When tinfoil hats are not enough---UFOs?

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default When tinfoil hats are not enough---UFOs?

Anyone else believe in UFOs? I agree with that genius Stephen Hawking who thinks that they are out there but they would probably be hostile if they visited us in force. I cannot see an intelligent species on some other planet who also have peaceful intentions even bothering to come to earth with the amount of environmental and political problems we have here on this planet. Earth would just be too violent and dirty a place to stay for a peaceful species from outer space.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Spa...ry?id=10478157

Other good links-- http://gizmodo.com/5875481/the-possi...rdinarily-high
http://discovermagazine.com/topics/s...rrestrial-life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life
http://www.space.com/14295-alien-lif...arf-stars.html
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Sage
Default This is a very interesting development about UFOs.

Russian Roswell UFO Debris Is Part Of Area 51 Exhibit At National Atomic Testing Museum
Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

A few years back we had this very discussion on TOTV. I said it then and I will say it now in august 1969 at about 3:00 PM on bright sunny day with blue sky and no clouds I was on my way from work. I was on a road named Short Cut because it was connected two state highways.

I saw a bright shiny object from my left and immediately pulled onto the left shoulder of the road. By the time that I exited my car and in the distance perhaps a mile or less was a giantic spacecraft just hovering over a hill and blocking out the horizon. I did not see any lights, nor windows and absoultely no sound. It was as if I was underneath a giantic stainless steel bowl.

It occured to me that I had a camera in my car that I used in association with my biusines. I reached in the window grabbed the camera and while aiming that crafted lifted so quickly and left making a back ward Z that I never had time to get off a photo.

I never told my wife about this encounter until 1973. To this day she is afraid of rdicule and asks me not to talk about it.

I know what I saw. It was real. It was a real______you fill in the blanks all I know is I have never tol this day witness an aircraft that could move in such a lighting fast manner. I was spellbound.

OK now you can have your fun with me.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
in august 1969 at about 3:00 PM on bright sunny day with blue sky and no clouds
I saw a bright shiny object...in the distance...was a giantic SPACECRAFT hovering over a hill and blocking out the horizon. I did not see any lights, nor windows and absoultely no sound. It was as if I was underneath a giantic stainless steel bowl.
craft lifted so quickly and left making a back ward Z that I never had time to get off a photo.

I know what I saw. It was real. It was a real______you fill in the blanks all I know is I have never tol this day witness an aircraft that could move in such a lighting fast manner. I was spellbound.
...will not make fun of you....Just wish I was with you and could have seen it myself.
....Fill IN the BLANK............"Exciting"

...Just wondering....were you anywhere NEAR High Voltage OVERHEAD Transmission Lines (HVOTL)???.

I personally know of at least 4 others who have seen objects at NIGHT hovering VERY near the HVOTL Tower ....described as at least 250 feet across and 50 feet high....with a white hot looking beam directed at the HVOTL Tower. {We have similar HVOTL towers running along the Lake Co. - Sumter Co. line .....and thru the Villages.} Each person saw them at NIGHT and also described a band of light about 6 feet high between the top and bottom halves of the object.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
A few years back we had this very discussion on TOTV. I said it then and I will say it now in august 1969 at about 3:00 PM on bright sunny day with blue sky and no clouds I was on my way from work. I was on a road named Short Cut because it was connected two state highways.

I saw a bright shiny object from my left and immediately pulled onto the left shoulder of the road. By the time that I exited my car and in the distance perhaps a mile or less was a giantic spacecraft just hovering over a hill and blocking out the horizon. I did not see any lights, nor windows and absoultely no sound. It was as if I was underneath a giantic stainless steel bowl.

It occured to me that I had a camera in my car that I used in association with my biusines. I reached in the window grabbed the camera and while aiming that crafted lifted so quickly and left making a back ward Z that I never had time to get off a photo.

I never told my wife about this encounter until 1973. To this day she is afraid of rdicule and asks me not to talk about it.

I think you're very lucky to have seen a UFO. Was there anything in the press about other sightings in August 1969 in that area?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 PM

Yeah Rubicon, I saw something similar that summer also. Could it be a coincidence ?

