, they are still only a tenth as many as 40-59 year old men and perhaps 3% as common as among men 60 and older.

The study also says this, which the Florida Surgeon General conveniently failed to mention: “Risk for both all-cause and cardiac-related deaths was substantially higher 28 days following COVID-19 infection. The risk associated with mRNA vaccination should be weighed against the risk associated with COVID-19 infection.” What does that mean? Yes, men in that age group have a very slightly increased chance of cardiac problems for a month after getting vaccinated, but if they DO get COVID, even a mild case, their chances are much higher!

Do your homework! Don’t just grab a headline and assume that it is true. In this case, the Florida Surgeon General is publishing something true but not very significant while failing to mention things in the same study that are much more significant.
1) There is a statistically significant risk increase of cardiac-related death only for one month among one group that has very little cardiac-related death—not for the rest of us.
2) The risk for that group and all others is substantially higher if they get COVID than if they get vaccinated.

I’m disappointed that the Florida Surgeon General would do this. How many lives will be lost because of his stunt?

Last edited by MandoMan; 10-14-2022 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Most of the news falls into the category you define. I guess you never read the news or watch television news?
Most of the so called news was fake news coming from cnn/msnbc and others. There was so much corruption going on so hospitals and health centers can make more $$$. Look at California and Oregon today, they are still pushing the Covid theatrics.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:28 AM
Default Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post

Why should we care? That’s easy - so we can vote effectively at each election.

Twitter censorship is a problem because it makes finding the truth more difficult.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srswans View Post
Why should we care? That’s easy - so we can vote effectively at each election.

Twitter censorship is a problem because it makes finding the truth more difficult.
Twitter (Facebook, social media in general) is NOT news…. It is the Wild West where you can say pretty much anything you want. Much like forums :-)

If you make your voting decisions based on Social Media.. well, just look around.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Florida and Surgeon General......Boy is that a contradiction of terms!
Old 10-14-2022, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

The statement from the state's surgeon general was based on unpublished data internal to the health department. Only broad numbers have been made available. But others have reviewed the methodology he used to reach his errant conclusion.
Serious flaws have been identified including

1. There were very few deaths in the age group and there was absolutely no consideration of how many lives were saved and health protected by getting a vaccine.

Example: I review all drownings while inside an automobile an extremely rare evet. I discover that, oh lordy, that people wearing seat belts are more likely to die than those who were unbelted. Then I announce to great fanfare, that as an official government authority on staying alive, you should not wear a seat belt. I have failed to include in my analysis any other benefit vs risk that a seat belt might provide. This is exactly what the surgeon general did.

2. The surgeon general failed to have the medical records of these few cases of cardiac deaths examined. Were these people with pre-existing cardiac conditions? If so his recommendation might have been to be cautious about getting the vaccine if you have pre-existing disease A, B, or C not a general statement. Again even if you are known to have cardiomyopathy... would being vaccinated prevent more deaths than it causes? That is very important and ignored by the surgeon general.

You can find fairly detailed discussions online. It is shameful that our chief medical officer has carelessly made a suggestion that is not science based as his data is incomplete and his analysis in failing to consider any benefit to offset any risk is deeply, profoundly, dangerous to the public health.

The actual paper, unlike the surgeon general's tweet, is available

HERE
In that paper you will read lots of precautionary comments about how they know the data is flawed
Quote:
"this method has been used to assess risk of death following COVID-19 vaccination,
it violates the assumption that an event does not affect subsequent exposure (for mRNA vaccines), which may introduce bias."
They admit they do not know why the patient died
Quote:
This study cannot determine the causative nature of a participant’s death. ..., the underlying cause of death may not be cardiac-related.
There are many similar statements, cautions about interpretation of the methods and about drawing any conclusion from what they had available to date.

Consider the difference in these two statements:

A. We have found a small increased risk of cardiac death in the age range 18 to 39 in males shortly after mRNA vaccines. We are doing more investigation of these cases and will provide further information transparently as well as risk vs benefit for that population segment

B. We have found a small increased risk of death in the age range 18 to 39 in males shortly after mRNA vaccines. The Florida Health Dept does not recommend you get the shot.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:57 AM
Sage

Thanks for weighing in Blueash, much appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
case, missed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.