Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
The prosecutor ascertained in cross of the Police Sgt Computer expert , who read the logs of the computer searches, that the search for chloroform occured 3 seconds prior to a myspace search on the same computer. Cindy previously testified that she has never had a myspace account. Bottom line, the person searching for chloroform was also the person searching for myspace. I think Cindy just committed perjury.
You don’t need to have a MySpace account to be able to use it for a search. See for yourself.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:06 AM

jblum, I heard yesterday that the lawyers were doing this pro bono. Is that not true?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I am curious, how Casey can sit there, stone faced while her mom takes the brunt of the computer searches...She is such a mean person!! There is not an ounce of remorse on her part for all she did...
Donna, if you google "Sociopath", you'll find that Casey fits the definition in every way! No guilt, no empathy, no remorse, no feelings except for herself.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if Casey is convicted she will turn around and claim incompetent counsel.
I think it would be difficult for anyone convicted of a crime to prove incompetent counsel! Otherwise every single convicted prisioner would use legal aid to claim incompetent counsel.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Donna, if you google "Sociopath", you'll find that Casey fits the definition in every way! No guilt, no empathy, no remorse, no feelings except for herself.

I think it would be difficult for anyone convicted of a crime to prove incompetent counsel! Otherwise every single convicted prisioner would use legal aid to claim incompetent counsel.
I would normally agree with you but have a look at the Wikepedia info on Baez. The guy has had numerous issues detailed in the info which might lead someone to question why he felt "qualified" to take on a death penatly murder case and certainly question his credibility.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Here is the link to learn a bit about the background of Jose Baez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Baez
Old 06-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum member
Default Just thinking

There is no novelist in the world that could write a story with this many turns and twists.

It's beginning to look like the whole family has known all along what really happened. Family secrets were alluded to from the very first jail visits, through the eulogy, and then to the defense's opening statement. I believe that whatever those secrets are are the key to this whole mess.

I can't help but wonder how Caylee would have turned out had she not died, being brought into such a dysfunctional family. Would she have learned to lie and keep secrets, too? So sad.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default You are so right dillywho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
There is no novelist in the world that could write a story with this many turns and twists.

It's beginning to look like the whole family has known all along what really happened. Family secrets were alluded to from the very first jail visits, through the eulogy, and then to the defense's opening statement. I believe that whatever those secrets are are the key to this whole mess.

I can't help but wonder how Caylee would have turned out had she not died, being brought into such a dysfunctional family. Would she have learned to lie and keep secrets, too? So sad.
I feel like I'm watching "ALL MY CHILDREN"
Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Gold member

Cindy Anthony did not perjure herself in yesterday’s testimony because in her 2009 depositions chloroform was discussed. And she also discussed possibly searching for other toxic chemicals as well. Also, if you Google for chlorophyll, a link to chloroform appears at the bottom of the page.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...depo072809.pdf

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...depo072909.pdf

Furthermore, the jury doesn’t know that Casey was convicted of seven felonies for the checks she stole from her best friend and subsequently cashed. And to be sure, the Judge and the Defense doesn’t want them to know.

But yesterday when the prosecution asked for the date that Cindy remembered hearing about the computer searches, she said it was "prior to Casey’s arrest on check charges". That doesn’t sound like a mother willing to commit perjury to save her daughter.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I see George in the back ground

clutching his bible....Will they call him next?...What other surprises do the Anthony's have for us now?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
jblum, I heard yesterday that the lawyers were doing this pro bono. Is that not true?
Yes. I heard the same. I also heard that when Casey was released that she spent a lot of time with Mr. Baez and that he visits her each evening in her cell. Some tv reports allude they are having an affair .

Pick a little, talk a little, pick a little talk a little, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep. (name that musical)

And what would the world be without a little gossip?
Old 06-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Here is the link to learn a bit about the background of Jose Baez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Baez
Thanks Jack ... I read the back story for Jose Baez, what a life filled with turmoil and bad decisions. Even if Casey claims ineffective counsel, Baez has achieved "celebrity" status, just like Casey. Book deals, publicity, media interviews.

In my opinion, there are some very dark secrets in that household. I doubt we'll ever know the real truth. Lee Anthony makes me very uncomfortable, I find his behaviour strange indeed. There are some days I feel sorry for Cindy and George going through so much anguish with a lying daughter they're trying to protect. There are some days I almost feel sorry for Casey being raised by such disfunctional parents. But mostly, I just want justice for Caylee, that pure sweet angel.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Platinum member
Default Definitions

I have often heard these terms but did not know their meanings. I thought maybe someone else might not exactly know, either.

Inculpatory evidence is a legal term used to describe evidence that shows, or tends to show, a person's involvement in an act, or evidence that can establish guilt. In criminal law, the prosecution has a duty to provide all evidence to the defense, whether it favours the prosecution's case, or the defendant's case. Evidence which tends to show a person's innocence is considered exculpatory evidence.

For example, if a man is poisoned to death by an overdose of arsenic, and a bottle of arsenic is found in the purse of his wife, that bottle could be considered inculpatory evidence against his wife.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Ashton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
The State may be trying to pull some fast ones, too. Surely the State has done some research on Roy Kronk and knows this:

Remember what I said previously about Roy Kronk? This morning, Tony Pipitone pointed out that the photos shown yesterday of Caylee's skull in the woods showed that it was buried up to the eye sockets in muck. He also said that Roy Kronk said when he made his "find" that when the skull rolled out, he picked it up by an eye socket and then put it down. (Gracie, would you ask Helene if she remembers this since she's following it all closely as well?) Wonder how he will testify at trial? Kronk's prior statements should be on tape or tv footage somewhere. Could he be involved in some way?

Like I've said before, Casey knows exactly what happened. Guilty of murder warranting the death penalty? I can't see that, yet. The trial still has a long way to go. The truth is out there somewhere, but it may be hidden so well that it can never be found in total.
This is Roy Kronk talking to Detective Yuri Melich. It is totally opposite of what Ashton claimed and demonstrated about the skull being buried in muck when it was found. He does say here that he didn't touch it, but in other interviews he said he did.

http://youtu.be/NjRWRN3PfGU

Wonder if this will come out if/when he testifies.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
Old 06-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=dillywho;365438]This is Roy Kronk talking to Detective Yuri Melich. It is totally opposite of what Ashton claimed and demonstrated about the skull being buried in muck when it was found. He does say here that he didn't touch it, but in other interviews he said he did.

http://youtu.be/NjRWRN3PfGU

Wonder if this will come out if/when he testifies.[/Q

According to this Kronk found the skull in a bag and it "rolled out." Not buried in the muck?

C
Old 06-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I am anxious to see, what took place behind closed doors on Sat...
If Casey knows what's good for her, she will take a plea, if one is on the table!!!
I'll bet, she gets about 40 years or more..Any thoughts????

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.