Woodstock Music & Art Fair (informally, Woodstock or The Woodstock Festival) was a music festival, billed as "An Aquarian Exposition: 3 Days of Peace & Music". It was held at Max Yasgur's 600-acre dairy farm in the Catskills near the hamlet of White Lake in the town of Bethel, New York, from August 15 to August 18, 1969. Bethel, in Sullivan County, is 43 miles (69 km) southwest of the town of Woodstock, New York, in adjoining Ulster County.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist being it was the same year, 1969.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 AM

All this fuss about UFO's. Lets get some facts. Traveling at or near the speed of light how long do you think it would take for an object to travel from the nearest solar system to us. The answer is longer then we are alive and several generations of travel.

May be you think the UFO's are in our system OK. Lets say they are. If they are capable to travel at the speed needed and have some type of ship to get them here. They would also have the tech. knowledge to be able to view and examine us without landing. They would not interact with us because that would change the study of how we live and react to things. Basicly once you know that they are there the study is over.
You need to understand that if someone or some thing can get here they know a lot more then we do.
You now have three choices you can believe. One if you really saw a visitor you are probably on their menu. Or two what you saw was not anything more then wishful dreaming, something that was caused by us on this planet. Or Three you saw one of our governmental leadership landing. For sure they come from another place they sure don't care about the people on this planet.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
All this fuss about UFO's. Lets get some facts. Traveling at or near the speed of light how long do you think it would take for an object to travel from the nearest solar system to us. The answer is longer then we are alive and several generations of travel.

May be you think the UFO's are in our system OK. Lets say they are. If they are capable to travel at the speed needed and have some type of ship to get them here. They would also have the tech. knowledge to be able to view and examine us without landing. They would not interact with us because that would change the study of how we live and react to things. Basicly once you know that they are there the study is over.
You need to understand that if someone or some thing can get here they know a lot more then we do.
You now have three choices you can believe. One if you really saw a visitor you are probably on their menu. Or two what you saw was not anything more then wishful dreaming, something that was caused by us on this planet. Or Three you saw one of our governmental leadership landing. For sure they come from another place they sure don't care about the people on this planet.
Not saying I understand the physics involved but there is a possibility that a spacecraft could travel faster than the speed of light. Faster-than-light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Gold member

Just waiting for the Mother Ship to come back and take us all back home, or some of you any way. Mostly our elected criminals, they surely are from another planet.

On a serious side, I do believe that there is life on other planets. Some will be way more advanced that us and some will be way behind us. Can you go faster than the speed of light, well we can't as of yet, but who is to say that, that technology has not been invented someplace else. I will reserve judgement until it is proved one way or another, and greet the visitors will all due respect.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

The one and only time I thought I saw a space craft, I was 18 years old and parking in the General Electirc parking lot waiting for my father to get out of work. The car was facing south and when I looked out my door window to the east I thought I saw a bright saucer looking object in the window. I rolled down the window and it disappeared. So I rolled up the window back up and it was back there as quickly as it disappeared when I rolled the window down.

It took me a minuted, but I finally figured out what it was. Can you guess? Well it turned out to be that I just happened to be positioned just right to be seeing a reflection in the window from one of the parking light structure's light globes on the west side of the vehicle. Just in case I do encounter an alien visitor in the future, I thing I'll start carrying a guest book and ask them to sign it!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Sage
Default More on UFOs.

NASA UFO Files Revealed On Science Channel Special
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

I haven't seen one, but I don't discount anything.

So many things we "earthlings" believed and learned that we were so very wrong.

We are still learning and discovering. I would like to keep my mind open to all possibilities.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage
Default Interesting link about UFOs.

UFOs Over Russia: Mysterious Sights Spotted In St. Petersburg Sky
Old 05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Sage
Default Close Encounter of the Art Kind.

Alien Abduction Stories Inspire Photographer Steven Hirsch (PHOTOS)
Old 05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
The Villages Florida
Just thought I'd borrow your spaceship to set the mood for a poem I wrote on 05/09/2001. Thanks.

Traveling To Infinity:

If you're in a cozy spacecraft,
traveling at the speed of light,
on your way to find infinity,
hang in there just sit tight.

You'll know it when you get there,
turn left and then turn right,
another trillion light-years,
hang in there just sit tight.

You've got your protein snacks, and tangerines,
soy dogs, almonds, and this and that,
you've got some books and magazines,
even your sister's cat.

So full speed ahead to infinity,
it's somewhere 'round the bend,
it could be in this vicinity,
good luck, Godspeed my friend.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.